Returning after several years absence - queries

StarKiwi

Hi All,

I've decided to give SWTOR a run through after several years absence (circa 4 years!).

Some queries-

• What happened to biochem and reusable stims/medpacks? My purples are now once-only.
  • With other crafting skills, what was once the core skills have gone from my old craftable items and they now have mastery/power buffs are all listed in the 'archived' sublist.
  • Are dissappearing mods common? I have a snipers legacy bound bowcaster which has lost all its mods and is just shell item at the moment.

If there is somewhere/something comprehensive that even gets me somewhat up to speed, more than happy to do so :)

When the last expansion launched last year, they made a large change to all crew skills. There is no longer infinitely reusable stims/packs/grenades, so no crew skill has an advantage over any other for convenience. The blue recipes now craft 3-6 items per shot.

The vast majority of your old recipes are now 'archived'. There's not a lot of use for them since the new recipes have taken their place. And since all of the primary stats were condensed into mastery, that's what all your old recipes became. Basically now you need to craft the base component recipe first, then the item you want to make with those components. Though we do get some benefits. Crew skill craft and mission times have been heavily reduced at the high end, and if you level influence with a companion, you can get a much higher crit rate (Up to +25% crit rate for a 50 influence companion)

Disappearing mods are not common, but likely has a lot to do with the fact that mods and armoring are all mastery based now, so there doesn't need to be as many versions of those components, and the ones that used to be in there no longer exist. Since I doubt there will be large stat changes in the future.