Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The drama of decorating your stronghold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
The drama of decorating your stronghold

DirtyDiggler's Avatar


DirtyDiggler
07.25.2016 , 02:10 PM | #1
Likely the hardest problem i have with decorating my stronghold is i'm a sucker for new decorations. So many times I feel like i have to have 1 of everything yet so many of the decorations are just utter crap and ugly.

What do you guys do in decorating and collecting? Do you only do themes and rooms? Do you mis-match?

How do you approach light vs darkside items, do you have one stronghold for light toons and one for darkside?
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

HeatRacer's Avatar


HeatRacer
07.25.2016 , 02:50 PM | #2
I'm a deco-fiend, so I usually purchasing one of every new deco that comes out, whether I use it or not. And if it's one I like, I will usually purchase at least one for every SH.

With the open space and large hooks of Tatt, I made that a "gallery" stronghold, where I put my commemorative statues, wall trophies, Eternal Championship holos, wall paintings, etc. in.

For Coruscant, DK, and Nar, I made those into places I'd actually live in. So I have one master bedroom. Another is a combination guest room/barracks and game room. One is a "relic room" that has all the mystical stuff like holocrons, lightsaber forges, etc. I also dedicate one room/area to being an armory, and have a garage with all my favorite mounts and some workbenches.

I don't really theme a place after light or dark. Though for the relic room, I often dedicate one side of that room for more dark-side oriented objects, and the the other side for light/neutral objects.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

EHKodiak's Avatar


EHKodiak
07.26.2016 , 12:51 AM | #3
Also a decoration fiend, I buy one of everything that comes out, and I usually stock up on "cheap" decorations to give to other people who decorate their stronghold as a gift when I visit their nicely laid out places.

A lot of the decorations are hard to find a use for though, I generally find it's best to give a theme to certain areas of your strongholds, such as a trophy room, an armory, a bar, a casino, a garage etc

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
07.27.2016 , 09:24 AM | #4
I try to get one of everything that comes out. It's good for my stronghold prestige.

I bought all the affordable Labels for my strongholds. I picked my favorite five and based my stronghold themes around these. I created characters with names that enhance the titles. For example, I have "Drifter's Marketplace Cantina" and "Hondo Ohnaka's Pirate Roost".

Due to the types of decorations most commonly available, I find these room themes easiest to build --
* Sith or Jedi training room or temple.
* Medical bay or research lab.
* Computer or robotics engineering room.
* Casino, nightclub, and/or bar.
* Pilot's hangout.
* Military barracks or personal quarters.
* Weapons testing lab.
* Vehicle garage or showroom.
* Garden or greenhouse.
* Military or combat training room.

I've seen some lovely museums and art galleries done by people who bought the Arncellean masterpieces and reached max reputation with Makeb. I have also seen a great rakghoul containment facility from someone who obviously spent a lot of time on that event. My favorite has been a bounty hunter's room, but these days it's next to impossible to come up with a bunch of holding cells. Having max rep with BBA helps.

Two of my strongholds have specific sections for Republic and Empire characters, indicated by banners or holographic flags at the entrance to each area. I did this with both my Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa SHs.

Khadzur's Avatar


Khadzur
08.10.2016 , 11:10 AM | #5
I like decorating the strongholds a lot. My Coruscant and Dromund Kaas flats are themed Republic and Empire, respectively.
Tattoine and Yavin I designed around the Alliance so thus are mixed, though I do have the majority of Tattoine set up as a Jedi academy of sorts, with - imho - a pretty nice cantina.
Nar Shadaa is totally neutral. It's a hotel, casino and restaurant run by one of my smugglers

As far as collecting, I tend to keep or buy any decorations I find attractive or I feel are useful. Any decorations I don't like I keep only until I need credits (so I sell), or until someone has something I need or want (so I trade).
There are a few I've sold right off just because I think they're ugly, such as the Dread Fate Plaque. It sold right away because I'm sure someone wanted it and that's great, but if I really don't like it I don't let it take up an inventory slot any longer than it takes the timer to run out.

One blunder I made was not logging in during the event when the Commemorative Statue of HK-51 was issued. I kick myself every time I see one in another player's stronghold.

