Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion same sex marriage and reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companion same sex marriage and reputation

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.19.2016 , 04:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Risk of breaking parts of the game: Same concept as above. Applies to every change made to the game. For it to be a legitimate concern in this particular case, you would need to have full access to the code base and be able to assess the risks associated with editing that particular part of the game. Which is something none of us have, so it's not an argument any of us can make in a credible manner.
Here you go - http://www.swtor.com/community/searc...earchid=566139. There are probably more. The most recent was the inquisitor romancing ashara couldn't finish her story and therefore cannot start kotfe( because they'll miss the ashara story for good).

I think devs stated somewhere that they do not intend to add anything to the original 1-50 story( this was something about the numerous threads about possible new class) but i'm too lazy to search for the exact source and i might be wrong. About the possible changes appealing to a a low amount of people i think this is quite obvious. This is 5 year old content. How many people would even consider replaying this just for the chance to see a couple of different videos? Especially after this LvD event.

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.19.2016 , 04:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Resources/money: Of course, every feature idea requires this. The request in question is not unique in this way. Therefore, it's unreasonable to say that it's suddenly relevant, when it applies to literally every feature request ever. The only exception to this general rule I can think of would be if somebody requested a feature that is so obviously, impossibly large that there is no way the devs would ever be able to do it (example: "fifty new planets should be added next month"). Then you have a reasonable argument for allocation of money/resources.
The real question is not how much it will cost - it is what's the ROI?

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
07.19.2016 , 04:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Here you go - http://www.swtor.com/community/searc...earchid=566139. There are probably more. The most recent was the inquisitor romancing ashara couldn't finish her story and therefore cannot start kotfe( because they'll miss the ashara story for good).

I think devs stated somewhere that they do not intend to add anything to the original 1-50 story( this was something about the numerous threads about possible new class) but i'm too lazy to search for the exact source and i might be wrong. About the possible changes appealing to a a low amount of people i think this is quite obvious. This is 5 year old content. How many people would even consider replaying this just for the chance to see a couple of different videos? Especially after this LvD event.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
The real question is not how much it will cost - it is what's the ROI?
Yes, but the point is, this is all stuff only they can accurately analyze. We can speculate until our hearts give out, but it's ultimately a big unknown. I find it odd that you're considering it a real argument for this feature in particular, but there are plenty of feature request threads that don't get touched with this kind of argument. Is it just normal for you to do this kind of assessment for each feature that you see requested? Forgive me if I'm misjudging you on this. Just strikes me as odd.

Also, a search for bug reports does not a cogent argument make. Many aspects of the game still have bugs. It's the nature of imperfect coding architecture.

The closest thing to a real argument is the statement about not touching the 1-50 again, but A) needs a link and B) nothing is ever 100% certain in game development.

That said, I have no expectation that they would do it for 1-50. It seems very unlikely to me. But then, so do most feature requests. We still ask though, so they know we're thinking about it.

ughihatemondays's Avatar


ughihatemondays
07.19.2016 , 04:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Kalio's also ready to swing both ways.
I would completely agree with you... Until Anarchy in Paradise where we get her sexuality confirmed. I can't remember the exact line, but when you get back to base and talk to her in the cantina, you get a flirt option regardless of gender. Her answer to female characters is slightly different from males tho. If you're a female it's something along these lines; "You show me your secrets, i show you mine. Could be fun, but that's all i'm good for with women."

But i agree with you in all other aspects of this thread. I'm a gay woman and I also find it frustrating to only have one romance option (Lana) that i can really relate to. At least we have two males in KOTFE. There's one flirting choice with Senya, but beside that we only have Lana (don't get me wrong, i love her, but it gets dull the 8th time you romance her)
The Satanspawn Legacy - The Red Eclipse

Want some free stuff + 7 days subscribtion? Just click the link below!
LINK

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
07.19.2016 , 05:00 AM | #25
Oh yes please , I love Lana but I would love to romance someone else from tha Paaaaaast

as to what does it add ? Replayability..peoples keep making new charachters , that just add more spice to a game that many claim is becoming boring due to lack to X and Y..

and for those who claim who benefit from this , everyone who has an open mind .

for those who claim it cost money......unless you work for BW.......be quiet . You don't know....only they know .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.19.2016 , 05:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Yes, but the point is, this is all stuff only they can accurately analyze. We can speculate until our hearts give out, but it's ultimately a big unknown. I find it odd that you're considering it a real argument for this feature in particular, but there are plenty of feature request threads that don't get touched with this kind of argument. Is it just normal for you to do this kind of assessment for each feature that you see requested? Forgive me if I'm misjudging you on this. Just strikes me as odd.
As a software developer working on a millions of LOC codebase I have some experience to what funny things happen when adding something "really small" new feature to the codebase so i'm just trying to be rational. In my daily work my main principle is "If it's not broken don't fix it!", so probably that's why i always feel discomfort when i see requests for features not part of the original design. IMHO the chances of patching the original story to make all characters romanceable not depending on PC sex are very slim. On the other hand chances to get something like that in NEW content are high, If you look at RoTHC both Cytharat and Dr. Lemda Avesta were only romanceable by same sex PC.

Jaiddyn's Avatar


Jaiddyn
07.19.2016 , 05:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
As a software developer working on a millions of LOC codebase I have some experience to what funny things happen when adding something "really small" new feature to the codebase so i'm just trying to be rational. In my daily work my main principle is "If it's not broken don't fix it!", so probably that's why i always feel discomfort when i see requests for features not part of the original design. IMHO the chances of patching the original story to make all characters romanceable not depending on PC sex are very slim. On the other hand chances to get something like that in NEW content are high, If you look at RoTHC both Cytharat and Dr. Lemda Avesta were only romanceable by same sex PC.
Actually that's not true. Lemda and my MALE Knight flirted just fine and even kissed.
Varactyl - tales of a Cathar Smuggler
Stories updated 8/30/2016

TyonYlle's Avatar


TyonYlle
07.19.2016 , 05:46 AM | #28
While I too, would love this in the main 1-50 storyline, it's extremely unluckily BW would ever do this, realistically, but hey never say never!

With the changes to companions, and the fact, we can now recruit/choose from all the past companions, to join us. This is something that I can really see BW doing, at least, I hope this isn't just wishful thinking. My smuggler would then be in a pentagon-love with Corso, Theron, Nico and Vette. Vette would win out, in the end, but it'd be close!
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.19.2016 , 05:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiddyn View Post
Actually that's not true. Lemda and my MALE Knight flirted just fine and even kissed.
Ok, but that doesn't change the meaning of my post - You have better chance to get same sex romanceable companiosn in NEW content than to have 1-50 story patched.

Jaiddyn's Avatar


Jaiddyn
07.19.2016 , 06:12 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Ok, but that doesn't change the meaning of my post - You have better chance to get same sex romanceable companiosn in NEW content than to have 1-50 story patched.
Wasn't really commenting on that OR even arguing that? I don't expect them to change the 1-50. My thoughts were they could include new options for companions RETURNING in KOTFE and beyond.

Having played MMOs a while, I know updating that sort of thing is an "almost never" kind of business.

I was just correcting that Lemda is not, in fact, a "same sex only". I'm not sure if she's open to either genders or male only though. Only played through Makeb on a male so far.
Varactyl - tales of a Cathar Smuggler
Stories updated 8/30/2016