Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow this makes me really sad :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Wow this makes me really sad :(

Eleonora
08.05.2016 , 02:30 AM | #1
I feel like venting, so, sorry I guess.

Back in March my account got hacked and a couple hundred dollars worth of cartel coins was bought with my card (which didn't even have the money so I got hit hard with charges).

BioWare banned my account as a result. I got reimbursed but didn't get unbanned until a few days ago.

Like many of you, I have a whole lot of characters and some of them I don't play much anymore unless I need to craft something.

So just now I was looking for my smuggler because she's my money farming character... and after going back and forth a few times, I realize she is gone. Deleted. She had maxed biochem and several million credits (which I'm sure the hackers relieved me of first) and was very special to me.

I'm really unhappy, and I don't even know if I want to reroll her or not. This is just sad.

EDIT: And now her name is taken too, so whoever got "Hollie" on Ebon Hawk, GG I guess.

Why are hackers such a-holes?

MajorMacMillan
08.05.2016 , 02:52 AM | #2
Restore char thru CS, what's a problem?

Eleonora
08.05.2016 , 03:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorMacMillan View Post
Restore char thru CS, what's a problem?
It's been 5 months, wouldn't it be gone?

MajorMacMillan
08.05.2016 , 03:09 AM | #4
I got one of my charachters restord a year later after deletion. Be aware though taht inventory it is not always possible to restore inventory to 100% since inventory logs got deleted a lot sooner that a character itself.

Eleonora
08.05.2016 , 03:15 AM | #5
Yeah I dunno if I want to bother, I think I'm more unhappy about losing the name than anything else. Everything else can be regained, but losing the name just really stings.

Limariko
08.05.2016 , 03:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
It's been 5 months, wouldn't it be gone?
It's still worth it to ask customer service to see what they can do because as cliche as it sounds, you won't know until you ask.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

Suplax
08.05.2016 , 03:37 AM | #7

Back in March my account got hacked and a couple hundred dollars worth of cartel coins was bought with my card (which didn't even have the money so I got hit hard with charges).

BioWare banned my account as a result. I got reimbursed but didn't get unbanned until a few days ago.

Like many of you, I have a whole lot of characters and some of them I don't play much anymore unless I need to craft something.

So just now I was looking for my smuggler because she's my money farming character... and after going back and forth a few times, I realize she is gone. Deleted. She had maxed biochem and several million credits (which I'm sure the hackers relieved me of first) and was very special to me.

I'm really unhappy, and I don't even know if I want to reroll her or not. This is just sad.

EDIT: And now her name is taken too, so whoever got "Hollie" on Ebon Hawk, GG I guess.

So... you lost millions of creds and a lot of time because your account was banned... and you're sad because the name was taken ? *facepalm*

How can you be hacked in this game by the way ?
First there is your login and password that ONLY you should know.
Second there is the app with your security key which is bound to your phone and account.
And Third , every time i try yo log into another computer or log in / out many times the game sends me a e-mail with a code to activate the game again.

The only way I can think of someone getting hacked is being dumb (like letting your account logged) or using credit spammers.

Eleonora
08.05.2016 , 04:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Suplax View Post
So... you lost millions of creds and a lot of time because your account was banned... and you're sad because the name was taken ? *facepalm*

Second there is the app with your security key which is bound to your phone and account.
And Third , every time i try yo log into another computer or log in / out many times the game sends me a e-mail with a code to activate the game again.

The only way I can think of someone getting hacked is being dumb (like letting your account logged) or using credit spammers.
Yes, I am bummed about the name because it is the only thing irreplaceable. Creds and such suck to lose but they can be replaced.

As for the rest, I wish I knew, I am a very careful internet person. In fact, I don't even use my real name online and don't use facebook because I'm so thoroughly paranoid. My internet security is high. I never share passwords with anyone, even the people I'm closest with.

From what I can tell after the fact: Somehow they managed to force my account to use another email address, unhooked my security key, logged in and charged hundreds of dollars worth of cartel coins. Probably sent out some spam emails while they were at it I'm sure.

I have no idea how it happened, no idea how they managed it. Clearly I had a security breach somewhere, I'm personally blaming yahoo, since I believe most of that could be traced back to a compromised email account. Again though, never EVER share my passwords and all my secret questions are lies! (LOL)

So no, I don't know.

Nieyko
08.05.2016 , 04:35 AM | #9

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know how you feel about special letters in your name, but if you really want to make "Hollie" again, you could try these:

= alt 147
= alt 0248
= alt 161
= alt 141
= alt 651

It won't be exactly the same, but it'll be pretty close. Hope that helps.

DarkSaberMaster
08.05.2016 , 04:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Suplax View Post

Real stand-up guy here.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger