Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conversations = me getting ambushed? Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Conversations = me getting ambushed? Why?

Darth_Vampirius
12.26.2011 , 09:21 PM | #1
Without fail, every time I choose to fight mobs after a conversation, they get the jump on me. No bubble, no whirlwind, just me and my 20% gone health bar before the fight even begins. Why?
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

ReFlexionn
12.26.2011 , 09:40 PM | #2
ninja r a p ed
Baka ka omae wa?

HagenVonTronje
12.26.2011 , 09:53 PM | #3
Your buff timers do not run while in conversations. Pre-bubble yourself and your pet, make sure you're both at full health, and you'll be fine. After a certain level you can pretty much expect that nearly every major plot point will end with a boss battle.

As for how to deal with the bosses themselves, it's fine to stun them right off the bat to buy a few seconds, and use "weak" CCs on the adds (shock, overload especially if specced, will help you lock down adds). Burn the adds while keeping companion bubbled, then just deal with the boss as usual. It's this way for 90% of boss fights, a few require good timing with interrupts if you do them at low level but that's about it. Of note, if you open with stun you will usually have stun back off CD later in the fight when it's crucial so you get to use it twice.

Glasscutter
12.27.2011 , 09:09 AM | #4
I kinda wish they had force-recovering medpacs cause it takes so long to build force back up even with a 30% regen skill "subversion" lightning strike=10% x3=30% regen
Death is the ultimate fairness...
And if you should explode please feel free to come back and tell me all about it, everyone else has!