Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Case for an Alderaan Stronghold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
The Case for an Alderaan Stronghold

Jesira
11.11.2016 , 02:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I honesty don't think they going to make any more strongholds.
Why? Data Miners seem to think they're working on a Manaan stronghold. I think they're likely to make them, they're expensive, and an easy motivator for people to buy cartel coins and packs for new decos.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

Eshvara
11.11.2016 , 04:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesira View Post
Why? Data Miners seem to think they're working on a Manaan stronghold. I think they're likely to make them, they're expensive, and an easy motivator for people to buy cartel coins and packs for new decos.
Why do the dataminers think that?
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

casirabit
11.12.2016 , 10:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesira View Post
Why?

(1) If they were going to make one this year, it would already been released. Strongholds have normally been released in the summer or early fall before a new expansion.

(2) They would need to expand their system for us to be able to have all the strongholds and that took them over a year to do first time and if people can't purchase a new one without having to give one up they won't do it. Too many people have all the strongholds and have spent millions in decorating and having to give it up, I don't think so.

Could I be wrong? Possibly but not going to happen this year.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

cenromer
11.12.2016 , 02:45 PM | #14
I agree with a lot of the reasoning for an Alderaan stronghold. On that note, though, I think I have to say the same reasoning would apply to *other* planets as well; for instance, if you've completed the Voss story on a satisfactory note as an individual character, or attained a high rank with their particular faction, it could still make sense for the Voss to offer that particular character... as long as it was "based" in a plot-appropriate location (so in the Voss example, within the confines of the alien enclave for outsiders).

Alternatively, if a stronghold lacks access to the outdoors for walking around or whatever, what would prevent us from being able to purchase holograms to cover the "windows" - something we could activate with a click, like the noise-producing decorations? Then it wouldn't matter at all about the story, though it wouldn't be quite as cool as being able to roam around in the environment you'd prefer to look at. I would love to be able to turn on an illusion of an underwater realm on my Dromund Kaas windows, and if I could choose between underwater and a lovely woodsy scene, I would have a really difficult time choosing. It's possibly a tangential suggestion, but maybe it would be less intensive (and possibly less expensive) than offering an entirely new stronghold that must then be fully unlocked and decorated? *shrugs sheepishly*

Supoiter
11.19.2016 , 06:21 AM | #15
I find it very well to include new strongholds, especially for those who have finished the stories and we are bored and waiting the next expansion, We would be entertained get credits to buy, extend them and decorandólos.

Respect to Voss, Manaan and where its inhabitants do not allow to have houses, you have to keep in mind that they are planets and where we travel there is only a small part of the whole planet, on those planets they could be stronghold in a place apart from their civilization where they do not intervene.

JediKnightZachMi
06.26.2017 , 03:22 PM | #16
/signed

I would love an Alderaan Stronghold. Don't care about any others. I've always wanted just this one.

CyorReco
07.06.2017 , 07:13 AM | #17
/signed.
For all the reason mentioned, by OP......
While Manaan might nice, there's only 2 occasions to go there (the rep vendor) and entering the flashpoint manually, which aren't needed frequently enough imo.

I'd rather have ease of access to a planet that I might actually need to visit after leveling a character. Yes I know you can grab a heroic, but there are occasions when I've done all the heroics and still need to get to Alderaan.
There's a world boss, the rakghoul event, dread seed and bounties.

Also when I'm in other strongholds I often utilize the planetary chat; whether it's to respond to someone's question, or join a group for killing a world boss or doing heroics. No real possibility of doing these things on Manaan. Hoth would also make a lot sense for an SH planet, as many of the same reasons I've mentioned and that were stated by OP would also apply.

casirabit
07.06.2017 , 07:35 AM | #18
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Kurj
07.07.2017 , 02:29 PM | #19
I would love an Alderaan SH, set in the mountains, with snow, trees, etc. That would be amazing.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Kilroywushere
07.10.2017 , 03:33 AM | #20
I am absolutely on board with the idea of a Alderaan stronghold.

Having one of those large noble mansions, it being a part of walled in compound even. I would love to see some of my mandalorian npcs stationed as guards.
Tion ke'gyce ner kad al'ijaat? What guides my sword if not honor?”-ancient Mandalorian saying
My Referral Code : Here
(1FREE transfer,7-day FREE sub,FREE Jumpstart & Preferred Bundles)