Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity for Corruption: Waste Not Want Not

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Alacrity for Corruption: Waste Not Want Not

Menaed
12.29.2011 , 01:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Randkin View Post
Considering the talent itself says it grants 20% alacrity rather than reducing the cast time of X spell, isn't this splitting hairs? It almost looks like you're saying "Something that makes me swing my axe faster isn't the same thing as something that makes me able to act more quickly". Both stem from pure Alacrity stat. All that matters is how much of it, and the talent's case is a pure 20% regardless. So if Alacrity affects the GCD, then there you go. And if it doesn't, then again there you go. The way you word it almost makes it sound like the talent and the stat itself are different entities, and they aren't.

Also, I remember EJ telling Shadow Priests to not stack Haste as a top priority in Wrath. Yet no other Priest on my server could ultimately keep up, and this was with folks who had better gear to boot. Not a single time would they even match me, much less surpass me, with what EJ told them to do. Never think that they're always right without fail. They are, like anyone or thing else, a group of opinions, and if everyone listened to those all the time without fail the forums would have about 60% less posts due to lack of arguments.
They very well might be different entities, depending on how it's coded. The talent says it adds 20% alacrity, but did the coders actually add an extra 20% on to your stat for the duration of the buff, or did they go the route of cast time = base * alacrity bonus / 1.2? It wouldn't be the first time an MMO's tooltip was misleading or blatantly wrong (), as you should know as a former priest. And the game is a bit buggy this early in release, so something like that slipping through the net wouldn't surprise me one bit.

You might be right, but you might be wrong. I'm not judging either way; just trying to keep an open mind 'till somebody tests it for me.

Randkin
12.29.2011 , 01:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Menaed View Post
They very well might be different entities, depending on how it's coded. The talent says it adds 20% alacrity, but did the coders actually add an extra 20% on to your stat for the duration of the buff, or did they go the route of cast time = base * alacrity bonus / 1.2? It wouldn't be the first time an MMO's tooltip was misleading or blatantly wrong (), as you should know as a former priest. And the game is a bit buggy this early in release, so something like that slipping through the net wouldn't surprise me one bit.

You might be right, but you might be wrong. I'm not judging either way; just trying to keep an open mind 'till somebody tests it for me.
Fair enough! Although I'm rather certain I've seen other posts on here from folks saying they've used it and it's given them a flat 20% Alacrity, not 20% of their CURRENT Alacrity. I remember it from another discussion of whether or not GCD is affected by Alacrity as well as HoTs//DoTs.

Edit: Or maybe it was THIS bloody thread and my memory is atrocious.