Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So basically im BROKE if i dont pick slicing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
So basically im BROKE if i dont pick slicing?

Slazz
12.26.2011 , 10:12 PM | #1
my friend is 3 levels under me and has 150k already at lvl 29... im sitting at 32 with f'n 8k to my name after buying all the new training skills i needed.

something wrong here?
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀°[]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Formae
12.26.2011 , 10:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slazz View Post
my friend is 3 levels under me and has 150k already at lvl 29... im sitting at 32 with f'n 8k to my name after buying all the new training skills i needed.

something wrong here?
I have slicing in the mid 300s right now, and I have to agree. I have about 130k at level 32 right now, but on my level 24 jedi knight, I never had more than 20k at a time. I think Bioware went a little overboard on training and repair prices, but that's just me.
"The Dark Shall Fade,
The Light Shall Come,
A Beacon Of Hope,
In A Land Of Villainy And Scum." -Formae.

Terraluna
12.26.2011 , 10:24 PM | #3
if you don't do crew skills your fine. If you do slicing your rich. If you do anything else your constantly struggling for enough to even buy skills.

Is about the sum of it

Endgame though every skill is very nice, including slicing since it provides the mission items for the guaranteed artifact missions.

Just slicing is super OP for the first 49 levels and maintains it's free to do and really nice rewards status at 50 without even having to work the auction house if you choose not to

Kachi
12.26.2011 , 10:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slazz View Post

something wrong here?
I have a lvl 27 Jedi Knight who is sitting on 80k right now. I have spent well over an additional 80k on extra items, and I do not have the Slicing skill.

Thanks to Apple we now have an "i" in Team. iTeam

TYBERzan
12.26.2011 , 10:28 PM | #5
I think they are getting ready to change that so you may not want to get crafting after all.

holybeardman
12.26.2011 , 10:42 PM | #6
Slicing is only good now just because the crafting is pure profit. I can tell you right now that in the end slicing will pale in comparison to what actual crafting can do. So I promise. Dont cry. It will all even out <3
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me.

Cloakmolotov
12.26.2011 , 10:46 PM | #7
I make bank on the auction house with biochem.

Use the auction house, it is your friend.

mutilatedcorpse
12.26.2011 , 10:52 PM | #8
No matter what profession you take some people are just destined to be poor. learn how to manipulate the player auction system and youll be rich. buy low sell higher
Darth Mutilis
I am the heart of darkness. I know no fear. But rather I instill it in my enemies. I am the destroyer of worlds. I know the power of the Dark Side. I am the fire of hate. I am Sith...

Dustfinder
12.26.2011 , 10:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mutilatedcorpse View Post
No matter what profession you take some people are just destined to be poor. learn how to manipulate the player auction system and youll be rich. buy low sell higher
THIS! Of course slicing does help too lol.

Sharma
12.26.2011 , 11:08 PM | #10
Im armstech/scavenging/investigation. Level 41. I have about 100k right now. This is AFTER spending about 280k previous level for new mount, skills and ship upgrades. My armstech is about 370/400. Investigation 50/400.
Dont know what people are doing to not have money in this game. I sell BoE gear on the auction house and i never buy vendor items/gear. Dark side gives a few extra credits when i get to sell people out. I raise my armstech through only crafting barrels which is dirt cheap. And i get by just fine...