Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Long term subs not eligible for free level 60 character at the 5-year promo ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Long term subs not eligible for free level 60 character at the 5-year promo ?

Kheeleb
08.08.2016 , 12:25 PM | #1
Hi all,

I'd like to know if I'm not eligible to receive the free level 60 character in the new 5-year anniversary promotion http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light/pack when I have a long term sub and already received a free level 60 character at KotFE start ?

In the promo it's stated that the offer is limited to 1 free level 60 character per account, but it's not clear if that is valid for all free level 60 chars ever or only those received through the 5-year anni promo pack.

TIA
Kheeleb

lightSaberAddiCt
08.08.2016 , 12:51 PM | #2
The way they seem to have a particular disdain for long term subs, probably not.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Erevan_Kindelar
08.08.2016 , 12:58 PM | #3
That "one free level 60 per account" is all-encompassing, so if you were a sub at the time of KotFE being released you do not get another one as part of this promo.
I am certain that someone from Bioware commented as such in a forum thread, and I think it was probably Eric Musco, but I cannot find the thread with the forum search or Google. Then again, it may have been another Bioware employee covering the topic in a live stream, but given their tendency to gloss over or ignore unpopular news in those streams, I kind of doubt that it was mentioned there... Eric Musco seems to be the guy who delivers the bad news around here, and everyone else is part of a legion of positivity.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Andryah
08.08.2016 , 01:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheeleb View Post
Hi all,

I'd like to know if I'm not eligible to receive the free level 60 character in the new 5-year anniversary promotion http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light/pack when I have a long term sub and already received a free level 60 character at KotFE start ?

In the promo it's stated that the offer is limited to 1 free level 60 character per account, but it's not clear if that is valid for all free level 60 chars ever or only those received through the 5-year anni promo pack.

TIA
Kheeleb
You are falling for the marketing speak here. It's a promotional package offered coincident to DvL and leading in to the upcoming release of 5.0. In other words... it's not a perk package per se, it's a marketing promotion.

A promotional package designed to entice a preferred or free player to effectively sub for KoTFE. In other words, for paying a fee, they get a package of incentives to come in as a sub for at least one month.

I'm nor sure if you can one time apply this particular promotion to your account or not, or if it would indeed grant a second @60. Sometimes you can apply a package like this to your account one time, sometimes not.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Kheeleb
08.08.2016 , 01:36 PM | #5
Ok, thanks @all