Star wars won't launch

blainebattleleaf

When I started up my computer to play SWTOR I went in and logged on and wrote my user and password. When I clicked play the game would glitch out and put me in 800 x 600 resolution and put me in my home screen and wouldn't allow me to play I've tried for more than 10 times and it still doesn't work. Can anyone please help me with my situation?

It sounds as though SWTOR may be trying to play at a resolution or refresh rate that your monitor can't handle.

If that's the case, you can go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\ and in there, delete "client_settings.ini"

That will set the game back to default values the next time you start up (which may still be 800x600), but it should run and the proper resolution can then be set under Preferences. Set the resolution to match your monitor's resolution, and set the refresh rate to 60, unless you specifically know your monitor can do some other refresh rate.

Note: AppData is a hidden folder. You can either go to Folder Options in Control Panel and "unhide" it, or directly type the path into a command line.

Edited by JediQuaker

When I started up my computer to play SWTOR I went in and logged on and wrote my user and password. When I clicked play the game would glitch out and put me in 800 x 600 resolution and put me in my home screen and wouldn't allow me to play I've tried for more than 10 times and it still doesn't work. Can anyone please help me with my situation?

I'm glad someone else has that issue. Mine is ding the same thing and it's interfering with my desktop settings at the same time. Going to try your suggestion. Crossing my fingers!!