Please remove the suggestion box sub category

Holocron

Ironically this may end up being sent to the suggestion box :cool:

But yeah, it's a place with much less traffic than General from players and staff in terms of responses (or seems that way to cover my butt since I didn't literally count responses) so I understand why people don't use it.

I thought that was off topic? Given, normally the smaller ones are normally sent to the suggestion box, while the larger ones off topic.

Off topic is for ideas that are too good, or crtisizm that is too accurate. The suggestion box is for generally good ideas to slowly rot away.

But yeah, it's a place with much less traffic than General from players and staff in terms of responses (or seems that way to cover my butt since I didn't literally count responses) so I understand why people don't use it.

That really would be a bitter irony. :p

When was the last time their was even a yellow post in the suggestion box anyway?

Not sure I agree. If I were a dev looking for player ideas, I would not want to sift through the whirlpool of chaos that is general. I would want to be able to go right into a forum dedicated to ideas and skim.

Threads live longer in suggestions than they do in general because of the decreased traffic. Sure, less people see them and post their opinions about them, but for many ideas, there isn't a lot for players to see or talk about. The devs will either think the idea has merit or they won't.

The most active suggestion threads are usually just people arguing over whether the idea should be in the game. When those arguments have merit, they might be of interest to a dev, but most of it is just anger-fueled bickering.

• Dev Post
It's only used by the mods to send good ideas there to die, and ensure no dev, or the rest of player base to ever see them.

It is actually by design that we respond rarely/if ever in the Suggestion Box forum. I can tell you that the team definitely reads that forum often to see what players would like to see. The challenge is that if we respond to specific threads or ideas, it will set an expectation that the idea is "confirmed going into the game" or could make other people feel like their ideas are getting less attention.

It is that sensitivity that keeps us from not posting in there. We do read it though, so keep the suggestions coming!

-eric

PS - I should move this to the suggestion box since it is a suggestion, but then I wouldn't respond :rak_03:

• Like 1

Not sure I agree. If I were a dev looking for player ideas, I would not want to sift through the whirlpool of chaos that is general. I would want to be able to go right into a forum dedicated to ideas and skim.

Threads live longer in suggestions than they do in general because of the decreased traffic. Sure, less people see them and post their opinions about them, but for many ideas, there isn't a lot for players to see or talk about. The devs will either think the idea has merit or they won't.

The most active suggestion threads are usually just people arguing over whether the idea should be in the game. When those arguments have merit, they might be of interest to a dev, but most of it is just anger-fueled bickering.

The problem is that the devs usually comment, and sometimes take action with game changes based on those decisive threads in the general forum. When can we ever say that about the suggestion box?

Plus it is that bickering and back and forth that will actually parse out if an idea is good or not.

Edited by Holocron

It's only used by the mods to send good ideas there to die, and ensure no dev, or the rest of player base to ever see them.

You know, you should actually go and take a look at the suggestion box sometime because the discourse there is actually pretty solid. You must also understand that some ideas are just badly thought out and that brings disagreement However, I have seen plenty of ideas gain traction and support because they are well thought out and I actually believe that to some degree they do implement what they can.

It is actually by design that we respond rarely/if ever in the Suggestion Box forum. I can tell you that the team definitely reads that forum often to see what players would like to see. The challenge is that if we respond to specific threads or ideas, it will set an expectation that the idea is "confirmed going into the game" or could make other people feel like their ideas are getting less attention.

It is that sensitivity that keeps us from not posting in there. We do read it though, so keep the suggestions coming!

-eric

PS - I should move this to the suggestion box since it is a suggestion, but then I wouldn't respond :rak_03:

That makes a lot of sense, actually. :/ People get an idea into their heads - "ooh, a mod commented, and they said 'oh hey nice idea!' so that means IT'S CANON NOW, PEOPLE!!" - and then there is no persuading them differently.

And then screams of "a slap in the face" (*drink*) when nothing comes of those ideas for whatever reason. :p

In any case, thanks for explaining, eric!

-eric

That PS made my day!

That makes a lot of sense, actually. :/ People get an idea into their heads - "ooh, a mod commented, and they said 'oh hey nice idea!' so that means IT'S CANON NOW, PEOPLE!!" - and then there is no persuading them differently.

And then screams of "a slap in the face" (*drink*) when nothing comes of those ideas for whatever reason. :p

In any case, thanks for explaining, eric!

I don't think there has ever been any real evidence of that, though.

I think the problem is that so few threads get dev replies, which is why when one occasionally does a lot of people assume it means something is confirmed. I think the only way to stop this would be to reply to lots of threads in Suggestions, but that would be a lot of "we're considering it" which no one likes.

I think the problem is that so few threads get dev replies, which is why when one occasionally does a lot of people assume it means something is confirmed. I think the only way to stop this would be to reply to lots of threads in Suggestions, but that would be a lot of "we're considering it" which no one likes.

Surely they could talk with and interact with us on a regular basis without having to commit to anything. Or is it too much to assume that players can act right?

-eric

Question: Do they actually really read ? and do they actually read everything or just Post that have many pages ?

Btw while I can understand the '''we can't reply to suggestion out of fear peoples will think we gonna add this or that'' .

But how about others Topics ? some topic have bugs questions , companions , stories and such ?

A reply about stuff like Kotfe chapters decisions and such..would be nice . Of course , come armed with the shield that was on the floor..to absorb tha force the community will unleash lol :p

good ideas there to die
Doesn't sound to me like you've ever actually spent much time reading the suggestion box forum.

While there are occasionally good ideas, the vast majority are:

1) Stupid

2) Bad

3) Way outside the scope of the game

4) Too complex to ever have a hope of seeing the light of day

5) Contrary to the direction the people in charge of the game want to take it

6) Things so esoteric as to be a waste of development resources

Doesn't sound to me like you've ever actually spent much time reading the suggestion box forum.

While there are occasionally good ideas, the vast majority are:

1) Stupid

2) Bad

3) Way outside the scope of the game

4) Too complex to ever have a hope of seeing the light of day

5) Contrary to the direction the people in charge of the game want to take it

6) Things so esoteric as to be a waste of development resources

You may be right, but that would require me to go there and look. :p

-eric

Having a few false expections is not as bad as players thinking the developers are completely apathetic to player feedback. And I can say for certain Eric, most of the playerbase percieve BWA as a hermit studio who mostly only have periodic one way conversations. I'm not saying thats the reality but it is the perception that has come from your communication approach.

Edited by KevinQCowart