Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Torian Cadera Conversation Issue Update XVI

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Torian Cadera Conversation Issue Update XVI

Cayoimeah
08.12.2016 , 03:26 AM | #1
I realize there are other threads about this, but this is a confirmation of the issue pertaining to Chapter XVI.

So, yes, I have written here ad nauseam about the missing Torian conversation on my Mandalorian Bounty Hunter. I can now officially confirm that the conversation is bugged. This conversation does NOT trigger.

I had considered perhaps they had removed it for some reason or another--but something happened and my Mando BH did NOT get the "Didn't I promise to teach you Mando'a" conversation, which makes the new conversation make little to no sense at all as far as in-game content.

In the newest conversation I have with Torian the following dialogue takes place:

Torian: "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."

BH: "Today is a good day for someone else to die"

Torian: "You remember our lessons."

BH: "Don't look so surprised, you were a good teacher."

Clearly, the game has the conversation in it, as I don't think they would have wasted time with a NEW conversation about an OLD conversation they had removed.

So...either the game believes I received the conversation where he taught me to speak Mando'a and is clearly referencing that conversation which I never received, or your developers created a new conversation that references one that is no longer in the game. Which is it?

Cedia
08.12.2016 , 12:09 PM | #2
Thank you!

*bangs pots and pans* Please fix Torian's conversations already!
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

Cedia
09.06.2016 , 12:52 PM | #3
Has anyone done any testing recently with Torian's conversations? Is it time to place yet another bug report?

The last time I took a female Mandalorian through was right after 4.0 launched.

I never received the "Ways of the Warrior" conversation, and I received shooting lessons instead of Mando'a lessons.

Honestly, I'd really like to play through again someday...
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

americanaussie
09.07.2016 , 03:12 AM | #4
Aww his conversations are bugged? Dang. I just made another BH just for him

Cedia
09.07.2016 , 08:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
Aww his conversations are bugged? Dang. I just made another BH just for him
Maybe test it for us? Honestly, I was thinking about making a throwaway and skipping all the movies to get to the crucial point just to see if it was just me.

But there have been many posts on this issue and BioWare has not acknowledged the bug, so I'm guessing it's just not a priority, sadly. Maybe after they fix these DvL bugs they can get to it.

americanaussie
09.07.2016 , 10:37 PM | #6
I'll let you know when I get there. I made another post and someone mentioned that it's being accepted as a Mandalorian doesn't trigger the right flag for female BH. So, I'll give it a go. You'll hear from me if it's not a success heh. Torian has to be the sweetest and I lost all of my old vids of his conversations. Hopefully it's not bugged still...but yeah...so many bugs.

americanaussie
09.10.2016 , 08:44 AM | #7
Ok, just became Mandalorian. I made sure to choose every conversation option that I was Mando. So in following conversations, it showed and accepted that I was a Mandalorian, including the one on the ship where you have the option to tell Gault that you're Mandalorian. If I remember correctly, that's the flag that doesn't get marked on the female BH? I believe I had her say it in 3 different convos that she was Mandalorian. So, I'll try to speed my way through the romance/class quests as fast as possible to see if I get the language lessons and whatnot.

Cedia
09.10.2016 , 03:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
Ok, just became Mandalorian. I made sure to choose every conversation option that I was Mando. So in following conversations, it showed and accepted that I was a Mandalorian, including the one on the ship where you have the option to tell Gault that you're Mandalorian. If I remember correctly, that's the flag that doesn't get marked on the female BH? I believe I had her say it in 3 different convos that she was Mandalorian. So, I'll try to speed my way through the romance/class quests as fast as possible to see if I get the language lessons and whatnot.
Thanks for the update! I'm glad the other Mando flags are working properly, it is the romance ones that we are still concerned about.

Cayoimeah
09.10.2016 , 03:31 PM | #9
I am anxiously awaiting your responses!!!! EEP! If it is fixed I will be making a new BH immediately just to get my missing conversations recorded! haha

I do agree, it's got to be some kind of trigger related to the Mandalorian side of things, but everything else, including NPC's and such ALL referred to me as "Mandalorian" in conversations and things, but I still didn't get the right fade to black scene.

americanaussie
09.11.2016 , 07:46 AM | #10
Sorry to keep you in suspense! Just reached Belsavis and so far, so good. Of course, I've been shouting out to the world (or anyone who even asks how I am) I'm Mandalorian, to make sure that flag sticks I just watched a non mando youtube video published 11 mo ago and my cut scenes are not going that way. Latest cutscene was Torian asking me if I ever had Mandalorian food at my adoption - and that he'd make me a dish of Tiingilar later, which is not what he says to non mandos. 9 more levels to 50 to make sure there isn't a glitch. I'll try to do this (hopefully tomorrow) before any patches just in case it's similar to the suspected Lana ch 9 bug that removes flags on patch day.