Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst Companion?

MadDutchman
09.14.2016 , 12:57 PM | #21
I understand the Skadge hate, but no Broonmark?

For me it would be Koth, Skadge and Broonmark.

Favourite is easily Vette.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

ZanyaCross
09.14.2016 , 01:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
I understand the Skadge hate, but no Broonmark?

For me it would be Koth, Skadge and Broonmark.

Favourite is easily Vette.
I've kinda grown to appreciate Broonmark a little bit since KotFE. Yes, he's a shallow, murderous psychopath, but he's also fiercely, fanatically loyal to the warrior (unlike that walking tumor Skadge), and deeply respectful of their strength (again, unlike Skadge). He's eight-feet of savage, murderous fury carrying a buster-sword and and the only thing preventing him from ripping you to chum is his master's order.

This is a character my light-side characters would never abide having around, but a servant like that, and the fear they can cause, is something any DS-leaning warrior should take absolute pride in.

((Even still, my mara gave Skadge every possible chance to live, if he'd just admit he was beaten and agree to serve (Black Sun might have been useful), but noooooo, moron just had to keep trash-talking the woman who almost single-handedly carved through him and an entire army of his goons. ))

BlazeTomahawk
09.14.2016 , 02:00 PM | #23
Skadge is definitely my least favorite. I can see his use to the Alliance, but to my BH as a solo act? Hell no .

Vik is a far second. I'd have never let that amoral SOB into an elite special forces squad. Might be a fine companion for the smuggler or BH, but not the trooper.

Then there's Broonmark. It's like the developers suddenly realized they forgot to add a melee tank for the SW and didn't have a budget left for a voice actor.

Limariko
09.14.2016 , 02:55 PM | #24
While with some companions I've been pretty set with whether I like them or not, others as I've gone through their assorted dialogs ended up shifting around. Case in point, I used to think Corso was the absolute worst companion, then I saw Skadge.

So, here's where all the companions fall on the love/hate axis.

Favorites: Quinn, Andronikos, Talos, T7, Blizz.

Like: Kira, LS Jaesa, Doc, Vik, Jorgan, Elara, Bowdaar, Risha, Akaavi, Guss, Lokin, Mako, Torian, Gault, Khem, Vette, Theron

Meh: All the Consular companions, M1-4x, Yunn, Raina, SCORPIO, Ashara, Xalek, Pierce, Koth, Lana

Dislike: Rusk, Corso, Kaliyo, Vector, Broonmark

Loathe: Skadge

Nope, just nope: DS Jaesa

With my favorites and likes, I felt they just really clicked well with my characters or their personalities just really reminded me in a good way of people I know. I pretty much figure I'm one of the few rarities who adores Quinn even with what happens in the Warrior storyline, and I still wish that Talos was a romanceable instead of a one shot flirt option.

The Meh ones just really didn't leave an impression with me for either being too one note or really not given much development to really get into them and while they didn't click with me, I also didn't dislike them to where I'm willing to publicly post how much I can't stand them. Skadge is just the bottom of the barrel and DS Jaesa I just can't bring myself to do even as a "just to see how the writing goes". I've seen enough on youtube that she's just a nope-noope-noooping on out of here.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

myrdinn
09.14.2016 , 03:13 PM | #25
Skadge. And Quinn. On any given day I go back and forth on which I want dead more.

Love? Nadia, Zoom.

Consternation about? Senya, Koth, Doc, Theran.

Ounoun
09.14.2016 , 03:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Danniann View Post
Hey, I was just curious and I asked my friends the same thing, what is everyone's least favorite companion? Whether that be their storyline, their personality, or just even the way the look. Who is your least favorite companion? For the record mine is Skadge from the Bounty Hunter crew, I hated that guy so much XD. Also feel free to leave your FAVORITE companion if you feel like it, mine is Vette.
I really hope that we can kill Skadge in the next Storyline.
Zwei Kanibalen fressen einen Clown. Meint der eine Kanibale: "Hm, der schmeckt aber komisch".

myrdinn
09.14.2016 , 03:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ounoun View Post
I really hope that we can kill Skadge in the next Storyline.
Spoiler

Something my BH enjoyed.

JediAkemi
09.14.2016 , 04:51 PM | #28
I just wish we could kill him without having to suffer through KotFE.

I should probably post my feelings about the sharing companions too... later.

Tamyn
09.14.2016 , 06:17 PM | #29
I don't like any companions that speak with a canned growl loop for every line. I don't care what you have to say if you don't even speak a real language. Treek is an exception.

I don't like the companions with annoying voices like Mako, Jaesa, Holiday, Ashara, or Doc.
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
This is Bioware, where fashion goes to die.

Rolodome
09.14.2016 , 07:18 PM | #30
Favorite: Vette > DS Jaesa / Mako

Worst: Corso > Tanno Vik / Quinn > Skadge / Jorgan

I think the running theme for me is, if a companion has strong opinions, but ultimately defers to me, since I'm the actual fragging sentient being in the equation, I like them. If they get all pissy because I don't do exactly what they want, I get annoyed.

Also, I just don't like Quinn's face. Or his voice. I can't stand the prim and proper shtick. I want to stick some jeans on him and make him live in the woods for a few days. See how he feels about imperial procedure then. I dislike Elara for the same reason, but she's more bearable because of her history. Come to think of it, I don't hate the Trooper companions, but I'm not sure there's a single one that I'd go so far as to say I like. Yuun is a breath of fresh, albeit weird air among a bunch of stodgy soldiers and M1-4X is amusing, if nothing else, but most of them are republic fanatics and the only one who isn't goes completely in the opposite direction and is just a mercenary for hire, basically.

What can I say, I don't like fanatical patriotism.