Devs PLEASE READ: Feature Requests, BUG FIXES, game adjustments for 5.0 #KOTET

lightningseven

RE: #KOTET #SWTOR6 PLEASE also see my past REDDIT post:

With #SWTOR5 (5.0 / #KOTET) coming soon, what NEW features would you like to see; or removed; BUGS FIXED; or other aspects of game play adjusted?

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/4taby2/with_swtor5_50_kotet_coming_this_fall_what_new/

Please read that thread, or comment here since i hope devs will be looking here as well.

There are already a growing number of GENIUS comments over there (in my opinion -- mostly by other people)

Edited by lightningseven

The reddit thread died down a bit, so in case people don't want to click or comment on Reddit, i copied (ONLY) my own suggestions into this reply (but there are TONS other great ones by other people on that Reddit thread that I am not going to copy/paste here) - Here are a collection of my own:

---

My list is likely to grow and evolve as i think of more things.... but here goes, for starters:

1. I want OFFLINE character design - i take "too long" in picking out what things i want on my toon's face and i get logged out a lot -- so much that i have to start jotting down the numbers of each feature before i click play (just so i don't lose the locked ones i have settled on)

2. CHARACTER STATS on the character selection screen: I want either a POPUP or some slotted read-out of how much DARK or LIGHT side points i have on each toon, how many CREDITS each one has, and some indication of HOW MANY EMAILS each one has -- PLEASE!!! (Hmm, and somewhere on that SAME selection screen, HOW MANY CARTEL COINS i have on my account -- that would be very nice as well)

3. It's messed up that they nerfed Sorc Force Storm all to hell, but IGNORED Sage Force Quake graphical animation ENTIRELY, and ALSO ignored Smuggler's own AOE power (what is the name of it? blast i played it just last night. Anyway, it's very OP'd -- not that i can complain too much, because i love it that way lol -- as much as i loved Force Storm)

4. PLEASE UPDATE RAIL SPACE MISSIONS to become RELEVANT in the game again.

5. MORE GSF maps - its like a freaking TATOOINE DESERT in that side of the game! (Ideally i'd want a free roam GSF/Rail space mission merger or hodge-podge hybrid of sorts, but i may be dreaming on this one. RUMORS a year or 2 ago said that the dev/creator of GSF had plans to do something about the flaws in it's design ... I wonder what he is up to?)

6. MORE STUFF FOR VETERANS (including NEW WZs, OPs, etc..) I am not a big player of these but there is no way i can disagree with other players that this area is lacking BADLY again. I hope KOTET/5.0 gives us more like how KOTFE gave us more story. I just want to see everyone happy with the game and the game being successful again (plus the many RAGE QUIT posts on Reddit used to be annoying)

7. There ARE new things that i do like, since 4.6 or so: the legacy cargo droids, and Legacy storage in our RV spaceships lol Those were long overdue... And weapon tunings are neat but we don't have as many of those as we'd like.

8. WHY CAN'T EA/BW STOP THE gold farming SPAM BOTS? Can't they just force ALL players to use a WinAuth type system where we ALL need a security key to play? Would that stop the spam bots or no? We had a bad/downed login server almost all day yesterday because of a server outage or EA-wide authentication problem, that did not even get fixed until sometime yesterday evening. WAS THAT a HACK attack or just general entropy in the servers?

9. i haven't the SLIGHTEST CLUE how to get a CREATURE companion - is buying cartel market packs HONESTLY the ONLY way to get these things? SIGH. THAT SUCKS. AT LEAST offer more options for us here -- i don't expect rares or semi-rares to be easy to get. Just give us a way of working our way up to at least half-*** decent ones. I'll gladly earn them IF i know how and IF i don't have to buy coins to do it. [NOTE: this refers to actual creatures that you can make them FIGHT for/with you, NOT PETS!!!]

10. FLASHPOINTS, HEROICS, and OPERATIONS. If there is 1 thing this game needs (and yes i know it has become SUPER EASY in other areas over time) but it is a DEVOTED TRAINING CLASS or SIMULATOR mode or area / "phase", for LEARNING HOW to play in these LESS-played areas of the game (I am not saying people don't "do" them, but what i am saying is that LESS NEW people TRY them because it is seen as the reserved specialty of the learned elite player base. ALL of us need to learn HOW to play in these areas of the game. GSF has a TUTORIAL MODE!!! WHY don't other areas of the game also have TUTORIAL MODES??? sigh. And ALL the ops and guild leaders said: "AMEN"???? I hope). IF we had more training in OPS and FPs, BEFORE grouping up for real or PUGing, then we would have LESS rage quits and LESS blocks/bans/FRUSTRATION from the REAL hardcore players who are tired of putting up with BAD PLAYERS).

