Does species matter?

DTalyn

Hi, I've been playing as a Sith Marauder and a Sith Inquistor, and my species is Sith Pureblood. I was wondering if there was any species specific dialogue towards the player? I mean when I first got to my ship with my Inquisitor after recruiting Ashara, she spoke about how the current Sith where too human dominated even though the original Sith were aliens, and my pureblood was standing there like "duh, I know that. You are speaking to one." Also a Talz champion on Hoth referred to me as "human."

So I was wondering, does species matter?

There are a few NPC conversations that will be a little different depending on whether your character is human or not. Also there are different "racial" abilities, but these are purely cosmetic, though in some cases can be annoying to other players (like the Human "rally" ability).

In terms of gameplay, species doesn't matter at all. Unlike some other games, you get no pluses or minuses to base stats, or anything else, for being a particular species.

Thanks for the replies. I also forgot, when on Korriban when you have to free Khem. The instructor sends that other Sith Pureblood first. Then Darth Zash walks in and is like "where's the other Sith? The red one?" And I'm thinking to myself "there's another Pureblood in the room, me."

So every now and then the Devs lack of foresight gives some amusement

Rattataki Agents.

NPC: "The Rattataki must wait outside".

What the dialogue should be:

1. Which one?

2. OK, we'll wait out here. Go get your master.

3. Kaliyo, you go ahead. I'll wait here like the man says.

What the dialogue is:

1. Snark

2. Polite agreement

3. Other snark.

As said before, in game it does not really matter, does not bring any substantial benefit other than cosmetics. However, if you manage to make it to level 50 with a human character, you get +100 presence boost permanently to all your characters on that server. Which comes in handy even if it is not so much (presence boosts your companion fighting abilities).

As i have seen the only difference is if you are an alien or not like in the imperial agent campaign i had a togruta and the other characters were messing with her as for human nothing like that happend. My question is if Sith Pureblood = Alien or not. Because it will be very strange to mock a sith pureblood as if he was a togruta.

The thing that i love the most about the conversation is the gender mistake having a female character and then a slave saying "yes, sir"

Edited by NotADogg

The thing that i love the most about the conversation is the gender mistake having a female character and then a slave saying "yes, sir"

That's not necessarily a mistake.

The convention of calling a male superior "sir" and a female one something else (usually "ma'am" or similar) is just that, a convention. Specifically, it is an Earthly convention. The conversations in SWTOR are noteworthy for many things, and among those things is them being set on places that are not 21st Century Earth, so you can expect their conventions to be different. (Imperial people call all Sith "my Lord", whether or not they are men.)