Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

400 Synthweaving

StrifedRevan
12.26.2011 , 11:09 PM | #1
So I just hit 400 and am closing in on level 50, but theres almost no variety in what to craft for my sith assassin once I hit 50, I know most recipes come from schematics, but I have no idea were to get those other than random rewards from crew missions, any tips?

darkonnis
12.26.2011 , 11:55 PM | #2
So far, i have found synthweaving to be a waste of time. maxed it and now it turns out the armour i got fro mthe quests on my way to 50 is better than anything i can make. not impressed. I get the whole schematic thing but the vendor should atleast be able to teach me thigns which are better than what a normal world heroic will give me for completing it.
Wish i'd gone cybertech
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

sw_dragon
12.27.2011 , 12:41 AM | #3
Man thats really disappointing to hear Ive noticed most of the light armor patterns look like junk when worn too

Darthbarbarous
12.27.2011 , 12:46 AM | #4
I am not at 400, only at about 220ish but I wanted to add the two best schematics I have found so far are republic only armor and of course I am sith which makes them completely useless for anything. I should not be getting republic drops period as sith and visa versa.

Forgon
12.27.2011 , 12:58 AM | #5
Working on my synthweaving. Haven't used it, only at 64. Can't find any good schematics. If I knew where they were and saw which were orange (moddable) gear, i would use them but I just can't seem to find them.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Aqualisk
12.27.2011 , 01:57 AM | #6
Investigation will yield the primeval schematics. Those are the highest grade of crafted items. You can find them on the auction house as people are usually selling. They start out as blue, but you can reverse engineer them to make even better stuff.

There are lot of primeval schematics. One for every type of armor. I.E. Tank Light Armor, healer light armor, and dps light armor.

Edit: The primeval schematics are the name for the 50 versions. You can find them at virtually any crafted level. For example there are ancient schematics for the level 45 gear.

Heimskringla
12.27.2011 , 09:53 AM | #7
Synthweaving is mostly useless for light armour wearers. I've kept my Synthweaving up as I level so that I can craft level-appropriate gear, but there's not much gear that's worth crafting. At various times I've used a pair of boots, a couple of belts, and some bracers. However, those items are quickly replaced by quest rewards, specialty vendor items, or commendation items.

I do keep up on my schematics and have blue/purple for numerous items, but there simply aren't enough schematics for Synthweaving to be viable.

Also, I see my clone all the time. I'm not sure where Bioware gets this "There are hundreds/thousands of different appearances in the game." There's not enough visual diversity in the game, tbh.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

Anelyn
12.27.2011 , 09:56 AM | #8
What can I say, am a happy biochem myself Everyone loves my implants, since lvl 25 am researching epic version of all types aim, str, cunning, willpower, both healers, casters, melee and tanks :>

DivineRepublic
12.27.2011 , 10:00 AM | #9
What are you guys smoking? You get the best in game bracers and belts and you get them a good 5-6 levels before anyone else can from questing. If you are not disasembling that is your problem. Every time you disasemble a green there is a chance you learn a blue patern and the same from blue to epic patterns. At max level you can get the best epic bracers and belts from day one. Did you really expect to be able to craft all of your gear thus making the rest of the entire game useless to crafters. I think not!
My better is better than your better!

Xkore
12.27.2011 , 10:02 AM | #10
Idk why everyone hates on Synthweaving so much.

I picked this skill up and on my level 41 Sorcerer, this skill has made me BANK. Basically I am one of the only people on my server to craft many of the open socket orange items ranging from level 31-39. I sell each item for 5k-15k each and so far I have made over 500,000 credits.

Maybe it isnt so useful for crafting your own personal armor, but I find it to be a good money maker.