Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow this makes me really sad :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Wow this makes me really sad :(

Wintermist
08.05.2016 , 05:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Suplax View Post
How can you be hacked in this game by the way ?
You know, this might be why it's called hacking. If they hacked their way in... they're getting around all that.
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Soljin
08.05.2016 , 06:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Suplax View Post
So... you lost millions of creds and a lot of time because your account was banned... and you're sad because the name was taken ? *facepalm*

How can you be hacked in this game by the way ?
First there is your login and password that ONLY you should know.
Second there is the app with your security key which is bound to your phone and account.
And Third , every time i try yo log into another computer or log in / out many times the game sends me a e-mail with a code to activate the game again.

The only way I can think of someone getting hacked is being dumb (like letting your account logged) or using credit spammers.
Honestly most account hacks have nothing to do with any type of brute force break in..... It's a Con job.

It's likely they contacted the Email provider CS or SWToR phone CS and talked someone into giving them access....or both.

Reason I say those two in particular is because they were able to remove the security key feature......

It is usually a human breaking protocol that leads to your account being hacked if it is not your own error.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

josephxp
08.05.2016 , 07:50 AM | #13
No security key?

So that's what happened to Hollie I miss her in pvp

-Tachyon
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

Thoronmir
08.05.2016 , 07:59 AM | #14
I actually would dread losing a cherished name over any material asset in my MMOs. Like the OP said, credits and such can be replaced. Even with using special characters, it's never really the same. Though, you might try giving Hollie a surname and make use of the new space feature (OP has been gone long enough that she may not know about that). So, make your new gal "Hollie Smith" (or whatever).

Another option is to reach out to the new Hollie and ask for the name back. That may require providing them with a free rename token. But you're on Ebon Hawk (as am I), and most players are willing to be helpful. I have crafting alts and, if a player contacted me to acquire one of their names, I'd probably go along with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

josephxp
08.05.2016 , 10:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoronmir View Post
I actually would dread losing a cherished name over any material asset in my MMOs. Like the OP said, credits and such can be replaced. Even with using special characters, it's never really the same. Though, you might try giving Hollie as surname and make use of the new space feature (OP has been gone long enough that she may not know about that). So, make your new gal, Hollie Smith (or whatever).

Another option is to reach out to the new Hollie and ask for the name back. That may require providing them with a free rename token. But you're on Ebon Hawk (as am I), and most players are willing to be helpful. I have crafting alts and, if a player contacted me to acquire on their names, I'd probably go along with it.
Yup Ebon Hawk is the south of SWTOR, we are all friendly folks, and have nice hospitality, but if you mess with us or someone we are friends with we just point to the shotgun over the fireplace mantel.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

ClaytonL
08.05.2016 , 10:12 AM | #16
hackers have no soul ...

i feel sorry for you, but never... NEVER ever save your credit card information on any website,NEVER. i am happy you got reimbursed and hope you will get your character back !
You want free 7 days of subscription time and a bundle of goods?
Free server transfer? Some unlocks?

Feel free to use my Referral link and claim your reward now! Rewards

Jamagh
08.05.2016 , 10:47 AM | #17
I know how you feel. My account was hacked back in september of 2015. Lost everything they could vendor. Then they deleted all my characters. I got them restored, but the items were not. It has taken me almost a year to get some of the characters geared up again. I just lost interest in playing the game though.

Since I did not play much before, after the hack it has become a chore to even log on. I have friends, and any Corellian League members that se this, you know who I am, I think you guys. I really should start playing more.

JourrnoRush
08.05.2016 , 10:50 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
I feel like venting, so, sorry I guess.

Back in March my account got hacked and a couple hundred dollars worth of cartel coins was bought with my card (which didn't even have the money so I got hit hard with charges).

BioWare banned my account as a result. I got reimbursed but didn't get unbanned until a few days ago.

Like many of you, I have a whole lot of characters and some of them I don't play much anymore unless I need to craft something.

So just now I was looking for my smuggler because she's my money farming character... and after going back and forth a few times, I realize she is gone. Deleted. She had maxed biochem and several million credits (which I'm sure the hackers relieved me of first) and was very special to me.

I'm really unhappy, and I don't even know if I want to reroll her or not. This is just sad.

EDIT: And now her name is taken too, so whoever got "Hollie" on Ebon Hawk, GG I guess.

Why are hackers such a-holes?
I'm just curious did you have a security authorization key thingy? Like the app on your phone or the physical key generator?
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

ikinai
08.05.2016 , 10:52 AM | #19
They should be able to restore the character, I'd call her Miss Hollie, with three snaps and all y'all.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

TUXs
08.05.2016 , 10:58 AM | #20
That does suck...I think you should contact Bioware and see if they can restore her...the previous suggestion with using funny characters is a great way to get close to the name you want.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)