One decoration I wish they'd create is a Commemorative Statue of Master Orgus Din. Does anyone else have a decoration they'd love to see that doesn't yet exist?
Code:
On The Ebon Hawk:
Khadzur Stormcaller - (Scoundrel at large) - Enclave of the Jedi
Orlanth Stormcaller - (Jedi Sentinel) - Enclave of the Jedi
Umath Stormcaller - (Mercenary) - Aliit Tenau

Nempo's Avatar


Nempo
08.23.2016 , 04:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I try to get one of everything that comes out. It's good for my stronghold prestige.

I bought all the affordable Labels for my strongholds. I picked my favorite five and based my stronghold themes around these. I created characters with names that enhance the titles. For example, I have "Drifter's Marketplace Cantina" and "Hondo Ohnaka's Pirate Roost".

Due to the types of decorations most commonly available, I find these room themes easiest to build --
* Sith or Jedi training room or temple.
* Medical bay or research lab.
* Computer or robotics engineering room.
* Casino, nightclub, and/or bar.
* Pilot's hangout.
* Military barracks or personal quarters.
* Weapons testing lab.
* Vehicle garage or showroom.
* Garden or greenhouse.
* Military or combat training room.

I've seen some lovely museums and art galleries done by people who bought the Arncellean masterpieces and reached max reputation with Makeb. I have also seen a great rakghoul containment facility from someone who obviously spent a lot of time on that event. My favorite has been a bounty hunter's room, but these days it's next to impossible to come up with a bunch of holding cells. Having max rep with BBA helps.

Two of my strongholds have specific sections for Republic and Empire characters, indicated by banners or holographic flags at the entrance to each area. I did this with both my Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa SHs.
I decorated my Coruscant stronghold as if it was an alliance stronghold away from Odessen. However I could not resist putting my JK's name "Amun'ra" on it so it says Amun'ra's Temple of Light.
"I am not driven by hatred. I am not driven by fear.
I am not driven by desire, duty, or any rationale. I can no longer feel any of these.
All that remains is Retribution; Cold and hard and final..."

HeatRacer's Avatar


HeatRacer
08.24.2016 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadzur View Post
Does anyone else have a decoration they'd love to see that doesn't yet exist?
One of those holographic pole dancers from the Nar Shaddaa cantina/red light district.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

StarChanneller's Avatar


StarChanneller
08.24.2016 , 05:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadzur View Post
Does anyone else have a decoration they'd love to see that doesn't yet exist?
Hmm... I think I'd have to say those banners hanging from the Senate Tower on Coruscant, and perhaps some more Rakata decorations like lights and mantelpieces of more colors and stuff. And normal Alliance Banners like the standard Republic and Imperial Banners would be nice. Right now I just have Republic and Imperial Banners lining the walls of my Strongholds. When I use Banners on the walls that is.
Want to get some items? When you click someone's referral link, SWTOR gives you stuff! Below is my referral link, and yes, I do get stuff as well if you click it. It's mutually beneficial. At least I'm honest about my ulterior motive :3
http://www.swtor.com/r/5lNVP6

Khadzur's Avatar


Khadzur
08.31.2016 , 11:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by StarChanneller View Post
Hmm... I think I'd have to say those banners hanging from the Senate Tower on Coruscant, and perhaps some more Rakata decorations like lights and mantelpieces of more colors and stuff. And normal Alliance Banners like the standard Republic and Imperial Banners would be nice. Right now I just have Republic and Imperial Banners lining the walls of my Strongholds. When I use Banners on the walls that is.
I totally agree with the senate banners. In fact, I'd really like to see more banners of all types, since there are many of various designs throughout the game. And that decorative boulder between the senate and spaceport. I'd also like more room dividers - preferably decorative ones - beyond the stalwart & lonely "Office Divider" .
Code:
On The Ebon Hawk:
Khadzur Stormcaller - (Scoundrel at large) - Enclave of the Jedi
Orlanth Stormcaller - (Jedi Sentinel) - Enclave of the Jedi
Umath Stormcaller - (Mercenary) - Aliit Tenau

Capella's Avatar


Capella
09.06.2016 , 10:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadzur View Post
I totally agree with the senate banners. In fact, I'd really like to see more banners of all types, since there are many of various designs throughout the game. And that decorative boulder between the senate and spaceport. I'd also like more room dividers - preferably decorative ones - beyond the stalwart & lonely "Office Divider" .
I agree with this. I'd love to see some patterned dividers that are more interesting. Like those painted changing room dividers. Some with scenes on them as though they're part divider part artwork.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!