Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others

Lankybrit's Avatar


Lankybrit
12.28.2011 , 10:52 AM | #11
A great read, thanks.

Phew, I got it right. I'm a Gunslinger and when presented with +11 endurance, +11 cunning or +8 endurance, +13 cunning I went with the latter. Glad to see I got it right.

We need an elitistjerks for SWTOR BTW

Cheers.

Owsley's Avatar


Owsley
12.28.2011 , 12:01 PM | #12
How does Power play in this mix. Am I correct in assuming that it increases DPS?

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
12.28.2011 , 12:29 PM | #13
excellent read ... my lvl 20 Smuggler has cunning of 220+ ... looks like we made some good choices. I did notice that my aim (however) is somewhat pathetic! Probably a better balance between endurance and aim seems to be in order. Paying close attention to gear does make a big difference !

BTW... thanks to OP .. excellent !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Jrheel's Avatar


Jrheel
12.28.2011 , 12:39 PM | #14
Hope this is not a stupid question lol, but how do you level up your stats? I haven't seen the option to do this once, and im now a level 11 Juggernaut. It seems to be doing it automatically.

Is it something you start doing after you get your advanced class? Because i just got mine and havent leveled up with it yet..

BlackRifle's Avatar


BlackRifle
12.28.2011 , 12:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
How does Power play in this mix. Am I correct in assuming that it increases DPS?
Although Power is not one of the seven main attributes, Power does give a bonus to both damage and healing. Raising Power is a good idea if you really want the damage and healing bonus that it offers.

Discotrash's Avatar


Discotrash
12.28.2011 , 12:45 PM | #16
Thank you for this thread. Maybe making this a sticky would be a good idea
Soulcrest: Zabrak Lightning Sith Sorcerer on Red Eclipse

BlackRifle's Avatar


BlackRifle
12.28.2011 , 12:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrheel View Post
Hope this is not a stupid question lol, but how do you level up your stats? I haven't seen the option to do this once, and im now a level 11 Juggernaut. It seems to be doing it automatically.

Is it something you start doing after you get your advanced class? Because i just got mine and havent leveled up with it yet..
There is no direct manual editing of your stats. They raise on their own automatically as you level, but it's the gear that overwhelmingly raises your primary (i.e. Willpower) and secondary (Endurance) stats over time. Your characters and companions depend heavily on gear their entire lives. Be sure to upgrade their gear and modifications on a frequent basis.

BlackRifle's Avatar


BlackRifle
12.28.2011 , 12:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
excellent read ... my lvl 20 Smuggler has cunning of 220+ ... looks like we made some good choices. I did notice that my aim (however) is somewhat pathetic! Probably a better balance between endurance and aim seems to be in order. Paying close attention to gear does make a big difference !

BTW... thanks to OP .. excellent !
No! Forget about Aim as a Smuggler. Focus on raising Cunning (Smuggler primary stat) and Endurance (secondary stat). The only gear you should be buying for your Smuggler is gear that raises Cunning. All gear raises Endurance since that is everyone's secondary stat.

Jrheel's Avatar


Jrheel
12.28.2011 , 12:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackRifle View Post
There is no direct manual editing of your stats. They raise on their own automatically as you level, but it's the gear that overwhelmingly raises your primary (i.e. Willpower) and secondary (Endurance) stats over time. Your characters and companions depend heavily on gear their entire lives. Be sure to upgrade their gear and modifications on a frequent basis.
Thank You! that's exactly what was confusing me, and now i get it

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
12.28.2011 , 12:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackRifle View Post
No! Forget about Aim as a Smuggler. Focus on raising Cunning (Smuggler primary stat) and Endurance (secondary stat). The only gear you should be buying for your Smuggler is gear that raises Cunning. All gear raises Endurance since that is everyone's secondary stat.
hmmm ... okie .. steady as she goes ! Thanks for the tip !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|