Challenge levels

IanArgent

That's interesting. My very first thought is they're implementing something I've been saying they wouldn't do - variable difficulty level for story content.

If they are, well, good on them, and I'm glad to be wrong. I'm running my DvL Inquisitor through DK right now, and reminiscing upon one mission that I recall being rather tough in the pre-4.0 days. Admittedly, I was L40 or so, so the fact that I actually had to engage in combat with them was something, but dropping a single Force Storm on a group and moving on wasn't as satisfying as it could be. If they can let me up the difficulty, that's be nice. And if it works as seamlessly as Level Sycn did, it'll have been as major a back end change as LS was.

IF

What i'm really interested in with this, is whether it will be retroactive with previous content, or will it only affect the new content coming out. Really hoping that this will affect old content, as fighting my Sith Warrior all the way to the end of ch. 3, just to one shot Baras with my basic attack, was really disappointing.

The way it says "story chapter" instead of just story, or class quests, really makes me think that its just Kotfe/KotET. As they were released in chapter format. But I can hope.

Edited by JackJack

What i'm really interested in with this, is whether it will be retroactive with previous content, or will it only affect the new content coming out. Really hoping that this will affect old content, as fighting my Sith Warrior all the way to the end of ch. 3, just to one shot Baras with my basic attack, was really disappointing.

The way it says "story chapter" instead of just story, or class quests, really makes me think that its just Kotfe/KotET. As they were released in chapter format. But I can hope.

The old class stories were broken up into chapters 1, 2, and 3, as seen on your legacy Pane, Global Unlocks, $FACTION$ Classes.

I really hope that they will reinstate some form of challenge into 1-50. It's not like I care because I've 1 mandatory thing I need to do and 2 optional things, so that's smooth sailing right there. After that, well, after that I might very well be done with swtor. Ok, I've to finish Knights and update my class stories with post 50 material(Trooper = Ilum + RotHC, Consular = SoR, Knight = Ziost etc). Should be pretty straightforward.

That's interesting. My very first thought is they're implementing something I've been saying they wouldn't do - variable difficulty level for story content.

If they are, well, good on them.

IF

Agreed. I like the sound of this. Lets hope it is what you think it is. At least then it will suit more players play style.

I really hope that they will reinstate some form of challenge into 1-50.

I would be impressed if it turns out that "Challenge levels" apply to older content, and effectively allows the MMO player to select a "difficulty level" when playing any solo content in the game.

However, I suspect that it will only apply to the new 5.0 stuff.

I would be impressed if it turns out that "Challenge levels" apply to older content, and effectively allows the MMO player to select a "difficulty level" when playing any solo content in the game.

Well, Guild Wars 1 had a Hard Mode variant for pretty much anything.

In some ways, it might be easier for them to do it globally.