Ops and multiplayer content news

americanaussie

I'm gonna wait for some confirmation on that - while it is certainly possible, it is also the sort of thing someone might say to troll the 'holding out hope for a new Op' crowd. (Not saying OP of this thread is the one potentially doing the trolling, but might be passing on someone else's prank.)

If it is legit, then that's pretty neat, but I'd be surprised it wasn't included on the expansion breakdown page.

I'm gonna wait for some confirmation on that - while it is certainly possible, it is also the sort of thing someone might say to troll the 'holding out hope for a new Op' crowd. (Not saying OP of this thread is the one potentially doing the trolling, but might be passing on someone else's prank.)

If it is legit, then that's pretty neat, but I'd be surprised it wasn't included on the expansion breakdown page.

well.....

The person who reported it was quite clear that they did NOT say they were going to offer any news on operations in January.

They only said that the team said, post-launch, maybe in January, they would start to "focus" on multi-player content, which includes 8-person content. Whatever that means.

Doesn't this follow how they handled the new PvP content for 4.0? It was released after the expansion hit. And I don't remember there being mention of it on the breakdown page for that expansion. I'm not a PvEer, but it would indeed suck for my PvE brethren if BioWare went two expansions without a new Operation. I think it would be good business practice if they released both new PvP and PvE content with every expansion.

well.....

The person who reported it was quite clear that they did NOT say they were going to offer any news on operations in January.

They only said that the team said, post-launch, maybe in January, they would start to "focus" on multi-player content, which includes 8-person content. Whatever that means.

Post launch...maybe in month x...would(as opposed to "going to")..."focus"...

Yeah, that means nothing in Diplomatic jargon I believe.

Relax folks. It sounds like 8 man ops and other content is to follow in January. Someone in the cantina posted that in a thread and I figured I'd make a post so it's not missed in the pages.

From this:

https://twitter.com/CristiPetrarca/status/784550394571743234

There just going to talk about it in January. We are not getting anything in January. Maybe early 2017 and thats a maybe.

Man thats a bit disappointing.

Edited by Quraswren

Even if an Op comes out in 2017, I can't foresee many raiders sticking around till then playing outdated level 65 operations and flashpoints. And even after, why bother coming back for it? It might take another 2 years before they release an Op after that. Edited by Radzkie

Relax folks. It sounds like 8 man ops and other content is to follow in January. Someone in the cantina posted that in a thread and I figured I'd make a post so it's not missed in the pages.

lol

The next inoffical announcement of an announcement... we are working on it, more details later. How long do they tell this **** now? How long will it work?

Let's face the facts. There will never be new group-stuff. Our guild leaves to wow... we were silly enough, to believe that announcement-**** for more than a year. What i regret most is... that we did not move earlier.

I suppose it makes sense to see how well the "Uprisings" are received before making a decision on what direction they want to go with things.

What i regret most is... that we did not move earlier.

Yeah, I find it silly that raiders stayed this long. I'm also a former SWTOR raider, but my entire guild moved on to FFXIV two-three years ago(whenever ARR launch was). We've been enjoying raiding fresh content every x months since, while SWTOR raiders have been strung a long with nothing but old recycled raids.

Edited by Radzkie

@Gravek Only that there are none coming with the Xpac. They might be putting some out in early 2017, livestream in Jan about it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL so the end of first qtr, or in 2nd qtr.

Wait for Jan for the announcement of the announcement!

Edited by Holocron

@Gravek Only that there are none coming with the Xpac. They might be putting some out in early 2017, livestream in Jan about it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL so the end of first qtr, or in 2nd qtr.

Wait for Jan for the announcement of the announcement!

Yeah far too little way to late, I gave them the whole of this expansion with no new ops they can go **** themselves if they think I am doing it again