11. LESS mountain-mazed planets!!! Seriously this is getting OLD and STALE. Art and world devs need to find some other way to keep us in their little rat race maze instead of using spurious mountain ranges to border or fence us in all the time. HOW ABOUT a RAGING RIVER or an ELECTRIC WALL or a continual JET STREAM (think exhaustion zones) or something else that helps ward us away out of areas that are not conducive to a given PVE leveling area? I am SO SICK OF ALWAYS BORING OLD MOUNTAIN RANGES being used to CORRAL players like sheep lol At least they got CREATIVE when designing MAKEB - they used not only fences and bridges but also CRAZY RAVINES that bordered on near-astronomical altitude! MAKEB IS A MASTERPIECE of world design (except i HATE the blackouts we get when taxi-ing - DEVS PLEASE take those black-outs ... out!!!

12. PLEASE fix the weird Windows 10 Graphics Glitches (especially with newer AMD Radeon cards - i personally use a R9 380X by Sapphire) - the Awesomium library is a key suspect here and maybe it needs updated with 5.0 as it seems only the mini-map, ITEM selection in inventory, and PROGRESS BARS are glitching for me (I should upload a video on this) but nothing else is glitching due to those things. AND another OLD graphics glitch (which Repair does not seem to fix? is the old light-aura effect when a companion is healing me and the bright green trapezoid is all over the floor in an obvious polygon shape (maybe i need to do video on this one too) -- THAT ONE IS OLD because it was happening with my original graphics card (NOT a R9, but an R5).

13. Add VULKAN (aka Mantle) support (meaning; NOT ONLY DirectX 12 support) in the graphics engine. If you do develop a Macintosh client, this means add METAL support as well.

14. And EA/BW would be WISE to develop (or FORK!) a cross-platform client for Macs and LINUX (Wanna GREATLY EXPAND that player base????) (or work with others with developing it)

15. MEMORY USAGE: IT'S TIME for the 64-bit CLIENT! I don't want to beat the old horse again but a SIXTY-FOUR BIT client would be TIMELY and appropriate NOW (considering it's 2016). I mean, I have 24 gigs of memory. I'd like to have a SMOOTHER WAR ZONE experience, and it might be actually FEASIBLE to run large scale operations or war zones SMOOTHER with MORE MEMORY usage by using 64-bits address space. OR AT LEAST help us with something like "SWTOR Unleashed" and load more assets into RAM at a time. At least allow those of us with more memory to be able to do this.

16. Most modern-PC players would benefit if the client had more than 2 threads. SCALE the threading model already! I have 8 cores and most people have AT LEAST 2, these days. I know this game is already OVERLY CPU-intensive but you could at least make better use of what we DO have.

17. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL CLASSES should be allowed to use various weapon types, as per "common sense" (NO i don't expect devs to understand this but i am gonna say it anyway)...

18. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: TROOPERS should be allowed to use ALL WEAPONS -- LITERALLY ALL -- EXCEPT lightsabers.

SMUGGLERS should be allowed to use ALL WEAPONS -- LITERALLY ALL -- EXCEPT lightsabers, AND have a penalty on military weapons that are "too big" (just an idea)

19. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL JEDI KNIGHTS / CONSULARS & SITH WARRIORS / INQUISITORS should be allowed to CONTINUE to use all lightsabers and OPTIONALLY pistols or rifles (LUKE SKYWALKER, KYLE KATARN -- hello?), but penalties on MILITARY HEAVY weapons. (And YEAH I KNOW, powers/abilities like "Blade Dance" could NOT use a gun - there could be alternate powers for GUN use, just as there are BOXING powers (which NOBODY USES anymore!)

20. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: Bounty Hunters should follow same rules as Troopers but they should have a lesser penalty with lightsabers because they (lore-wise) actively have hunted Jedi in the past. And Agents likewise as Smugglers, but less penalty on military weapons and explosives. Obviously no lightsabers for them.

21. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL Companions which follow the above prototypes / archetypes should be allowed to use WHATEVER THE HELL kind of WEAPONS that WE want them to use (I understand that this can be within certain limits, as obviously there are going to be story-wise considerations here -- obviously T7 CANNOT use most melee weapons lol But why not give him a RETRACTABLE ARM for those situations where we MAY WANT him to do melee? Or he could use a rocket boost like R2 did in the prequel movies and he could do OIL-spray AND flying-SLAM attacks?) Some may see ANY of these, as a bad idea but maybe devs can compromise with us on this one. (I am building this idea mostly off of other RPGs which, in the case of some, allow any player character to use ANY weapon, albeit with either penalty taxes to ability of "to hit" or "damage"/DPS etc....) #RevengeOfTheSith

22. OLD SUGGESTIONS I had, years ago (only 2-3 ever got picked or done, and i am sure it was not because of me) And, if any one is interested, a few years ago i posted some ideas that i was trying to suggest to devs / writers / artists, at EA/BW, on the SWTOR forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713032 -- keep in mind that that post is a bit old -- pre-3.0/SOR -- but still has some good ideas on it ... Sadly i am a bit ashamed that I allowed myself to misbehave a bit on the thread there though)

gawd i know i have more ...

