Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber?

LordMordeth
08.07.2016 , 09:43 AM | #1
Does this thing drop from the DvL packs we get as rewards for completing the event tiers?

Curious to know, as if it does, then surely someone here has gotten one and can confirm it, since be a shame to bind the one i have and then get a copy from the freebie chests this coming tuesday that'd be absolutely useless.

Cos hey, we can get white crystals from the DvL event crates, along with some other ultra rare loot, so maybe these sabers are in the mix too?

(or is it just the Unstable one?)

Theeko
08.07.2016 , 09:50 AM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/blog/dark-vs.-l...d-rewards-blog

Best I can find out what they have in them, yes you can get volatile and others, mostly just sith and jedi stuff

LordMordeth
08.07.2016 , 09:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
http://www.swtor.com/blog/dark-vs.-l...d-rewards-blog

Best I can find out what they have in them, yes you can get volatile and others, mostly just sith and jedi stuff
God and dammit.

Well there goes my plans to slap the hilt on my new Knight, at least it's only few days now, then can see what junk i get and proceed with le Knightly gameplay.

EDIT:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Theeko
08.07.2016 , 10:04 AM | #4
Yeah they're going to change the packs next week btw, to some other UI form that you can claim items on diff characters after you open the packs instead sucks for us that already opened the first 3 tiers and bound to that character that cant even use them.

LordMordeth
08.07.2016 , 11:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
Yeah they're going to change the packs next week btw, to some other UI form that you can claim items on diff characters after you open the packs instead sucks for us that already opened the first 3 tiers and bound to that character that cant even use them.
Yeah.

Never been lucky enough to get anything desirable from packs of any kind, so it is unlikely i will get the one thing (well, two things really since i would looove a pure white crystal as well) i am after.

At least i can consolidate the junk on tuesday, incase there's anything worth a damn in the mix, i mean.

Andryah
08.07.2016 , 11:55 AM | #6
Back in the day, they were fairly common and reasonably priced on the GTN.

My point? For all us old timers on SWTOR (and your forum ID number = old timer) if you are in to CM weapons and armor... ALWAYS buy up a copy early after it releases, of any item that interests you, and store it for future use. If later you decide you do not need/want it... you can always sell it at current market prices, for a nice profit.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Yorioko
08.07.2016 , 02:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMordeth View Post
Does this thing drop from the DvL packs we get as rewards for completing the event tiers?

Curious to know, as if it does, then surely someone here has gotten one and can confirm it, since be a shame to bind the one i have and then get a copy from the freebie chests this coming tuesday that'd be absolutely useless.

Cos hey, we can get white crystals from the DvL event crates, along with some other ultra rare loot, so maybe these sabers are in the mix too?

(or is it just the Unstable one?)
Most likely you get it from a chance cube, as it came in older cartel packs.
They can be sold here and there and with a high, but not too high price

LordMordeth
08.07.2016 , 03:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Back in the day, they were fairly common and reasonably priced on the GTN.

My point? For all us old timers on SWTOR (and your forum ID number = old timer) if you are in to CM weapons and armor... ALWAYS buy up a copy early after it releases, of any item that interests you, and store it for future use. If later you decide you do not need/want it... you can always sell it at current market prices, for a nice profit.
Ha, yeah, i used to have eyes for color crystals only, so was being stupid and told myself that despite the nice effects, those hilts looked awful and thus would be nothing i'd ever use.

Fast forward to now and boy am i kicking myself, cos in addition to these hilts, missed few other bits and pieces (mostly armor sets, few weapons) that i could've gotten really cheap but now have to pay multi millions for.

Lesson learned though, i stock up everything now, crystals, armor, mounts, weapons, hell i even buy up neat sounding titles and pets.

-BlackDragon-
08.07.2016 , 03:47 PM | #9
Yes, I got both the double bladed and regular lightsaber from the packs you get from the event. I was so happy! I got the double bladed from the first tier and the regular one from the third tier. I felt so lucky. I got them on all my toons now xD
Recovering alt-oholic that likes pvp and bacon.
Maximum Decimator / Predator Jugg

LordMordeth
08.07.2016 , 04:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -BlackDragon- View Post
Yes, I got both the double bladed and regular lightsaber from the packs you get from the event. I was so happy! I got the double bladed from the first tier and the regular one from the third tier. I felt so lucky. I got them on all my toons now xD
Lucky you.

So far gotten nothing but crap and i even made 3 extra throwaway chars on random servers i leveled to 25 for couple of extra boxes.

So i'm hoping for the nice things but someone else always gets them.