Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I dont like how you need spec healing spec to do healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I dont like how you need spec healing spec to do healing

xnoxiousx
12.26.2011 , 07:50 PM | #1
If you spec healing you can still do decent dmg and solo so why cant dps get some heals.

Say you want do flash point cant find healer? There should be at least 1 or 2 heals even just for the class in general not spec so if healer goes afk or you cant find one its still doble to do hard flashpoints and quests.

impulsegod
12.26.2011 , 07:53 PM | #2
That defeats the point of having a healing spec at all. If you could heal and still be a dps specced class why in the world would you need a healing specced healer?

xnoxiousx
12.26.2011 , 07:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by impulsegod View Post
That defeats the point of having a healing spec at all. If you could heal and still be a dps specced class why in the world would you need a healing specced healer?
Then why can healers dps?

If you go by that logic tanks and healers should do no dmg and just heal and tank.

Just like dps only dps.

SaltyAdmiral
12.26.2011 , 08:22 PM | #4
Please tell me you are not serious? Just think it through a couple of times and you will understand.

If healers where supposed to have no damage at all, they could not do a single quest solo, the whole game would be ruined for those classes. However, a DPS class can easily do most of the content in the game solo, without any healing at all.

Conclusion: A healer MUST have dps to function. While a DPS must not have heal to function.

In return, they have less dmg than you. Yes they have. You might argue that you should have heal too, at the cost of some dmg, but then again wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of diffrent classes/specs?

Sun-Runner
12.26.2011 , 08:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xnoxiousx View Post
Then why can healers dps?

If you go by that logic tanks and healers should do no dmg and just heal and tank.

Just like dps only dps.
Sure. Sounds like a plan. And we'll reduce your DPS accordingly. Which class do you play so that we know which one to nerf?

AlchemistLocke
12.26.2011 , 08:54 PM | #6
Think of it this way...

Healers have to have a way to fend the nasty beings of the Galaxy off themselves...

DPS on the other hand, well, they already have that way of fending...

So, In Theory, what you are suggesting is either:

1. Healers get ONLY healing moves and cannot do any damage, making it impossible for them to solo...

or

2. DPS get healing moves, entirely removing the need for Healers, making many features very boring in this game...

Your pick...

hopefulhotaru
12.26.2011 , 09:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlchemistLocke View Post
2. DPS get healing moves, entirely removing the need for Healers, making many features very boring in this game...

Your pick...
Have you ever played any other mmo ever? Are you telling me that giving hybrids access to healing moves in a dps spec, makes healing specs obsolete? Sorry, that's garbage.

AlchemistLocke
12.26.2011 , 09:26 PM | #8
If you were a healer, and your job is to heal your team, like any healer should have as a job, you would find it quite harder to find a team if a DPS could do your job and still do the massive amounts of damage other DPS could...

I am not against self-heals however, as that is fairly useful, but as long as a spec isn't totally making another obselete...

stayonboard
12.26.2011 , 09:48 PM | #9
Is this post for real?

I mean that very seriously - when I first opened it I thought it was a troll/LOL post but then I read it and it looks serious. But.. it can't be serious, I mean, right??

If trolled, 8/10 for good work.

anwg
12.26.2011 , 09:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xnoxiousx View Post
If you spec healing you can still do decent dmg and solo so why cant dps get some heals.
What are commando/mercenary, scoundrel/operative, sage/sorcerer then?