Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Ortol glitch?

zooblets
05.10.2012 , 06:27 AM | #21
SOLUTION to 4 fires or invisible fires:

If you're experiencing 4 fires or invisible fires then you are doing too much dps. The fires are tied in with the boss's HP.

To solve this slow your dps. If a fire has been summon, don't keep zerging him or you're just asking to be fried by subsequent fires. You can even halt dps to prevent fires from appearing.

To test the dps theory you can aggro the boss and simply run around his room. If you do no damage he will call no fires.

I believe the invisible fires are a result of the animation lag. The extra fires (resulting from too much dps) cause the fires to appear before the fires can even animate due to a queuing effect for the fires on each rocket.

siegeshot
06.09.2012 , 07:33 PM | #22
Thank you for the help. This works really well. Get him down 10% dps. Stop all dps, let the rockets ignite. get him down until he says his next message. Move to the new location (1 out of the 4 will be okay) and wait for the rockets to ignite. Rinse/repeat. Was able to do him just fine as soon as I did the above tactic.

But I couldn't have figured that out without all of the ideas presented in this thread. Thank you so much for helping figure it out.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Ellvaan
06.10.2012 , 09:16 PM | #23
Greetings everyone!

There is currently a patch note in the Public Test Forum in the Game Update 1.3 patch notes regarding General Ortol:

Quote:
Cademimu
  • General Ortol no longer fires rockets faster than once every 15 seconds.
Please note that these patch notes are subject to change. As a reminder, testing on the Public Test Server is free and we would welcome anyone who wants to!

We hope this helps!