Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Got A Few Questions About The DvL Event..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Got A Few Questions About The DvL Event..

Berronaxftw
08.01.2016 , 07:21 PM | #1
Sorry if these have been asked before.

1). am I too late to start this event? how long does it take to fully complete it? time to play is rather tight for me right now due to other obligations i'll be able to play like an hour or 2 a day until September, at which point i'll be able to go hardmode and no-life it for ages.

2). Can I complete this on another server, then transfer to my main server? if I do this will all the things I've earned transfer with me and become legacy-wide, the companions and such?

I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and yeah this servers activity is.. abysmal, so completing the event here will be impossible, so I was planning to move to a bigger server, start a character there, complete the event and then transfer that character to my main server to apply the rewards to my main legacy, can I do this or would I lose the rewards if I transferred?

3). Can I unlock both sides of this event? like do a full light-side character, then do a full dark-side character to get both companions and other rewards? or can I only have 1 side?

4). Is there major lore spoilers? I've only done to chapter 10 in the KOTFE story so far, and I'm really ocd when it comes to completing it on my main char first, should I do that before starting my DvL character?

Thank you in advance, and once again sorry if this has already been asked.

MACharlieV
08.01.2016 , 07:57 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Sorry if these have been asked before.

1). am I too late to start this event? how long does it take to fully complete it? time to play is rather tight for me right now due to other obligations i'll be able to play like an hour or 2 a day until September, at which point i'll be able to go hardmode and no-life it for ages.

2). Can I complete this on another server, then transfer to my main server? if I do this will all the things I've earned transfer with me and become legacy-wide, the companions and such?

I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and yeah this servers activity is.. abysmal, so completing the event here will be impossible, so I was planning to move to a bigger server, start a character there, complete the event and then transfer that character to my main server to apply the rewards to my main legacy, can I do this or would I lose the rewards if I transferred?

3). Can I unlock both sides of this event? like do a full light-side character, then do a full dark-side character to get both companions and other rewards? or can I only have 1 side?

4). Is there major lore spoilers? I've only done to chapter 10 in the KOTFE story so far, and I'm really ocd when it comes to completing it on my main char first, should I do that before starting my DvL character?

Thank you in advance, and once again sorry if this has already been asked.
1. You can now. It'll take time to FULLY do it since you'll have to level 8 classes to 50 plus master all the crafting crew skills. It varies. For me, it's taken about 3 weeks to just do two 65s but I'm not playing that crazy and have other toons I'm playing with. Chances are that you, like most sane people, will only be able to do up to the Eternity Level rather then Legacy. (You'll get th companion from the Champion level tho)

2. I'm not familiar with transfer rules. I was fortunate to choose Ebon Hawk as my home.

3. The character unlocked is determined by EVERYONES choices. We'll find out which at the end of the event. But everyone will get the single same companion.

4. Considering that you have to complete all of KOTFE to get the companion (final chapter is released next week) I'd recommend finishing your other toon first before starting chapter 10 on the DvL character.

Dbohrius
08.01.2016 , 07:59 PM | #3
1) You can start right away. The event runs until late october, só you have plenty of time.

2) Yes. But note that all item rewards (packs, armor pieces) are given one time only. If you reach level 25 and transfer, any new DvL characters you make will not gain more packs Upon reaching level 25. If you take all rewards with you when you transfer back, you'll be good, though.

3) That's not how the event works. The light or dark companion will be decided based on all alignment choices of all players across all servers. Everyone will get the same companion.

4) That's really up to you, I think.
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

Theeko
08.01.2016 , 08:10 PM | #4
Its very doable even before Ch16 comes out if you worked on it since day 1, I haven't even worked on it every day since it started and i'm done with everything besides Ch16, and 4 50s

leofilka
08.01.2016 , 08:12 PM | #5
1. not too late if want to do it up to eternal level, i think you can complete it in a month or until event end on fall. you can read the guide here
2. yes you can complete it on another server. companion, mount, pet reward are account wide, but Dark vs Light Packs are bound on pickup on the toon you play for the event.
3. you can only get 1 companion type for all swtor players, but you can play dark side or light side as you like.
4. you need complete all kotfe chapter on event toon.
Free Nice Goodies for new player, previous sub or subscriber click here

Berronaxftw
08.01.2016 , 08:27 PM | #6
Ah.. thanks for the info.

I had planned to just rush through and skip most things with a character I'd later delete after merging the rewards to my main legacy, as I really care about my character's story when I make a proper one, but if the packs are a one-time-only thing I guess I can't do that?

Are the armour rewards not legacy-wide? are the packs on the CM the same, or are the DvL quest reward ones completely unique?

Would really make it easier for me if you can get the stuff from the DvL packs from the CM packs ;p

JediAkemi
08.01.2016 , 08:38 PM | #7
The DvL packs from the event are "Force-Bound" meaning you can never sell the contents to another player or move them around your Legacy (and because the armour sets have been split in three, you're best off completing every tier on the same character). Also, they have no Jawa Scrap, and don't always drop a companion gift.

The Cartel Market ones are much better, because you can sell the contents (after the usual 36 hour delay), get two random items instead of one, always get a companion gift, and get some Jawa Scrap... but you have to throw more money at the game.

Berronaxftw
08.01.2016 , 08:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
The DvL packs from the event are "Force-Bound" meaning you can never sell the contents to another player or move them around your Legacy (and because the armour sets have been split in three, you're best off completing every tier on the same character). Also, they have no Jawa Scrap, and don't always drop a companion gift.

The Cartel Market ones are much better, because you can sell the contents (after the usual 36 hour delay), get two random items instead of one, always get a companion gift, and get some Jawa Scrap... but you have to throw more money at the game.
Ah okay, they're basically the same rewards just with different restrictions?

leofilka
08.01.2016 , 09:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Ah okay, they're basically the same rewards just with different restrictions?
they are basically the same reward and can be combined with the CM ones, and can be unlocked in collection, as collections is account wide. the different is the pack from event reward are bound on pickup.
Free Nice Goodies for new player, previous sub or subscriber click here

StupidWiz
08.01.2016 , 09:58 PM | #10
Eternal tier is not really difficult to achieve, Legendary tier however...
Currently active on Satele Shan server: Alenheim (Shadow)

... All I see is sky... for forever...