Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First world pvp encounter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
First world pvp encounter

Kreet
12.27.2011 , 09:40 AM | #11
Honestly World pvp for me is rewarding in and of itself, just to be able to kill the opposing faction, and if its while they are questing i consider that a PLUS! My funniest battle was some sage stealth'd his way down into the main camp on Hoth and tried to attack me (lvl 39 Juggers with Jaesa comp out) while i was talking to commendation vendor.....Guildie from across the room 37 inq sorc, came and lightning the crap out of him while i force choked lol poor guy never even saw my Guildie i dont think.

Tzaz
12.27.2011 , 09:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheduur View Post
WHAT?

BH and Sorceror are in the same faction.
There is an area in Tatooine that you can pvp people in your faction as long as they aren't in your group.
[/7777777777[<Θ>]{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Olvera
12.27.2011 , 09:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by saido View Post
"Kill to Kill" or "Killing is its own reward" is just fine for me.

Fighting the enemy is about fighting the enemy. You fight them because they are the enemy not because of a loot drop. It's competition in the rawest form. It's teamwork to defeat superior numbers. It's the challenge. It's pitting yourself against the competition to see how good you are.

I don't want loot drops or XP for every heartbeat of the game. I don't want to be constantly incentivised for every decision. Shiny trinkets for every action leads to digital materialist fatigue. This an MMO with an opposing faction -- it's war. Fight. If you want an incentive -- camp a zone your enemy needs at higher levels to inhibit their progression. You have a blaster. You have enemy. Go shoot them.
Well someone was able to understand the point of my post.

Sometimes the thrill of the fight is worth more than physical rewards.

Or I could of messed up on identifying the jedi. Cause I know there were two jedi. One being a companion.

nomanking
12.27.2011 , 09:54 PM | #14
Well imo i engaged 3 times in world pvp. Shadow and commando and smuggler. I won all 3. And i didnt attck my opponents like gank or something. I went in from front. I i wanted to let them know tat i wanted to fight. So it was pretty even fights. I lost 1 and. Won 2. And even with no reward the feeling i got for winning and even for losing coz i almost had him. That feeling ive never felt in any warzone or anything. Ppl who live to pvp dont rly care about rewards. Its just fun. And thats a reward for me

Nomiematiko
12.27.2011 , 10:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by matthrms View Post
Obviously you aren't a "tru Xcore pvPer". You didn't get anything from engaging in world pvp, which means there is no reason to world pvp, which means that you physically -can't- engage in world pvp, which means that bioware has failed at implementing world pvp.

Were you truly hardcore, the realization that your valor didn't increment should have immediately sent you to the forums to author a rage-quit post.
IF bioware had done that this game would never have 1million subs afte week, but 100k subs like all the other crapy mmo's that have that feature. If world pvp gave something for killing people ganking would be the only thing to do :| , mass zerg isnt pvp remenber that.