Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Case for an Alderaan Stronghold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
The Case for an Alderaan Stronghold

TerGorren
12.17.2017 , 02:39 PM | #21
A stronghold on Alderaan would be a great asset. It would add even more color to the game, forAlderaan is one of the most sophisticated creations among the planets of the whole game. As you play the storylines of the different classes you have the opportunity to experience as well the beauty of the planet as the complicated and fragile political structure of Alderaan. I was always a bit sad when I had to move on from Alderaan to the next stage of my class story.

LordFell
12.17.2017 , 10:20 PM | #22
I'm shocked to see an OLD Alderaan stronghold thread without me voicing an approval for it.

I mean... Alderaan. Can you think of a better world to just give us a straight up "manor" style stronghold?

Do It. Do It Now.
...and by "now" I really mean, asap.

Xina_LA
12.18.2017 , 03:52 PM | #23
Frankly, I don't care what planet a stronghold is on. I just want them to STOP...
* Putting starship hooks where you can't get to them without doing something insane.
* Making wide floorboards/wainscotting that prevents items from being placed against walls.
* Making low ceilings or dangling overhead cables that cut through tall objects.
* Placing hooks in a sloppy way, IE: slightly rotated, unevenly spaced, sticking out from the wall, etc.
* Putting few floor covering (rug) and ceiling hooks.
* Placing floor covering hooks in such a way that you can't put them under furniture arrangements.
* Grouping hooks so that the "room" reset feature works in unexpected and unhelpful ways.
* Putting Centerpiece hooks in tiny rooms where massive decorations don't fit or make any sense.

I would be overjoyed to have a high quality stronghold anywhere. Alderaan would be fantastic!
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

casirabit
12.18.2017 , 11:05 PM | #24
I used to want an Alderaan stronghold but after seeing the Chiss world, I would rather have a Chiss stronghold and then maybe Alderaan.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

SteveTheCynic
12.19.2017 , 02:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post
Alderaan. Can you think of a better world to just give us a straight up "manor" style stronghold?
Perhaps, perhaps not, but that does presuppose that more people than just you *want* a "manor" style stronghold. It's not high on my list. Not least because strongholds are pitched as, well, strongholds. In French, they're called Forteresses, which is equally well translated to English as fortresses.

That said, in their origin, a "manor house" (i.e. where the lord of the manor lived) would have resembled one of two things: a monastery or a castle. Some manors were held by the local monastery's abbot ("Church lands") while most were held by a knight, earl, baron, duke, or even the king, and the lord's residence would have been fortified.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

BenduKundalini
12.19.2017 , 12:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Frankly, I don't care what planet a stronghold is on. I just want them to STOP...
* Putting starship hooks where you can't get to them without doing something insane.
* Making wide floorboards/wainscotting that prevents items from being placed against walls.
* Making low ceilings or dangling overhead cables that cut through tall objects.
* Placing hooks in a sloppy way, IE: slightly rotated, unevenly spaced, sticking out from the wall, etc.
* Putting few floor covering (rug) and ceiling hooks.
* Placing floor covering hooks in such a way that you can't put them under furniture arrangements.
* Grouping hooks so that the "room" reset feature works in unexpected and unhelpful ways.
* Putting Centerpiece hooks in tiny rooms where massive decorations don't fit or make any sense.

I would be overjoyed to have a high quality stronghold anywhere. Alderaan would be fantastic!
This.

LordFell
12.20.2017 , 04:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Looking at the way the insides of Alderaan areas (House Thul, House Organa, et al) I think Alderaan would really match up well against your list of pet peeves.

I'm thinking very square construction. One big, central room (big enough to house a Starship Hook, should you desire) with an overlooking balcony. The balcony would be held up with a series of round pillars... but there would be room around the outside of the pillars for Large hooks. For the most part, walls would be very squared off. Flat wall coming down to a 90 degree angle with a flat floor. Grand double stairs up to the second floor... nice SQUARE rooms off the ring around the balcony. Perhaps a nice garden outside the fancy main doors.

...another idea. If you do the Bounty Hunter story, you can pick up the title Baron(ess). I was thinking it would be neat-o, if other classes could pick up noble titles as well. Perhaps unlocking 9/9 your Alderaan stronghold, and getting your Completion over 90% could unlock the title Count(ess).
Spoiler

SteveTheCynic
12.22.2017 , 01:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post
If you do the Bounty Hunter story, you can pick up the title Baron(ess).
I don't think that Baron exists as a title, just Baroness for female bounty hunters.
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

LordFell
12.23.2017 , 05:08 PM | #29
If you're a male Hunter, Raffid offers you a title as well, but it wouldn't be Baron. I don't know if it's an title you can set though.

Siri_Talons
12.25.2017 , 11:40 AM | #30
#sign for a Alderaan stronghold.

I really love Alderaan, It's one of my favorite planets next Naboo and Manaan. I also like the Manaan SH,, but with all the white it's a bit too much sterile for my taste.

and btw: Naboo would be a perfect addition to the SWTOR galaxy because of it's Settlement history around 3900 BBY
Vanjervalis Chain The Nerilles Legacy

Rhann & Kerrian & Aszlara & Dana & Jn Erso