Ancient Threat permanent spawned prevents Talos Drellik alliance alert

Rygho

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
The Ancient Threat is permanently spawned preventing one from accessing the altar needed to complete the Talos Drellik alliance alert Fighting Power With Knowledge. It's up in all instances.

The team is aware of the issue and are aiming for a fix in 4.7.1. I will pass on additional information as I have it.

-eric

And in addition to being incredibly, agonizingly deadly, it's also only supposed to show up after a player goes through a long and arduous ceremony involving the ghosts haunting Yavin 4, to be able to correctly summon and even damage the damned thing.

At first I thought that someone had just summoned the bastard and left it to its own devices, but it's nice to be wrong sometimes.

I only can add that besides the long detection distance (stealth doesn't help at all), Ancient Threat literally devours the FPS: it drops from typical 60 to 1-2, which makes a character virtually non-controllable. I doubt that I would be able to fight this monster with such FPS even in a full 24-persons group. I didn't have the same problem anywhere else in SWTOR. Please fix this bug!

The team is aware of the issue and are aiming for a fix in 4.7.1. I will pass on additional information as I have it.

-eric

You guys will fix this in a heartbeat but still won't fix the instance bug in Operations that has been out for months, smfh.

I submitted an in game ticket like most of us probably did as well, and at least its not just me....yes truly misery loves company.

That being said, The ONLY question I have at this point is what genius thought it was a good idea to put these two spawns, the one for the little known, rarely fought Yavin 4 worldboss and the spawn point for a totally unrelated mission so darn close to one another?....just saying "Working as Intended" huh?

With these bugs BW / EA should be ashamed of what they are putting out, New content is good as long as you don't break the stuff you've already have out, and at the same time charging more for cartel packs and delivering less per pack! Didn't think people would notice the increase to 6300 Cartel Coins for the hypercrate but we did so you lowered the number of packs to try and get back to what we were used to paying for a Hypercrate. This is pure junk and insulting to your customer/player base. Much more of this kind of behavior and it wont matter if its Star Wars or not, people will leave your game in favor of a company that isn't so blatantly cheap and mistreating of its players.

Edited by Samwyse
Had incorrect information

Same thing on Red Eclipse, was trying to complete Talos Drelik reqruitment quest, but I cannot collect the final parts, cause I get stunned, killed and fps-dropped by the ancient threat....exrtremely annoying. Hope a fix is on the way...