Elaborate DvL question, last time and next time.

DarthShadie

Hey guys, not sure if this question has already been addressed or not. Feel free to link me the place if so.

Here's my questions: If I create a character during the Dark vs Light event, then the event ends. I already have the lvl 50 achievement, so I level that character to lvl 50, without finishing their class story. The NEXT time the event comes back, when I DO finish their class story, will it count in the achievements?

Also, crew skills, if I contonue levelling crew skills after the event, will that count when the event returns?

The next time the event comes, will any of the DvL characters created this time still count as DvL characters, or does it reset every time.

The Patch Notes say that last time the event was here, there were no achievements, but people who achieved certain tings on DvL characters got the achievements retroactively. Will that happen again?

THANK YOU for your answers XD

The Patch Notes say that last time the event was here, there were no achievements, but people who achieved certain tings on DvL characters got the achievements retroactively. Will that happen again?

I think you maybe misinterpreted the patch notes. This is the first time the event happened. Therefore no one could have had any achievements before. What is true is that no achievements were granted retroactively (for example, if you leveled a char to level 50 before, it would not count for the event; that is understandable since only newly started characters count for the event).

Right now, nobody knows if this event will occur again. To be honest, I hope so. I even think they should keep it running all the time. I mean, why not? It's something to do, at least.

I think you maybe misinterpreted the patch notes. This is the first time the event happened. Therefore no one could have had any achievements before. What is true is that no achievements were granted retroactively (for example, if you leveled a char to level 50 before, it would not count for the event; that is understandable since only newly started characters count for the event).

Right now, nobody knows if this event will occur again. To be honest, I hope so. I even think they should keep it running all the time. I mean, why not? It's something to do, at least.

It's possible I misread, yeah.

I do hope it returns. I only was able to get into it this past month, because...moving house :eek: Wasn't able to give the game as much time and affection as I would have liked. It could be like the Nightlife event too, it comes and then two years later it returns. The mods should let us know though if the event is due to return at some point or not. That may help determine which achievements I go for and which ones I don't. :)

I do hope it returns.

My best (least worst?) guess is that it won't return.

Well, that seems a bit negative. :eek:

What I mean is that we might have another similar event, but it, like this one, will be for *new* characters only.(1) It won't be a continuation of the current DvL event. It probably won't even be called "Dark versus Light".

Instead, I would expect that there will be a similar (or different in creative ways) event in the aftermath of KotET and leading up to whatever follows it. And, of course, it would be linked to content in KotET instead of KotFE.

(1) The obvious issues with having DvL2 be for DvL1 characters are:

* No DvL1 characters for players who are new to the game after DvL1 ends... (Mitigation: allow new DvL2-created characters as well as old DvL1-become-2 characters.)

* Many players created and deleted a bunch of DvL1 characters for the level-all-to-50 activity. Those players would be ... annoyed ... by such a thing.

My advice would be : To just do the event and see how far you come.

Me, for example, I won't be able to get the last tier / level of it, because I'm just not willing to level up all 8 classes, so to say.

Don't know about the tier / level before that. So, I'm just fine with that.

I personally believe that the "... and look how far you can come ..." approach is the least stressful one. ;)

My advice would be : To just do the event and see how far you come.

Me, for example, I won't be able to get the last tier / level of it, because I'm just not willing to level up all 8 classes, so to say.

Don't know about the tier / level before that. So, I'm just fine with that.

I personally believe that the "... and look how far you can come ..." approach is the least stressful one. ;)

I like your philosophy ;)

Yeah, I know I can get to lvl 50 before it ends. Will I get through Shadow of Revan and KotFE? That depends on whether it ends next week or truly runs until October 25th. Reddit says the 25th. Hopefully II'll get the attunement for lightsabers hehe

Level 50 is relatively easy to achieve nowadays. Just hop onto Alderaan, if you can, the Rakghul Plague is there right now, gives lots of experience points as well ... The Bounty Hunt Event also gives an fairly good number of experience points - especially for lower levels. Both are attainable in principle even with level 15 ... Haven't tried it out in a while with that level, though ... Edited by AlrikFassbauer