Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lightsaber mod glitch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
lightsaber mod glitch

squidboy
12.26.2011 , 09:46 PM | #1
I know this happens to all players but the only lightsaber that the game will let me modify is the one at the very beginning and all the others it comes up with scrambled words at the top or the words lightsaber and shows nothing else. If a developer reads this please fix this glitch in a coming update!

Craftura
12.26.2011 , 11:34 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by squidboy View Post
I know this happens to all players but the only lightsaber that the game will let me modify is the one at the very beginning and all the others it comes up with scrambled words at the top or the words lightsaber and shows nothing else. If a developer reads this please fix this glitch in a coming update!
Most lightsabers you recieve from rewards won't be upgradable. I've got an orange-item saber that is upgradable, I'm lvl 36 and I've had it for a few levels now, the former one was also an orange upgradable item. I bought the earlier one at a commedations vendor I believe.
It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong -- R. Feynman

Tieral
12.27.2011 , 12:22 AM | #3
Best place to get modable lightsabers is from the commendation vendors. I know Courscant has some, and plenty on later planets. Those will be 14 commendations or so, but should have current level mods in all 4 slots.

Find a pair you like, and keep on upgrading them, thats what I did.
It all comes down to 3 things in life, the Good, the Bad, and the married. Which one are you?

Ryat
12.27.2011 , 01:30 AM | #4
I found two (the first one obviously) early and modify them regular. No glitches for me.

Balsax
01.27.2012 , 08:40 PM | #5
Anyone still having light saber modding problems? I know I am.

Kytea
01.28.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
Never had a lightsaber mod glitch.
I play two jedi chars in their 30s (one sage, one sentinel)

Balsax
02.01.2012 , 07:45 PM | #7
So no matter what lightsaber I have and try to mod it at the work bench I am unable to do anything. I select a lightsaber at the work bench and when the mod screen comes up and in the title screen where it supposed to say what weapon is supposed to be selected shows garbled words and no weapon to mod. How do I fix this? And it's only lightsabers.

logan_starkiller
02.24.2012 , 01:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by squidboy View Post
i have the same problem. I can modify my first single-bladed saber, but not my double-bladed saber. I am a level 13 Assassin and bought a $1250 saberstaff from a vendor but I can modify it. When I Ctrl-Right click on the saber, both of my lightsabers are visible, but only the single-bladed one has modification slots.

Zazyl
02.24.2012 , 02:54 PM | #9
First, are you 100% positive the saber is moddable? As others have said, not all sabers can be modded. Only customizables ones are, which they usually are an "orange" item. So if it's a green/blue saber, it's likely not moddable, stop trying to mod it!

Second, you don't HAVE to use a mod table to apply mods to customizable gear. Just open your inventory or char sheet (if it's currently equipped) and ctrl-right click on the item. The mod window will open (if it's truly a moddable item) and you will be able to add/remove your mods. If this is truly not working, you are bugged, put in a ticket in the game. Posting here will do nothing for you as devs don't read the forums regularly, if at all.