Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion same sex marriage and reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companion same sex marriage and reputation

JediAkemi
07.19.2016 , 02:45 AM | #11
I really want to romance Kira on my female Knights. I've not really considered romancing any of the other female companions on a female character (except Lana).

Rolodome
07.19.2016 , 02:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by charanth View Post
You mean like the OP?

The irony here is, well, ironic.
How is asking for increased same sex romance options (something that is already in the game, later on) a troll? You no make no sense.

charanth
07.19.2016 , 02:49 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
How is asking for increased same sex romance options (something that is already in the game, later on) a troll? You no make no sense.
Perhaps you should read the OP again.

Storm-Cutter
07.19.2016 , 02:54 AM | #14
1 Too difficult to reset the flags,
2 Too expensive with no monetary return,
3 Too many QQs on the forums saying we couldn't before so why can we now. - Can I reset please and re-romance someone different.
4 Some people are puritanical about it, some are more liberal.

and 5

If they can romance same gender in 1-50 story, some people will want to romance HK or the Akk dog or Veeroa Denz or the Wampa mount....or a Ceiling light. Then they'll want kids....It's a dark path that doesn't benefit anyone a whole lot.

It is what it is. It's not like these are real people, just pixels with a different face.

Hardcore RP-ers have their place, no question. -But the game is starved of content as it is.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Rolodome
07.19.2016 , 02:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by charanth View Post
Perhaps you should read the OP again.
There is nothing in there that remotely reads like a troll. It's a person asking for increased same sex romance options. Not sure what you think you're seeing... like is the idea of same sex romance just instantly a troll in your mind or something? Do you see it as a troll that a female character can romance lana or a male character can romance theron?

TrixxieTriss
07.19.2016 , 03:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
There is nothing in there that remotely reads like a troll. It's a person asking for increased same sex romance options. Not sure what you think you're seeing... like is the idea of same sex romance just instantly a troll in your mind or something? Do you see it as a troll that a female character can romance lana or a male character can romance theron?
Just do what I do when you pick up a troll, which is what they are trying to do, badly might I add, is put them on ignore. Then you don't even need to see their posts ever. It's like they are talking to thin air or to themselves. Then everyone gets to see who they really are. People with no social graces.
But thanks for sticking up for me 😘

Jaiddyn
07.19.2016 , 03:16 AM | #17
You have some weird logic....
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
1 Too difficult to reset the flags,
Okay, possibly. I could see that?

2 Too expensive with no monetary return,
Possible and fair enough.

3 Too many QQs on the forums saying we couldn't before so why can we now. - Can I reset please and re-romance someone different.
Eh, maybe also possible? Not sure it could be THAT hard and besides, what about a work around so you can romance them during/after KOTFE? Then people can romance Gault, Kira, Corso, or whoever the hey they want on whatever they want without having to worry about resetting flags or anything.

4 Some people are puritanical about it, some are more liberal.
That's a silly thing to worry about. We already have same-sex in the game. So what if the same people whining about that keep whining? Didn't stop Makeb, Theron, Lana, or the rest, right?

and 5

If they can romance same gender in 1-50 story, some people will want to romance HK or the Akk dog or Veeroa Denz or the Wampa mount....or a Ceiling light. Then they'll want kids....It's a dark path that doesn't benefit anyone a whole lot.
Okay, what? Did you just compare wanting to have same sex options with wanting to be romantic with animals and furniture? ....What? Okay, how are those two even related? You're starting to sound like the people you mentioned in #4 there. Wanting to romance same sex is miles away from wanting to romance an animal, a robot, or a chair.

It is what it is. It's not like these are real people, just pixels with a different face.

Hardcore RP-ers have their place, no question. -But the game is starved of content as it is.
That's a bit silly. With that logic, who cares about content at all? You can just...pretend to have more adventures? I mean, it's not real life. You can run around in game and pretend you're doing it for the first time?

Content is content is content. To some people knew companions, interactions, and such ARE the content they want. Some people want Ops. Some people want more PvP. All of those are content and all content is viable because it all has its fans. Saying "romance" isn't content doesn't really make sense. It's an online game we're having fun playing for what we each enjoy.
Varactyl - tales of a Cathar Smuggler
Stories updated 8/30/2016

Tsetso
07.19.2016 , 03:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiddyn View Post
That's a bit silly. With that logic, who cares about content at all? You can just...pretend to have more adventures? I mean, it's not real life. You can run around in game and pretend you're doing it for the first time?

Content is content is content. To some people knew companions, interactions, and such ARE the content they want. Some people want Ops. Some people want more PvP. All of those are content and all content is viable because it all has its fans. Saying "romance" isn't content doesn't really make sense. It's an online game we're having fun playing for what we each enjoy.
His logic is pretty sound. Making new content for ALL players and including the option for RP to have same sex relationship with new or old returning companions is one thing. Tweaking the old 1-50 story to make that possible with the risk of breaking the whole game will cost money and will benefit ONLY that kind of players.

Jaiddyn
07.19.2016 , 03:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
His logic is pretty sound. Making new content for ALL players and including the option for RP to have same sex relationship with new or old returning companions is one thing. Tweaking the old 1-50 story to make that possible with the risk of breaking the whole game will cost money and will benefit ONLY that kind of players.
I'm not disagreeing with that. That's why I said "Why not let the old companions be romanced when they RETURN in KOTFE?". I can get going back over old content wouldn't be effective.

I was just meaning saying "we don't need this because we need 'content'" is a flawed argument. Story and companions are just as much content as ops and pvp.
Varactyl - tales of a Cathar Smuggler
Stories updated 8/30/2016

Rolodome
07.19.2016 , 04:15 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Just do what I do when you pick up a troll, which is what they are trying to do, badly might I add, is put them on ignore. Then you don't even need to see their posts ever. It's like they are talking to thin air or to themselves. Then everyone gets to see who they really are. People with no social graces.
But thanks for sticking up for me 😘
No prob, and thanks for the advice. Ignore lists never work for me though. Just a personal thing. If I see a post from someone on my ignore, I feel more compelled to read it than I would otherwise. I think the only way a forum ignore would work for me is if it hid the existence of the post entirely, such that I didn't even know it existed.

But even then, I'm too pedantic and ready to argue. I'd hate to miss the opportunity to debunk a poor argument.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Nope. Every point here about tweaking the 1-50 is either irrelevant or something that none of us can back up.

Resources/money: Of course, every feature idea requires this. The request in question is not unique in this way. Therefore, it's unreasonable to say that it's suddenly relevant, when it applies to literally every feature request ever. The only exception to this general rule I can think of would be if somebody requested a feature that is so obviously, impossibly large that there is no way the devs would ever be able to do it (example: "fifty new planets should be added next month"). Then you have a reasonable argument for allocation of money/resources.

Risk of breaking parts of the game: Same concept as above. Applies to every change made to the game. For it to be a legitimate concern in this particular case, you would need to have full access to the code base and be able to assess the risks associated with editing that particular part of the game. Which is something none of us have, so it's not an argument any of us can make in a credible manner.

Benefiting "only that kind of player": Every single feature request ever only applies to a subset of players. Once again, we lack the required information to make a credible argument. We don't have the market research needed to tell whether the subset of players who would want this is significant compared to other features on the long list they're working with. And even if we did have that kind of information, it would still be a poor argument, since we aren't the decision-makers for the game and market desires/demographic can change.