Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is hard mode Krel Thak (third boss of Battle of Ilum) way overtuned?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is hard mode Krel Thak (third boss of Battle of Ilum) way overtuned?

NoDebateReborn
12.31.2011 , 12:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
I don't mind difficulty. What's weird is that the boss seems unreasonably more difficult than every other boss in the flashpoint.
Have you tried Boarding Party yet?

Star Wars Galaxies Veteran Badge
Jun 26th 2003 - Nov 15th, 2005
Ostiott Oseum'Tah - Wanderhomie For Life

NoDebateReborn
12.31.2011 , 12:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdain View Post
The only instance I don't know about is Directive 7.
Hard Mode Directive 7's end-boss is flat-out broken. Similar to how Malgus sometimes bugs and turns invincible and yet un-"puntable" the final boss cannot be killed as, the shielding that makes him invulnerable never breaks, despite doing all the other content in the boss fight. Beyond that, Directive 7 is fairly easy. The "Bulwark" Droid has a hard-enrage timer of 3:20. The rest of the bosses are boringly easy on Hard Mode.

Star Wars Galaxies Veteran Badge
Jun 26th 2003 - Nov 15th, 2005
Ostiott Oseum'Tah - Wanderhomie For Life

malevs
12.31.2011 , 12:45 AM | #23
Heroic battle of ilum is easy, one shot every boss. Don't get any loot from last boss tho.

phlowbies
12.31.2011 , 12:45 AM | #24
How is boarding party THAT difficult for people? The only thing that sucks is the bug chest.

Pretty sure this is what you need damage meters for.

Elwynta
12.31.2011 , 02:11 AM | #25
Mentor is not broken. He's probably the easiest fight in that instance if your group knows not to stand in the red target circles and run away from the claw. All you have to to is click on the pylons after each "wave" of adds to get rid of his shield.

malevs
12.31.2011 , 05:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Elwynta View Post
Mentor is not broken. He's probably the easiest fight in that instance if your group knows not to stand in the red target circles and run away from the claw. All you have to to is click on the pylons after each "wave" of adds to get rid of his shield.
No he's bugged, we destroyed all pylons and his shield just stayed on.

TPBHatchet
12.31.2011 , 06:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Elwynta View Post
Mentor isn't broken in the sense that hes too difficult, hes broken in that he is easily bugged out, and unable to finish due to his shield not turning off after destroying all the cores.

Bulwark is pretty easy too, you don't even have to worry about the enrage timer really, once it pops, the tank just needs to LOS him, and everybody is free to burn him down and the repair droids as they spawn, as he locks aggro on the tank when he goes into enrage. GG.
Earthmonkey - Hedarr Soongh - Guardian
Bloob - The Fatman - Powertech

How To: Making Bro-Tastic PvP Videos

Lord_Itharius
12.31.2011 , 10:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by phlowbies View Post
How is boarding party THAT difficult for people? The only thing that sucks is the bug chest.

Pretty sure this is what you need damage meters for.
Last boss is impossible without a very well geared healer, or by bugging the fight by dragging the mobs outside commander's aoe range. Every other boss can be easily 1-shot by a group in all questing gear. That's why.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Amaristo
01.01.2012 , 05:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaristo View Post
I pulled the boss, drug him into the middle of the room and two seconds later all of these spawn.

I'm sure not all of you are getting these bugs, but my group seems to be hitting them all. http://i.imgur.com/yXOg9.jpg (btw, I only got half the group in that screenshot - there were more that had already gone past my screen.
Tried it again today, we killed it in a couple of attempts with the same people. It didn't seem buggy this time around, so I'm wondering if it was just that particular instance.

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 06:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Itharius View Post
Last boss is impossible without a very well geared healer, or by bugging the fight by dragging the mobs outside commander's aoe range. Every other boss can be easily 1-shot by a group in all questing gear. That's why.
No. Our healer had maybe three days worth of PVP gear, had 0 trouble with the boss. Ranged spread out over his AE heal, and just nuked everything. No one moved once.