New Move Ideas for 5.0!

Flintfire

With every expansion, there is a long tradition in this game of getting utility and QOL changes. This usually comes in the form of a new attack/cooldown/utility each class gets. Such expansions have brought around the likes of:

Force Barriers and all their magical wonders

Operative rolls

Electro Net

Teleportation

Saber Reflect

So, what stuff do you want to see? What do you think Bioware is going to do for your class?

Will mercs get more usage of their jetpacks? Will operatives get a move that is a nerf in disguise? Will assassins get the ability to fly? What do you think your class needs or should have as a QOL improvement? Post it here! Below are a few examples I have thought of.

Ideas for mercenaries:

Electro-tether: Range: 30m Shoots a grapple at one target that grabs another enemy target nearby within (10m?) and binds them. For ? seconds the tethered enemies must stay within 10m of each other or both will get stunned for 2 seconds and shocked for ? energy damage.

Carbonite Missile: Range: 30m Shoots a missile filled with pressurized carbonite that flys to the target and explodes. The target and all enemies in 8 meters get stunned for 2.5 seconds. (Ranged carbonize for mercs)

Negative Reinforcement Collar: Range: 10m Puts a shock collar on an enemy. For 10 seconds if that enemy attacks the mercenary they will get electrocuted for ? energy damage and slowed for 30%. Damage and slowing effect stacks up to 3 times. If 3 stacks are built, when the duration ends the enemy gets a final powerful jolt for ? energy damage and the enemy is knocked down for 2 seconds.

Carbonite Missile: Range: 30m Shoots a missile filled with pressurized carbonite that flys to the target and explodes. The target and all enemies in 8 meters get stunned for 2.5 seconds. (Ranged carbonize for mercs)

I just felt a disturbance in the force as if thousands of snipers and gunslingers all cried out at once. OK. So its more like all 20 of them now and probably less that remember why this would piss in our cheerios, but still.

Ideas for mercenaries:

Electro-tether: Range: 30m Shoots a grapple at one target that grabs another enemy target nearby within (10m?) and binds them. For ? seconds the tethered enemies must stay within 10m of each other or both will get stunned for 2 seconds and shocked for ? energy damage.

Negative Reinforcement Collar: Range: 10m Puts a shock collar on an enemy. For 10 seconds if that enemy attacks the mercenary they will get electrocuted for ? energy damage and slowed for 30%. Damage and slowing effect stacks up to 3 times. If 3 stacks are built, when the duration ends the enemy gets a final powerful jolt for ? energy damage and the enemy is knocked down for 2 seconds.

Yea give mercenary more CC, so jugg and mara can finally do "stuck" in duels with them.

I vote for melee force users to get 60m force leap and all Sorcs to have force pull of the enemy of 30m, even in cover.

Mercs that can really fly, not this backwards rubbish or flying into the air to AOE. They need a flying ability that lets them get to untouchable map positions by some melee.

Snipers range increased to 80m with a special "zoom" in sniper ability. A bit like snipers have in most FPS games. It should hit hard, but it needs to hit in the right part of the body to instant kill, aka, head shot.

Of course all of that is completely ridiculous. But I bet we see some stupid abilities introduced in 5.0. They've don't it in the past.

Guardian slash or whatever its called in Immortal tree should always hit 8 ppl even if they are in spawn cuz Skank need more dmg.

Sorc and Merc need more cc and e net should be spammable.

Really? your choosing to complain about a mercs cc over an operative or assassins?

would be interesting to see how that would be done though i dont know how effective it would be

10m i could see maybe 15m if they are feeling very nice, 30m is much too long a range to have on a AoE hard stun especially since they cut all the stun distances down from 30m before. i get that the game was much different then as there was no where near as much mobility but i still dont think a 30m AoE hard stun is even close to balanced.

Edited by Nic__

Give everyone customisable in built hack settings. But set it up like utility options. You can only pick one hack per bracket and only when you reach that lvl.

Or just combine all the class abilities so everyone has 50 choices to use at a time.

Regarding mercs.

My dream is to have an ability that allows us to jump to different places using the jetpack, similar to how the clickable things are used in the Odessen wz, except without a flip. 1 min or 1min 30 sec cd.

Not sure how others classes would take it though, and how it would work with the game's mechanics.

An ability that increases Deception sins DPS to be on par with JUG|MARA|SNIPER|MERC or the other side of the spectrum a heal to increase survive-ability thus allowing for potentially more DPS output.Currently Deception is on low end of DPS out put. While its possible to put out high DPS it is nowhere near the top DPS spec classes. Edited by Kazz_Devlin

We don't need more abilities, we need better balance between the classes and better match making in WZs.

Fix what exists then start adding.

Gota to agree with this. Problem is EA/Bioware do not see a imbalance specially when you have Hvy weight classes such as jugs and mercs they always say working as intended. It is the inherit-ant flaw with the entire process. There is a reason we have weight classes in sports fighting to remove the natural imbalances that exist when a light weight would be paired with a heavy weight. The only way to do so in the game is to balance the professions. Tanks should never put out DPS especially on the same level as a pure spec DPS class. DPS classes such as JUG should never have the survival potential that it does because it is a DPS class not a tank spec at most their heal should be on par with other DPS in that it is limited to 15% of max health and none of this heal to full potential. (yes I get that if you don't hit him he don't heal, explain that in the middle of a fight with multiple people all attacking someone always ends up hitting them be it lag or lack of knowledge.

This thread was supposed to be serious but its turned pretty entertaining.

And to the people saying we need class balance not moves, I agree with you, but be freaking realistic, every expansion you get a new move, its going to happen, may as well try to make it something you want instead of ending up with something dumb.

I think Sages should get Force Implode the Moon, which instantly disconnects its target from the server. Hits up to 8 people.

I am pretty sure a non-class specific version of this ability already exists in ranked pvp...:rolleyes:

Edited by tcgtqu

• 2 months later...
It would be great if they could add choice options to the legacy abilities and also allow those legacy abilities in PVP. So to the options; For example, say I have a Jedi of any class and a trooper of any class and both are at levels were legacy abilities are available. Rather than simply assigning an ability, allow the play to choose an ability. This adds to the uniqueness of each player and allow for players to choose an ability the prefer. Still only one ability is assigned, but allow the player to make the choice.

It would be great if they could add choice options to the legacy abilities and also allow those legacy abilities in PVP. So to the options; For example, say I have a Jedi of any class and a trooper of any class and both are at levels were legacy abilities are available. Rather than simply assigning an ability, allow the play to choose an ability. This adds to the uniqueness of each player and allow for players to choose an ability the prefer. Still only one ability is assigned, but allow the player to make the choice.

Can't ever go wrong with choices. That is one of the things I miss most about spec trees pre-3.0. You weren't tied to only your one spec. You could dabble in abilties from the other two specs. You might not be able to get the better abiltities but it allowed you some style-ization, not be a cardboard cut out, and flesh out some areas of interest without having to dedicate the character heart and soul.

I like the idea of having some choice in legacy abilities. Having the option of choosing an ability from the other class is a very interesting idea, it doesn't break anything, it allows some style choice, and its a great way of adding some individuality to a character. Great idea.

P.S. - All Jedi must die.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Ideas for new moves:

"Content added"

Game dev's add new PVP content and PVE content thus stopping the isolation of their PVP and PVE player bases and stops spending what little budget they have on ****** story lines aimed at people with poor taste!

Coming 5. NEVER