Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So basically im BROKE if i dont pick slicing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
So basically im BROKE if i dont pick slicing?

_Scattered_
12.26.2011 , 11:32 PM | #11
You aren't rich if you do slicing, you are just poor if you do crafting.

EvanSnowWolf
12.26.2011 , 11:38 PM | #12
I have Slicing at 400, and I have no idea how you Slicers are rich. I pay 1200-1400 credits a trip to come back with maybe 2K a box. I've spent the last hour or so hovering just above 80K because half of my returns barely break even with what they cost to go out and do.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Stillnotking
12.26.2011 , 11:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
I have Slicing at 400, and I have no idea how you Slicers are rich. I pay 1200-1400 credits a trip to come back with maybe 2K a box. I've spent the last hour or so hovering just above 80K because half of my returns barely break even with what they cost to go out and do.
Only run Rich/Bountiful missions. Rank doesn't matter (except skip the single rank 1 Rich mission, it is much less profitable than the others). Rich and Bountiful missions give approximately 3x the credits per hour that Moderate and Abundant ones do.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

Crawler
12.26.2011 , 11:51 PM | #14
the problem is overally with crafting not just slicing. From jsut a bit beta weekend expirience i could tell that if you do crafting alot you are broke all the time.

Quest rewards are good, planty of options with commanditions pvp gear etc.. this all makes very hard time selling stuff - not to mention if other guys also level up their crafting they are broke too so they cant afford buying gear of ah.

At top of that missions are so expensive .. you pay 1k for some missions already at 25+ lv and i imagine everyone want to be ahead in craftign so they can equiip new shinies jsut after ding.

this is a huge money sink

im 41 400x in all proff craft included + slicing. got the 40lv mount, bought quite some mats on ah but also sold crafts so thsoe even out. Siting at 550k now.

Lord_Itharius
12.26.2011 , 11:51 PM | #15
Players with slicing have more credits because slicing breaks even, so it doesn't cost anything to level, whereas most players are trying to level a third mission skill while they're leveling, which their quest income simply can't sustain.

At lvl 50, slicing doesn't make credits very quickly.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

navlasop
12.26.2011 , 11:57 PM | #16
I never had trouble with money - Always had cash for the skills, even the pilot 1/2/3 AND i got all craft skills at 400 when i just hit 50 yesterday. Only Investigation wasn't maxed the last five'ish levels

But (yes there was one, hehe) I almost never used any money on the regular vendors. No expensive specialty goods crap. I probably used 300-400k on marked, but not more then that i'd reckon. Didn't really need much more as i crafted my own barrels (mostly blue - sometimes purple) each other level and got commendation mods for the gear all the time. I usually leveled armstech by making barrels as well, since the other gear is too costly resource wise - and getting purple

All other drops was just sold to vendor - didn't have time to sell it at the marked :P
--------------------------
Just fragging Google it!

Virance
12.26.2011 , 11:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by _Scattered_ View Post
This. Slicing honestly doesn't make that much money - but crafting is very expensive. Slicing yields a net gain, the other missions skills (with the exception of Treasure Hunting that is also quite profitable) yield massive losses.

Fashbinder
12.26.2011 , 11:59 PM | #18
Guildie of mine is sitting over a million creds from slicing. I was broke 2 days ago from maxing cybertech and spamming underworld trading for mats. RE'd a blue l50 earpiece. Other crafters know how hard that is.

Picked up slicing a little over 24 hours ago, Im now sitting on 400k.
The only ones sticking to the "It's not launch yet!" spiel are the same fanbois who said "It's only beta!!" and will soon be saying "It's only 1-2-6 months since launch!!"

Philmors
12.27.2011 , 12:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by _Scattered_ View Post
No, you are only poor if you are bad at decision making and put very little on the auction house. I don't have slicing on my Jedi Knight Guardian and have Cybertech, scavenging, and underworld trading. I make plenty of credits by putting higher quality items and mods on the auction house and do my daily space missions every day as well. I may not make as much as slicing but it's enough to get by for sure.

SolGravion
12.27.2011 , 12:00 AM | #20
I had almost 70k at level 23 just from selling grey items and greens. Could of made more if I wanted to tax players for crappy greens.

2 hours after I trained for speeder skill at 25 I was sitting on another 40k just from greys, quests and greens.

Money seems fine imo. You have to spend some to level trade skills but thats a given in any mmo.