Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Balance not nerf - there is a difference

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Balance not nerf - there is a difference

WasabiJack
12.27.2011 , 12:14 AM | #1
Thought I'd throw this out there since there is so much negativity in the pvp forum regarding nerfing this and that...

First I want to get one thing off my mind.

The purple lightning, is not OP considering what it does (slighting off balance perhaps). It is a channeled spell.. In a pvp fight with even matched teams, channeled spells are equivalent to a stun on the caster. ie. it takes that player out of the match for the channel period so the slow status that it inflicts is not that big a deal because it slows you but takes the caster out completely. So the dmg is the only thing in question...

That brings me to the topic of this post. Lets be constructive in the dicussion, consider what you are finding disruptive in your experience and offer a solution. Reducing dmg on the spell for Sith Sorc would probably ruin that class. For example, moving this purple lightning (force lightning I believe it's called) spell up to the top of one of the dmg trees or making the default version 15% weaker and making one of the top tier skill add that 15% back would solve this issue.

Just posting nerf class X is not going to be very helpful and will probably get a ton of defensive posts and a bunch of L2P posts.

I've been doing a lot of pvp and it feels like the classes are designed well, there certainly is room for tweaking and the tweaking is coming I am sure.