Weekly Reputation Cap - What Is The Point?

EuphoricAnguish

I don't know what BW's reason for it is. It's annoyed me sometimes and other times been a saving grace because it meant I had a preset point to stop at rather than burning myself out grinding rep.

The rep system is kind of messy though; the difficulty of grinding them out varies wildly. You have places like Rishi where you can get max rep really easily, just doing the story on a bunch of different characters. Then you have places like Section X, where doing every single daily (including the H4) and the weekly nets you less than 4k, and the ways to get rep are sparse overall, making the 12k limit feel like a grindy number to reach.

It is to make the content last a month not 3 days, been that way in the MMOs that have that type of system forever, otherwise the content vultures swoop and leave too fast

This is the primary reasoning.

That being said, because the reputation comes in the form of tokens, you can always stock up on tokens. So while you cannot gain anymore reputation you can still do the content that generates the tokens.

This is the primary reasoning.

That being said, because the reputation comes in the form of tokens, you can always stock up on tokens. So while you cannot gain anymore reputation you can still do the content that generates the tokens.

This. Lots of people use the tokens they stock up after reset to build rep. Nice for events really, where you only have a week to do the actual content.

Yeah it sucks, well what people do is stack up the tokens anyway. THey will be greyed out and cant be used but when next week hits and you have farmed enough you will just keep clicking and using the tokens to gain reputation for that week. Also try to get to like 11990 and then you the big once for 1500 rep!

This will get you over the limit it wont be lost if you use it. That way you can get max reputation in like 4 weeks i think, not sure how it is now, have done the most important grinds already long time ago.