What is a Legacy Bank?

ReddNekk

It could be one of two things

1) Legacy Bank- aka Legacy Cargo Hold: This is like your cargo hold for character, but usable to place unbound or bound to legacy items in a storage accessible to any character on either faction of that legacy. They are located in Strongholds/guild ships only

2) Legacy Bank - Legacy credit storage. This does not exist in game, but has been requested for quite some time. In essence, much like the legacy cargo hold ,but for credits. This would allow any character to access from the credit pool of all characters in the legacy

I heard about this but found nothing about it on SWTOR Wiki. Can someone please tell me about it?

It's a personal storage locker that can be accessed by all your characters in your legacy (in other words, all the characters on the same server). It's used to transfer items between your alts and such instead of having to mail them.

Or, if you only have one character, it's an extra storage locker. You get one when you do the Stronghold Intro quest :)

Thanks folks! :)

How do I get this Stronghold intro quest?

Either on Fleet or on your capitol planet (Coruscant or Dromund Kaas). It's a big holographic statue that goes into an "advertising" cutscene which I, personally, find funny. Then it directs you to purchase a Stronghold (which you don't have to do if you already own one, you just have to go to it and take a few steps and the mission will complete).

Also note that upon completion you'll get some decos, but you'll ALSO receive three in-game mails giving you more. I can't remember which set of rewards gives you the Legacy Storage bank, but you DO get it.

Another note is that you can complete this quest with every character you have and they'll all get the rewards. So you CAN end up with dozens of Legacy banks. You can only use one though. It's not like you can have 5 out and have 5 separate storage containers to fill.

Thanks folks! :)

How do I get this Stronghold intro quest?

You need to be level 15 minimum for the hologram on fleet or capital world to be clickable. Then travel to one of your strongholds (if you don't have one, buy one, duh), then move 3 feet inside your stronghold and voilà!

You'll get more gifts via in-game mail after half an hour or so.

I'd recommend using a xp boost as the quest gives around 25 000 xp, becoming +- 33k!

Also note that upon completion you'll get some decos, but you'll ALSO receive three in-game mails giving you more. I can't remember which set of rewards gives you the Legacy Storage bank, but you DO get it.

It comes immediately as you move an inch inside your stronghold (with the lvl 15 quest of course). Along with rugs, lamps, couches... what comes in the later mails is vendors - Felusia and the three droids - and a universal prefab 1, and faction flags.

Another note is that you can complete this quest with every character you have and they'll all get the rewards. So you CAN end up with dozens of Legacy banks. You can only use one though. It's not like you can have 5 out and have 5 separate storage containers to fill.

I'll clarify for our friend : you can place as many legacy banks as you have, however they'll always have the same contents. Same with cargo hold. If you board a friend's ship and you open the cargo hold you won't see his secret stash in there but yours ;)

Edited by BenduKundalini

Legacy Bank- aka Legacy Cargo Hold: This is like your cargo hold for character, but usable to place unbound or bound to legacy items in a storage accessible to any character on either faction of that legacy. They are located in Strongholds/guild ships only

A few patches ago they actually added a legacy perk to buy one for every class ship in your legacy, just like the perks for guild bank, training dummies, GTN, etc. that you can get on your ships.

Granted, the stronghold (or guild ship) is more accessible and convenient anyway since you can jump straight there from almost anywhere and then jump straight back to where you came from. There's the priority transport character perk that you can buy for a character to be able to jump straight to their class ship from almost anywhere, but you can't return back to where you had been from there.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho