Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why aren't Galactic trade centers linked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why aren't Galactic trade centers linked?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dustfinder
01.06.2012 , 12:19 AM | #31
where on Nar Shadda is it please?

Vereg
01.06.2012 , 12:23 AM | #32
Solution: Place a Hutt Trade Network terminal somewhere out of the way on each fleet.

some shady little twi-lek with a dirty looking protocol droid and a trench coat, near the hangar decks by some rusty leaking pipework...

"you want new eye? i sell you x-ray eye!"

"This says Z-ray..."

"Is two better than x!"
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ(●)Corvus[◉]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

Dustfinder
01.06.2012 , 12:25 AM | #33
lol bumped this in hopes someone knows where this galactic trade kiosk is on nar shadda. Anyone know?

Kashaan
01.06.2012 , 12:29 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MystikJedi View Post
Glad to know this. Now i know where to sell my red crystals and dark alignment gear as a Republic player....

The reason I was baffled as to why people didn't know there was a cross-faction GTN is because it's quite obvious you can make gear for a faction you don't belong to. I got a schematic as a Republic player that can only be used by Sith Warriors... I wouldn't have been able to get that schematic if I couldn't sell the gear to Sith.
Pro-Addon, but also Pro-regulation. Working to keep addons that do more harm than good out of the game.

dtim
01.13.2012 , 01:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereg View Post
Solution: Place a Hutt Trade Network terminal somewhere out of the way on each fleet.
This would be nice.

@Dustfinder: It's at the southern end of the lower level of the Promenade. From what I remember.

GeorgZoeller
01.13.2012 , 01:53 PM | #36 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The GTN in Nar Shaddaa is linked between factions, but not with the one on the Fleet. This allows you to sell various items of interest for the opposite faction such as companion gifts, weapon and armor schematics and some other items that can only be found by one or the other faction (as well as take advantage of faction based price deviations and commodity shortages).

Datku
01.13.2012 , 01:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrosia View Post
They are not, Nar Shada isn't linked with the Imperial Fleet

Because Nar Shada is shared between Imperial and Republic sort of like the neutral AH in WoW. There are some consumables and crafting drops that either side gets before the other...if you can figure out which ones you can make a killing on the Nar Shada GTN as well as a place to sell those jedi only drops etc that you can get from boxes instead of listing them for over inflated prices hoping someone stupid enough buys it before they realize they can't use it.

Dekallo
01.13.2012 , 02:52 PM | #38
Do people actually use the Nar Shaddaa GTN?

Why not link them all so those faction-specific ones can be bought by the appropriate people and so prices will be the same between factions. On my server there is a 3:1 Imperial to Republic ratio and so as a consequence everything on the Imperial GTN is half the price as the same item on the Imperial GTN...

MithrilSoul
01.13.2012 , 03:12 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
The GTN in Nar Shaddaa is linked between factions, but not with the one on the Fleet. This allows you to sell various items of interest for the opposite faction such as companion gifts, weapon and armor schematics and some other items that can only be found by one or the other faction (as well as take advantage of faction based price deviations and commodity shortages).
The only problem with this is...nobody uses it, Georg.

If the Nar Shadda GTN is not linked to both the Republic and Imperial fleet GTN's, it serves no meaningful purpose. I happen to have an alt questing on Nar Shadda currently and in general chat people are asking things like, "Why is there virtually nothing listed on the GTN? I thought this was linked to both the Republic and Imperial GTN's?" Then I had to explain to them that, no, it isn't linked to anything...yes both Republic and Imperial ppl on THIS planet can list on it...but it isn't connected to anything listed on any other planet.

Nar Shadda is a smallish, lowbie-level planet where people which people are on for maybe 4-5 levels. I'd be shocked if the average player spends more than ~ 6 hours of gaming time on the planet total on any given character. My experience in the game so far is that nobody who is currently questing on any other planet in the SWTOR universe is going to interrupt what they are doing and take 20 minutes out and load through a half dozen loading screens just to get from whatever planet they are on to Nar Shadda to use the linked-to-nothing-else-in-SWTOR Nar Shadda GTN's, on the offchance that some random soul from the opposite faction MIGHT have gone through all the hassle to do the same thing.

It's kinda a neat idea, in theory. In practice, it is a pretty miserable failure. Maybe if you put in some way to instant travel from wherver you currently are TO Nar Shadda, list your items, and then instantly travel back (and I mean instantly, not using your space ship and zoning through all kinds of zone screens etc) then it might work out. Short of that, it really serves no purpose.
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect

funkie
01.13.2012 , 03:13 PM | #40
I guess it all makes sense....and I can handle having to go to a Hutt planet to sell to the opposing faction. The funny thing is, I had no clue about this. I saw an auction terminal and used it - it sure would be nice if Bioware made the player aware that the terminals in NS aren't linked to the Republic but are neutral. Maybe I'm not that observant - which could easily be the case. But if I'm missing that little piece of information, I can guarantee I'm not the only one.