Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow this makes me really sad :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Wow this makes me really sad :(

Thoronmir
08.05.2016 , 11:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
They should be able to restore the character, I'd call her Miss Hollie, with three snaps and all y'all.
Yeah, like I said, the advent of spaces in names opens up new options to replicate the name.

The first thing ... and I mean the very first thing after the OP reads this post ... should be making an alt to hold whatever name she decides to give Hollie. I'd hate for some troll to see your suggestion and make a "Miss Hollie" just to, you know, act like a troll.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

ikinai
08.05.2016 , 11:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoronmir View Post
Yeah, like I said, the advent of spaces in names opens up new options to replicate the name.

The first thing ... and I mean the very first thing after the OP reads this post ... should be making an alt to hold whatever name she decides to give Hollie. I'd hate for some troll to see your suggestion and make a "Miss Hollie" just to, you know, act like a troll.
Indeed, if I were near my terminal and could log in to the game I'd reserve it and offer it up for free if needed
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Thoronmir
08.05.2016 , 11:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Indeed, if I were near my terminal and could log in to the game I'd reserve it and offer it up for free if needed
As would I.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

Eleonora
08.05.2016 , 11:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
I'm just curious did you have a security authorization key thingy? Like the app on your phone or the physical key generator?
As I noted in another post, yes, they managed to somehow separate it from the account.

Andryah
08.05.2016 , 12:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
From what I can tell after the fact: Somehow they managed to force my account to use another email address, unhooked my security key, logged in and charged hundreds of dollars worth of cartel coins. Probably sent out some spam emails while they were at it I'm sure.

I have no idea how it happened, no idea how they managed it. Clearly I had a security breach somewhere, I'm personally blaming yahoo, since I believe most of that could be traced back to a compromised email account. Again though, never EVER share my passwords and all my secret questions are lies! (LOL)

So no, I don't know.
Sorry to hear you were hacked. It does happen in SWOTR, but not like it does on many other MMOs. There is plenty of security protocols available to users to prevent this with SWTOR.

From your description above, and given your network was secure, they probably either phished you or hacked your email and then entered from there. That does happen to be one of the easiest ways to dismantle an SWTOR account. But even then, they would have had to have your secret questions (assuming you used no security key) as well.

Phishing is probably the most popular approach, and while some attempts are pretty lame, others come across looking valid on first blush.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Andryah
08.05.2016 , 12:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
As I noted in another post, yes, they managed to somehow separate it from the account.
Then they entered via your email account. In order to remove a security key, you have to trigger, accept, and use a one time password, which is only sent to the email address of record on the account.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

AltAddicted
08.05.2016 , 12:22 PM | #27
{snip}

SerraShar
08.05.2016 , 12:35 PM | #28
Beside the usual don't share and don't tell your pass and personal Infos . One more things I would add : Is to clean up your browser and pc more often . As well , after every transaction you make online . Do not use the ''Save this password'' and ''Stay connected Online'' .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Ahrngrim
08.05.2016 , 12:54 PM | #29
For the Missing Character, you won't brother them if you asking them to restore it, pleas do so the support is really trying its best to help and in your case, I think they would be very happy to help.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQgzk7
Find Help at EA ANSWERS HQ English
Finde Hilfe unter EA Answer HQ Deutsch

Suplax
08.05.2016 , 02:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Real stand-up guy here.
Thank your but you're opinion is irrelevant to me