Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Necros

Greezt
08.07.2016 , 01:56 PM | #1
Lately I've seen some highly intelligent individuals raising threads from years ago. On many forums (today it was these and the shadow ones).

Here is my question - what is their motive? They must be incredibly smart, and I would learn from them if I could. Before you answer "trolling", consider this: only the original troll is considered smart. The others are just cheap mimics. So it can't be that, can it?

You might say they wanted to comment on a thread of the same subject. If that is the case, they are indeed smart to dig through four years of threads just to find the one that fits their theme the best. In the words of Brontes, " I am... Impressed".

Please share your thoughts on this subject. Who knows - maybe one day, in five years, this thread will be necroed as well...

TheKilltech
08.07.2016 , 02:05 PM | #2
sometimes people just use the 'search' function for something only old topics exist and read stuff that they strongly agree/disagree with such that they are urged to respond.

often it's just trolling. sometimes with an agenda - some people find an old and removed feature a good idea.

and sometimes it's just boredom. i mean why not confuse people for fun?

AFacelessOne
08.07.2016 , 02:24 PM | #3
I don't mind them...ist maybe because I'am Gen-X and can understand that you millenials only got the attention span of a fruit fly...
There is a million and one things I can think of to say about the SW:ToR Dev's...
But the absolute worst thing that I can think of to say...
...is that you're the SW:ToR Dev's and that's that.

How you doin?

Greezt
08.07.2016 , 02:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AFacelessOne View Post
I don't mind them...ist maybe because I'am Gen-X and can understand that you millenials only got the attention span of a fruit fly...
Well, things change. These days we have short attention spans, back in the day grammar was optional.

AFacelessOne
08.07.2016 , 02:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
Well, things change. These days we have short attention spans, back in the day grammar was optional.
Non native speaker... So i "like" you too.
There is a million and one things I can think of to say about the SW:ToR Dev's...
But the absolute worst thing that I can think of to say...
...is that you're the SW:ToR Dev's and that's that.

How you doin?

Erevan_Kindelar
08.07.2016 , 02:36 PM | #6
That would be a LOBOTOMIZED fruit fly.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Greezt
08.07.2016 , 02:40 PM | #7
Non native speaker... So i "like" you too.
Dammit. This means your earlier point was totally valid... Oh man.

KyaniteD
08.07.2016 , 02:54 PM | #8
Nothing wrong with necro if it's on topic and adding something beyond "QFT" or "bump".

Forum mods also stated that it's all right as long as it's constructive and on topic.

Sometimes there's a desire to add own thoughts to an old topic and necro an old thread to put it into context.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
______Crafting_____ ______Trading___ ___
All original level 1-50 custom sets & full cartel sets. (JC only.)

merovejec
08.07.2016 , 03:18 PM | #9
lol y is that a bad thing? if the topic is the same y make new and new threads?
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

AFKGCWBOT
08.07.2016 , 03:19 PM | #10
Trolls tell people to stop making threads because there are dozens of threads about the same topic.
Trolls complain when people post in one of dozens of threads and tell them to make a new thread.