Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others

Jrheel
12.28.2011 , 12:56 PM | #21
My only other question is- does anyone know what starting modifications race has on stats? Can't seem to find this anywhere. Just know that each race has their own ability- for ex.- cyborg scans target upon meeting them or something

BlackRifle
12.28.2011 , 01:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrheel View Post
My only other question is- does anyone know what starting modifications race has on stats? Can't seem to find this anywhere. Just know that each race has their own ability- for ex.- cyborg scans target upon meeting them or something
There are no racial or gender modifiers that directly affect stats. All races and both genders are created equal in SWTOR. Each race has their own unique social ability, as well as unique looks and background, but race and gender has nothing to do with stats.

BlackRifle
12.28.2011 , 01:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aamaretto View Post
it came up as the #1 google search.
Really? Cool!

BlackRifle
12.28.2011 , 06:44 PM | #24
I added more content to the OP regarding other stats that may be beneficial to take note of.

TiggaHarley
12.29.2011 , 08:01 AM | #25
I am confused on your guide.

If i am going to be a Trooper - Commando Healer would i not want Cunning over aim.

Cunning: Increases your aptitude with technological abilities.
Aim: Increases your aptitude with ranged weapons.

I have seen in the Codex that is says Primary Stat: AIM but i would disagree that its is the primary stat once you pick your AA.

BlackRifle
12.29.2011 , 11:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TiggaHarley View Post
I am confused on your guide.

If i am going to be a Trooper - Commando Healer would i not want Cunning over aim.

Cunning: Increases your aptitude with technological abilities.
Aim: Increases your aptitude with ranged weapons.

I have seen in the Codex that is says Primary Stat: AIM but i would disagree that its is the primary stat once you pick your AA.
No, the primary stat of the Trooper is Aim for the entire life of the Trooper, all the way to level 50. There are no ifs or buts about it. If you raise Cunning on your Trooper, I assure you that you are doing it very wrong. Your Trooper will be weaker if you don't focus on raising Aim as much as possible. If you want to be a Commando Healer, then Aim is the only way to go, especially if you will be frequently healing other players while grouping. You want maximum healing output right? If yes, then please go full Aim on the Trooper. If you go Cunning, your trooper will be incompetent with healing and I doubt your fellow group members would appreciate that.

I was a full-time tester in beta since earlier this year. My guide is based on plenty of experience with the game and I wanted to share this information with others so that people won't make the mistake of building the wrong stat. And remember, the primary stat guideline also applies to all of your companions. If your companion's primary stat is Aim, then go full Aim for the entire life of your companion. It doesn't matter if your companion is a tank, healer, or DPS, you must always raise their primary stat as much as possible.

TiggaHarley
12.29.2011 , 12:58 PM | #27
Thanks Black.

Guess I am just used to other games where different stats would be more beneficial when playing different styles.

Primeconvoy
12.29.2011 , 01:19 PM | #28
I'm a Sith Marauder and realize that Strength and Power levels are important, but I just picked up a new piece of orange gear that has high power base stat...I currently have an orange power heavy item...should I go with a modded Strength item, or am I better of going with the modded power item....confused!
Those ARE the droids we're looking for!!!

Aerokin
12.29.2011 , 01:23 PM | #29
Great post!

/Aero

BlackRifle
12.29.2011 , 01:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Primeconvoy View Post
I'm a Sith Marauder and realize that Strength and Power levels are important, but I just picked up a new piece of orange gear that has high power base stat...I currently have an orange power heavy item...should I go with a modded Strength item, or am I better of going with the modded power item....confused!
Marauder primary stat is Strength. Power is a bonus stat. I think Strength would be more effective over Power. I'm not saying to forget about Power, as more Power is good to have for damage and healing output. I'm just saying that if I were to pick between Strength and Power, I would pick the primary stat, which is Strength for Marauders.