Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5.0 crafting


-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
10.18.2016 , 04:48 PM | #1
I didnt see the Dev stream on 5.0 and i haven't found anything so far about the crafting for 5.0 but i'm assuming, That Augments and Kits are going to have a new level as well as the rest of the crew skills.
Can anyone confirm this or point to a link that talks about it?
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

jedikranma's Avatar


jedikranma
10.18.2016 , 05:18 PM | #2
my question is what is going to happen who bought war hero schematics, will they be turned into a mastery time crystal we can craft

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
10.18.2016 , 09:31 PM | #3
War hero schematics dont contain expertise, i fail to see your concern
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

psandak's Avatar


psandak
10.19.2016 , 07:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
War hero schematics dont contain expertise, i fail to see your concern
Probably talking about War Hero color crystals, that offer +41 Expertise.

and to answer the question, they will probably be converted to mastery. So instead of having crit, power, endurance, expertise, we will have crit, power, endurance, and mastery.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Holocron's Avatar


Holocron
10.19.2016 , 02:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
I didnt see the Dev stream on 5.0 and i haven't found anything so far about the crafting for 5.0 but i'm assuming, That Augments and Kits are going to have a new level as well as the rest of the crew skills.
Can anyone confirm this or point to a link that talks about it?
There are indeed sources that we can't mention, but to answer your question, yes there will be.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
10.24.2016 , 11:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Probably talking about War Hero color crystals, that offer +41 Expertise.

and to answer the question, they will probably be converted to mastery. So instead of having crit, power, endurance, expertise, we will have crit, power, endurance, and mastery.
oh yeah my mistake, misread the post. Sorry
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
10.29.2016 , 07:14 AM | #7
Still no crafting in this game come 5.0 not sure why peeps insist on calling it crafting. You don't create unique items with better stats. You can't even make unique, appearance changes to items that look cool and seeing that most of the gear in this game are god awful and ugly, at least if that was available that would create a demand for people to buy your product. No instead you replicate stock crap that every other player can duplicate THIS IS NOT CRAFTING. It was put in the game as an advertising/marketing gimmick to entice people from other MMO's and much like the space sim they are apathetic and frankly not worth the time. Back in the day when i played galaxies I could veg out and play for hours just crafting stuff that other people wanted until that changes this replication system is a joke ( Really guys Tie vs Xwing a 20+ year old space sim 1000 times more fun to play and that had joystick support to boot!)

psandak's Avatar


psandak
10.29.2016 , 12:13 PM | #8
@Kazz_Devlin,

Maybe you should take a moment to understand what crafting is defined as: (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/craft)
  • an activity that involves making something in a skillful way
  • a job or activity that requires special skill.
  • an occupation or trade requiring manual dexterity or artistic skill <the carpenter's craft> <the craft of writing plays> <crafts such as pottery, carpentry, and sewing>

There is nothing in those definitions of crafting (or any other from ANY resource) that specifically states the items crafted must be unique and/or special. Just because a potter crafts pottery or a sewer sews, or a basketweaver weaves baskets does not mean every item is special or unique and that only they can craft them. Yes, in the real world, because people are imperfect, each time a potter, sewer, or basketweaver makes something no matter how hard they try to make it identical to the previous it is not. But that does not make those items unique and special it just makes them different.

In fact an artist friend of mine separates art and craft as just that: art is the activity of creating something unique and special, while craft is the activity of making stuff usually repetitively and most commonly to make money.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

GrimWulf's Avatar


GrimWulf
10.29.2016 , 03:29 PM | #9
Any word on Augments and Augment Kits?

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge...

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
10.30.2016 , 08:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
@Kazz_Devlin,

Maybe you should take a moment to understand what crafting is defined as: (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/craft)
  • an activity that involves making something in a skillful way
  • a job or activity that requires special skill.
  • an occupation or trade requiring manual dexterity or artistic skill <the carpenter's craft> <the craft of writing plays> <crafts such as pottery, carpentry, and sewing>

There is nothing in those definitions of crafting (or any other from ANY resource) that specifically states the items crafted must be unique and/or special. Just because a potter crafts pottery or a sewer sews, or a basketweaver weaves baskets does not mean every item is special or unique and that only they can craft them. Yes, in the real world, because people are imperfect, each time a potter, sewer, or basketweaver makes something no matter how hard they try to make it identical to the previous it is not. But that does not make those items unique and special it just makes them different.

In fact an artist friend of mine separates art and craft as just that: art is the activity of creating something unique and special, while craft is the activity of making stuff usually repetitively and most commonly to make money.
Actually it does!
Lets go to thesaurus.com and enter unique and hit search and whats the first word that pops up in the list Different. (psst they mean the same thing! It's okay I understand your probably still in school) but maybe you should take a moment to understand what unique means before commenting next time!

What your friend thinks is NOT fact even if he is an artist i am sorry that's opinion. It is completely possible to create something that is unique and special because by your own admission humans can never reproduce something exactly the same yet your repeating a process thus its repetitive yet this in no way inhibits one from making a living doing something. (Not the same in SWTOR Virtual world were replicated items are literally things that are identical)

Further more your comparison is apples to oranges now granted when i posted this I assumed (bad me) that most would have the intellectual acumen to understand I was referring to a virtual system most commonly seen in MMO's in which the predominant reason one would do so is to earn some monetary value or perhaps notoriety not real world crafting /skills and trades. Traditionally most crafting systems and the really best IMHO allow the player to create items that people want because they are unique or (different) or offer the best value because of stats or materials used. Now to your list, since this is a virtual experience there is no real skill that the player has that affects the out come of items produced. While it is true level does all players of equal level produce products exactly the same. As far as requiring a special skill well if everyone who crafts said items have the same skill whats special about it? Your last item in the "list" is just not pertinent because none of those things are present in game