Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others

FyreFry
01.19.2012 , 09:08 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Lankybrit View Post
A great read, thanks.

Phew, I got it right. I'm a Gunslinger and when presented with +11 endurance, +11 cunning or +8 endurance, +13 cunning I went with the latter. Glad to see I got it right.

We need an elitistjerks for SWTOR BTW

Cheers.
Please don't make an EJ for TOR. That would piss a lot of people off. This guide is enough to understand the simple basics of SWTOR, and EJ would only make it more complex than it needs to be. I'd rather enjoy a game, understand the basics of it, and discuss the basic theory of the gameplay, and NOT do all the math and junk that isn't necessary.

Unless we REALLY need to understand all the math of the mechanics, then maybe, but honestly I don't think it's necessary when it's pretty dang simple already. Why make something simple more complex than needed? I don't see the point.

Again, no EJ for TOR would be ideal, in my honest opinion. Guides like this one is just what we need. Simple. To the point. Direct. Easy.

Cexitime
01.23.2012 , 06:56 AM | #102
Thank you for this guide! I found it informative

Jiminimonka
01.23.2012 , 07:04 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by FyreFry View Post
Please don't make an EJ for TOR. That would piss a lot of people off. This guide is enough to understand the simple basics of SWTOR, and EJ would only make it more complex than it needs to be. I'd rather enjoy a game, understand the basics of it, and discuss the basic theory of the gameplay, and NOT do all the math and junk that isn't necessary.

Unless we REALLY need to understand all the math of the mechanics, then maybe, but honestly I don't think it's necessary when it's pretty dang simple already. Why make something simple more complex than needed? I don't see the point.

Again, no EJ for TOR would be ideal, in my honest opinion. Guides like this one is just what we need. Simple. To the point. Direct. Easy.
Sithwarrior.com is already the EJ for TOR. Some people like it some people don't. If you don't then avoid it.

Damagegoods
01.23.2012 , 09:30 AM | #104
Great Post!!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!

Histper
01.24.2012 , 08:20 AM | #105
Thanks, being new to MMOs kind if sucks. This helped a lot.

thodorisg
01.25.2012 , 10:05 AM | #106
Thanks man. I had a tough time understanding they way stats work.
Very very useful post for us entry-level players

BlackRifle
01.26.2012 , 11:23 PM | #107
I revised a few of the paragraphs in the guide to make things more clear to the reader. People already familiar with the guide don't have to read it over again.

emacs_
01.30.2012 , 10:25 AM | #108
On one hand thank you for the guide.
On the other hand, I'm a bit disappointed with this method. It supports the concept that a character is his own equipment and not, for example, how you play it or how you build it. It's far simpler, yes, but far less satisfying in my opinion.
A level 40 will be nothing more than his equipment. Even if he's an experienced Force Wielder, his willpower is mostly in his outfit. And I suppose this will grow more and more true as you level up.
I hoped a different way
Well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway.
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

BlackRifle
02.01.2012 , 06:19 AM | #109
I added the following question and answer to the OP:
Quote:
Does character race or gender make any difference when it comes to stats?
There are no racial or gender modifiers that directly affect stats. All races and both genders are created equal in SWTOR. Each race has its own unique social ability, as well as unique looks and background, but race and gender has no effect on stats.

Dwogger
02.02.2012 , 03:11 AM | #110
Believe this is theclosest thread to ask. Can any1 tell me where to get the information about types of attack and types of damage, how these work? Any links to guides?