Can't figure out how to leave The Republic Fleet

Rnck

I came to the Republic Fleet for a couple of missions. Now I want to leave, get in my ship, and continue on with the game. The problem is, I can't figure out how to leave the Republic Fleet. There are no 'hints' as to which exit to take. Every exit I have checked begins a flashpoint or another mission that I do not have yet. I would appreciate if someone could give me instructions on how to leave the Republic Fleet to continue playing the game.

I came to the Republic Fleet for a couple of missions. Now I want to leave, get in my ship, and continue on with the game. The problem is, I can't figure out how to leave the Republic Fleet. There are no 'hints' as to which exit to take. Every exit I have checked begins a flashpoint or another mission that I do not have yet. I would appreciate if someone could give me instructions on how to leave the Republic Fleet to continue playing the game.

There are actually 8 exits on the fleet, one in each of the 4 cardinal directions, and then 4 in the 4 secondary directions (cardinal being North, South, East, and West, and secondary being Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Northwest). In addition, to add to the confusion, the 4 cardinal direction exits that are for fps, coruscant, etc, are on the outer ring, whereas for the player ships are on the inner rings. So you'll want to take one of the inner ring exits to get back to your ship.

Here is a map that shows the exits. You'll want to take the Smuggler, Knight, Consular, or Trooper exit inside depending on which one you are.

http://i.imgur.com/Mez9T.jpg

Another way, of course, is to travel to your Stronghold, and then to wherever you want. If you don't have a Stronghold, get one as soon as you can. (Which is at some level, like 15, or w/e)

Yes, you need to be level 15 to buy a stronghold. But once you have a stronghold, any of your characters can tavel to it, even at level 1.

Have you done enough of the story (through coruscant) to get your personal ship? If not, then you have to take the shuttle to coruscant and finish your class story there in order to get your ship, at which point you can travel around a lil better.

There are actually 8 exits on the fleet, one in each of the 4 cardinal directions, and then 4 in the 4 secondary directions (cardinal being North, South, East, and West, and secondary being Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Northwest). In addition, to add to the confusion, the 4 cardinal direction exits that are for fps, coruscant, etc, are on the outer ring, whereas for the player ships are on the inner rings. So you'll want to take one of the inner ring exits to get back to your ship.

Here is a map that shows the exits. You'll want to take the Smuggler, Knight, Consular, or Trooper exit inside depending on which one you are.

http://i.imgur.com/Mez9T.jpg

Thanks for responding. I guess I'm at a different Republic Fleet. It's a group of 3 ships. You can take a taxi to each ship. Each of the three ships has multiple levels. Some have flashpoints, and some have missions, but I can't find any location that will allow me to get back to my ship and leave the 3 ships.

Go to the big round one. Think its Carrick Station on pub side? in the middle of it you'll find doors for each of the class's ship hanger. go down there, walk through into the phased area, go up the ramp of your ship and click on the door. go into the cockpit, click the map, pick the section of the galaxy ya need to go to, then select the planet and confirm you wanna travel there. then walk to your ship's exit and click to get out onto that planet or the orbital station and take shuttle down to the planet.

Thanks for responding. I guess I'm at a different Republic Fleet. .

When people refer to "the Fleet", they are usually, actually referring to "Carrick Station" which is the main, circular unit.

When you travel to "the fleet" by your spaceship, or the Emergency Fleet Travel Pass, or from your Stronghold, etc, Carrick Station is where you arrive.

The ship hangers are on the "outside" of the inner ring, as explained in an earlier post.

Edit - spellcheck :)

btw, the same thing applies to the Imperial Fleet, there is a main hub normally referred to as "The Fleet" (Vaiken Spacedock), plus there is the rest of the fleet.

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks for responding. I guess I'm at a different Republic Fleet. It's a group of 3 ships. You can take a taxi to each ship. Each of the three ships has multiple levels. Some have flashpoints, and some have missions, but I can't find any location that will allow me to get back to my ship and leave the 3 ships.

Technically, it's the same fleet. I know exactly where you are-- kind of-- because I got stuck there several times myself. I think I had to use the stronghold transport to get out, because I'd get lost on every last one of those awful ships. Three floors, and lifts that go nowhere, and not a single map note that tells you how to get back to the shuttle docking bay thingie.

Just checking-- do you have any Quick Transport points unlocked? I'm wondering if you can use it to get back to the main part of the fleet.

Which one are you on? I'll see if I can find you a map.

Note: OP is stuck on one of the flashpoint ships like the Telos and Gav Daragon.

When people refer to "the Fleet", they are usually, actually referring to "Garrick Station" which is the main, circular unit.

When you travel to "the fleet" by your spaceship, or the Emergency Fleet Travel Pass, or from your Stronghold, etc, Garrick Station is where you arrive.

The ship hangers are on the "outside" of the inner ring, as explained in an earlier post.

Carrick Station. With a C.

And yes, this is it. The OP can use a Quick Travel to get back there, and will be in that ring.

I'm assuming that if the OP just got to the fleet, they likely do not have their ship yet. What (purple) class mission are you on? If it's on Tython or Ord Mantell, then you'll need to take the west elevator from Carrick to the shuttles for those planets. If you're on Coruscant, then it's the south elevator. It should be highlighted in purple on your map, but that may be bugged.