Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HARD] The Foundry - Revan bugged?

Auilt
01.07.2012 , 11:27 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by powerph View Post
we've been trying to do him right now, We manage to survive the first tick of Force Lightning but it has happened 3 times now that he goes immune at 4/5 % but he just keeps attacking us and kill us =/
This is a known issue. Your problem is you are pushing him to the end of the fight while he is force storming. When he hits 6%, wait until the end of a force storm and then push him and kill him. At 5% he will go immune and end the fight instead of attacking you while immune.

Poirot
01.08.2012 , 02:03 AM | #42
We had a strange experience with the force lightning, it was literally 1 shotting everyone on the group on the first tick without any damage indicator, hell the animation wouldn't even play and the target would be eating dirt. No red numbers, no nothing, just face planting. And yes that was through Tanking CDs AND Sorc Bubbles.

It would almost be comical if it wasn't such a massive waste of time doing the instance only to have this happen. Please hotfix.

Sardris
01.08.2012 , 04:07 AM | #43
The one shot "channel" happens about 5 seconds after Revan is raising one "glowing" hand ... this happens around 30% of his hp - after he channels his pbaoe. 2-3 seconds after the "raised hand indiator" i used my Force shroud to ignore the damage the channel does until you kick it. Most of the time he only used it once - but if you're not fast enough he's able to use the channel more often prior to his " meteor phase "

I apologize for any spelling/grammar mistakes cause i'm tired and going to bed now ... hope it helps - night

Magthere
01.08.2012 , 07:15 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
I was a powertech tank and soaked the first tick. Ended up with like 20-25% hp left.

But for goodness sake, fix the damn encounter. You're not supposed to have 20k hp to be able to complete the encounter Bioware.
You know this how? Hard modes are supposed to be hard. You aren't suppose to be able to jump into them right after hitting 50 and rock them. Otherwise they wouldn't have normal lvl 50 instances. So in all likely hood yes the tank is suppose to have 20k health and 2 minute enrage timers on Boarding Party are perfectly acceptable. The only bug I've seen on this encounter that I would actually call a bug is the <10% immunity bug where he doesn't quit fighting. Quit the QQ.
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

Hessen
01.08.2012 , 07:27 AM | #45
Having to gear up from hard modes to be able to do hard modes is a bit silly.
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

Samvan
01.08.2012 , 07:34 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Magthere View Post
You know this how? Hard modes are supposed to be hard. You aren't suppose to be able to jump into them right after hitting 50 and rock them. Otherwise they wouldn't have normal lvl 50 instances. So in all likely hood yes the tank is suppose to have 20k health and 2 minute enrage timers on Boarding Party are perfectly acceptable. The only bug I've seen on this encounter that I would actually call a bug is the <10% immunity bug where he doesn't quit fighting. Quit the QQ.
lmfao, don't know if trolling or just completely incompetent.

Eavus
01.08.2012 , 02:05 PM | #47
Cleared this yesterday. Popped CDs for first lightning, lived thorugh it. Got to falling rock phase, died second lightning in fact 3 out of 4 died but our last dps was able to get him to the 4% to end the fight.

Stormbreed
01.08.2012 , 03:40 PM | #48
Cleared it without to much trouble, grouped up for the force lightning and burned him down.

Magthere
01.08.2012 , 05:56 PM | #49
There are multiple sources of gear pre-hard modes. You have 116 gear from Corellia Commendations as well as 126 armor/mod/enhancements from the dailies. We've done the hard modes with me geared out in 126 armor from daily commendations, my two DPS wearing corellia gear and the smattering of 126 stuff they had from the 1 day of dailies they did and a healer wearing a mix of 106 and 116 gear. They're challenging enough to be fun at this point and don't require a ton of gearing up, but there are plenty of sources of gear outside of the hard modes themselves that isn't PVP gear.

As for you people having trouble with the immunity bug, it appears to work well for us to not push him below 10% while he channeling an ability. Just get him close and wait of him to finish throwing rocks at you and then push him below 10%.

Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
lmfao, don't know if trolling or just completely incompetent.
Ignorant would be a much more fitting insult in this situation. Incompetent would imply I was incapable of doing something, where as if you stated I was ignorant it would better state that my information was false because I lacked the necessary knowledge to understand the material being discussed.
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

tehdonno
01.08.2012 , 08:24 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdain View Post
Our powetech survives the first tick with 80% hp remaining. The first chain lightning is completely predictable. You don't need to have 20k hp, you just need to pop 25% damage reduction (and static barrier if you have a sorc).

I'm not saying that this encounter is well designed; The chain lightning damage absolutely should be adjusted. However, even with the current damage it's a simple fight, just annoying.

I survive it (sometimes) with 30% hp, sometimes it just oneshots. That is with energy shield (25% red.) and static barrier, and me waiting to instantly interrupt (aka he kills me on one tick). 19,3k hp fully buffed.

However, yes, I mostly survived it. Not sure how other people are supposed to survive it though, since he does it on random target after the first one.

That aside, the second bug where he goes immune is doing me in. Tried everything, stopping before 10%, stopping before 5%, nuking through before force storm is casted.. nothing helps.