Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Limit on craft missions ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Limit on craft missions ?

JaggedOne
12.26.2011 , 06:54 PM | #1
I got my ship today, and along with it, that obnoxious crafting droid. I was sitting around watching TV, so I just started sending them both out on missions over and over. After a good while, the "Send Companion" box turned grey for both companions. I'm guessing that means there is a daily limit on the number of total missions you can run, and am looking for someone to confirm that and provide details, or point me to documentation. I didn't count how many missions I ran, since I was not expecting to hit a limit.
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later !!

AngelousWang
12.26.2011 , 07:04 PM | #2
Never heard of a mission daily limit, but I know of 4 things that can stop companions from being assigned new missions (grey out name on tab).

1. They are already on missions.

2. They are crafting, you cannot send them on missions and crafting they can only do one at a time (each companion that is).

3. You have too many pending mission/quest rewards (you should see this in the top right had corner of your screen), you need to except the rewards/mission completes.

4. Your inventory and cargo hold are full, you cannot send companions on missions if you have no room to except the rewards to begin with.
CE VIP

JaggedOne
12.26.2011 , 07:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Never heard of a mission daily limit, but I know of 4 things that can stop companions from being assigned new missions (grey out name on tab).

1. They are already on missions.

2. They are crafting, you cannot send them on missions and crafting they can only do one at a time (each companion that is).

3. You have too many pending mission/quest rewards (you should see this in the top right had corner of your screen), you need to except the rewards/mission completes.

4. Your inventory and cargo hold are full, you cannot send companions on missions if you have no room to except the rewards to begin with.
Thank you for your informative reply. Alas, none of them apply to me. I am on Taris with my fighter companion...the droid on the ship. Neither my pack or my vault is even close to full, and I have no pending mission. There is no crafting being done.

I even swapped companions and summoned the droid to me on Taris, but the "Send Companion" tab at the bottom of the Slicing missions was grey for both of them, and remains so at this time.

Thanks again!!

Aeos
12.26.2011 , 08:57 PM | #4
Did you try switching to a previous crafting level range? I do believe sometimes that when you move into a higher level range, sometimes it runs out of available missions and you may still have some green or yellow from the previous range that you can do for a boost.

JaggedOne
12.26.2011 , 09:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeos View Post
Did you try switching to a previous crafting level range? I do believe sometimes that when you move into a higher level range, sometimes it runs out of available missions and you may still have some green or yellow from the previous range that you can do for a boost.

Thank you for your reply, and the excellent thought it contained. However, the "Send Companion" tab is greyed out for all level ranges - 10-16, 17-24, and 25-32 - for both companions...I just double-checked it.

This is forming up into a very interesting mystery....

Sanduval
12.26.2011 , 09:04 PM | #6
You are not out of cash right?

Sanduval
12.26.2011 , 09:42 PM | #7

JaggedOne
12.26.2011 , 10:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanduval View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanduval View Post
Nope and nope - have tons. And thanks for a great idea...

Silmaryn
12.26.2011 , 10:27 PM | #9
I assume you mean the Title of the mission has grey text? This is because you have outleveled the mission (i.e. you can no longer gain skill points from it). You should still be able to do the mission, you just won't get any skillups.

hammarus
12.26.2011 , 10:34 PM | #10
none are available for that tier, try the lower one or wait some time.