Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any way to turn off auto-holster / sheathing of weapon after each fight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Any way to turn off auto-holster / sheathing of weapon after each fight?

Hathur
08.17.2016 , 02:39 PM | #1
I want the game to stop holstering my weapon / sheathing my weapon after every single fight.. it looks distracting when I'm running from fight to fight every 4 or 5 seconds and my character keeps putting her rifle away, then draws it again 2 seconds later for the next fight just a few feet away. I know the game auto draws your weapon when you attack, but it's just extremely annoying that my weapon gets put away after every single fight.

I tried using the the Z key to draw my weapon, and that works.. if I'm not fighting.. but the moment I finish a fight, she puts her weapon away again IMMEDIATELY, often before the last dead character even hits the ground, it is quite jarring to watch it happen maybe a hundred times in a single gaming session.

Is there no way to stop my character from putting her weapon away after each fight? I can't seem to find a toggle for this, a lot of other MMOs have this option but I can't find it here

psandak
08.17.2016 , 03:08 PM | #2
It's funny I have the opposite issue: I'm annoyed when the game bugs and refuses to put my weapon away.

But to answer your question, I do not think there is a setting that changes this holstering effect.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Metatrix
12.30.2017 , 05:12 PM | #3
I would totally support the existence of such an option.

Vercundus
01.03.2018 , 02:24 AM | #4
Yes, there is a way. Find it in keybinds, not sure where exactly though, but there is an option to set keybind for drawing/holstering weapon out of combat.

Big_Marser
01.03.2018 , 03:42 AM | #5
In german client, it's "Y" key per default, so on english keyboard it would be "Z".
active @ Tulak Hord

JediQuaker
01.04.2018 , 10:47 AM | #6
I have noticed that, as long as you keep moving from one group of mods to the next, your weapon remains drawn. If you stop, it gets holstered. This seems to be a more recent change.

Adric_the_Red
01.04.2018 , 08:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
Yes, there is a way. Find it in keybinds, not sure where exactly though, but there is an option to set keybind for drawing/holstering weapon out of combat.
That will manually draw or holster/sheathe your weapon, but will not do what the OP wants.

When combat ends your character puts away his/her weapon, and hitting Z will draw it again, yes. But the OP doesn't want to do this every time combat ends. They want to prevent their character from putting away the weapon, and have it stay out all the time, by default. There is no game setting to do this.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Yorioko
01.12.2018 , 06:53 AM | #8
Z button