Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is hard mode Krel Thak (third boss of Battle of Ilum) way overtuned?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is hard mode Krel Thak (third boss of Battle of Ilum) way overtuned?

GeLopez
12.26.2011 , 07:26 PM | #1
He seems to be randomly changing targets and two-shotting them, even when the tank has aggro. The only way to avoid it is by outranging the attack, but sometimes it's not even possible to outrange before the boss kills the target.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

Masteve
12.26.2011 , 07:48 PM | #2
Its not bugged.... try harder )

GeLopez
12.26.2011 , 08:21 PM | #3
I never said it was bugged. I said it's overtuned.

Ecclesiarch
12.26.2011 , 08:38 PM | #4
Yes, it is seriously overtuned. If you interrupt his Shield ... thingy (1.5 Sec cast, first time after he spawns his first addwave) he does not reset aggro. But the pressure on Tank and Healer are immense to say the least.

Enjoy your hours of trying.

- Ecc
Unmedicated Superiority
More Serverfirsts than the Devs
Info | Site | Apply

GeLopez
12.26.2011 , 10:28 PM | #5
We were interrupting it but it seemed like we should have planned some sort of chain interrupt, because the interrupt only delayed the cast for four seconds. (For reference, this is different than WOW or Rift, where a boss will try a major ability and give up for 12 seconds or so if he gets interrupted.)

I don't mind difficulty. What's weird is that the boss seems unreasonably more difficult than every other boss in the flashpoint.

Lewt
12.26.2011 , 11:39 PM | #6
I did this one today, wiped a good 10-15 tries.

The major problem we had was adds and enrage timer, if we spend too much time on the adds we would hit the enrage timer.

We ended up killing him with a rotation of cc-breakers (pvptrinket) and big aoe spells(death from above), to get rid of the adds as quickly as possible.

Our MT was our only interuppter.

chamillion
12.26.2011 , 11:42 PM | #7
It's not that bad. You need to pull him outside that room and have a good AoE'er take out the adds. Give them some room. Have all other players get off the boss when he puts up the shield. It's cake after that.

AriasImmortal
12.27.2011 , 12:21 AM | #8
no u suck lopez

swpoop
12.27.2011 , 12:44 AM | #9
Not bugged. Well tuned fight. Pushes you to the limit which is why they are called hard mode.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ Θ

GeLopez
12.27.2011 , 01:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by swpoop View Post
Not bugged. Well tuned fight. Pushes you to the limit which is why they are called hard mode.
Except it's the only fight in the instance that does that. It's just bad pacing, so it's probably overtuned.