The reddit thread died down a bit, so in case people don't want to click or comment on Reddit, i copied (ONLY) my own suggestions into this reply (but there are TONS other great ones by other people on that Reddit thread that I am not going to copy/paste here) - Here are a collection of my own:

---

My list is likely to grow and evolve as i think of more things.... but here goes, for starters:

1. I want OFFLINE character design - i take "too long" in picking out what things i want on my toon's face and i get logged out a lot -- so much that i have to start jotting down the numbers of each feature before i click play (just so i don't lose the locked ones i have settled on)

2. CHARACTER STATS on the character selection screen: I want either a POPUP or some slotted read-out of how much DARK or LIGHT side points i have on each toon, how many CREDITS each one has, and some indication of HOW MANY EMAILS each one has -- PLEASE!!! (Hmm, and somewhere on that SAME selection screen, HOW MANY CARTEL COINS i have on my account -- that would be very nice as well)

3. It's messed up that they nerfed Sorc Force Storm all to hell, but IGNORED Sage Force Quake graphical animation ENTIRELY, and ALSO ignored Smuggler's own AOE power (what is the name of it? blast i played it just last night. Anyway, it's very OP'd -- not that i can complain too much, because i love it that way lol -- as much as i loved Force Storm)

4. PLEASE UPDATE RAIL SPACE MISSIONS to become RELEVANT in the game again.

5. MORE GSF maps - its like a freaking TATOOINE DESERT in that side of the game! (Ideally i'd want a free roam GSF/Rail space mission merger or hodge-podge hybrid of sorts, but i may be dreaming on this one. RUMORS a year or 2 ago said that the dev/creator of GSF had plans to do something about the flaws in it's design ... I wonder what he is up to?)

6. MORE STUFF FOR VETERANS (including NEW WZs, OPs, etc..) I am not a big player of these but there is no way i can disagree with other players that this area is lacking BADLY again. I hope KOTET/5.0 gives us more like how KOTFE gave us more story. I just want to see everyone happy with the game and the game being successful again (plus the many RAGE QUIT posts on Reddit used to be annoying)

7. There ARE new things that i do like, since 4.6 or so: the legacy cargo droids, and Legacy storage in our RV spaceships lol Those were long overdue... And weapon tunings are neat but we don't have as many of those as we'd like.

8. WHY CAN'T EA/BW STOP THE gold farming SPAM BOTS? Can't they just force ALL players to use a WinAuth type system where we ALL need a security key to play? Would that stop the spam bots or no? We had a bad/downed login server almost all day yesterday because of a server outage or EA-wide authentication problem, that did not even get fixed until sometime yesterday evening. WAS THAT a HACK attack or just general entropy in the servers?

9. i haven't the SLIGHTEST CLUE how to get a CREATURE companion - is buying cartel market packs HONESTLY the ONLY way to get these things? SIGH. THAT SUCKS. AT LEAST offer more options for us here -- i don't expect rares or semi-rares to be easy to get. Just give us a way of working our way up to at least half-*** decent ones. I'll gladly earn them IF i know how and IF i don't have to buy coins to do it. [NOTE: this refers to actual creatures that you can make them FIGHT for/with you, NOT PETS!!!]

10. FLASHPOINTS, HEROICS, and OPERATIONS. If there is 1 thing this game needs (and yes i know it has become SUPER EASY in other areas over time) but it is a DEVOTED TRAINING CLASS or SIMULATOR mode or area / "phase", for LEARNING HOW to play in these LESS-played areas of the game (I am not saying people don't "do" them, but what i am saying is that LESS NEW people TRY them because it is seen as the reserved specialty of the learned elite player base. ALL of us need to learn HOW to play in these areas of the game. GSF has a TUTORIAL MODE!!! WHY don't other areas of the game also have TUTORIAL MODES??? sigh. And ALL the ops and guild leaders said: "AMEN"???? I hope). IF we had more training in OPS and FPs, BEFORE grouping up for real or PUGing, then we would have LESS rage quits and LESS blocks/bans/FRUSTRATION from the REAL hardcore players who are tired of putting up with BAD PLAYERS).

11. LESS mountain-mazed planets!!! Seriously this is getting OLD and STALE. Art and world devs need to find some other way to keep us in their little rat race maze instead of using spurious mountain ranges to border or fence us in all the time. HOW ABOUT a RAGING RIVER or an ELECTRIC WALL or a continual JET STREAM (think exhaustion zones) or something else that helps ward us away out of areas that are not conducive to a given PVE leveling area? I am SO SICK OF ALWAYS BORING OLD MOUNTAIN RANGES being used to CORRAL players like sheep lol At least they got CREATIVE when designing MAKEB - they used not only fences and bridges but also CRAZY RAVINES that bordered on near-astronomical altitude! MAKEB IS A MASTERPIECE of world design (except i HATE the blackouts we get when taxi-ing - DEVS PLEASE take those black-outs ... out!!!

12. PLEASE fix the weird Windows 10 Graphics Glitches (especially with newer AMD Radeon cards - i personally use a R9 380X by Sapphire) - the Awesomium library is a key suspect here and maybe it needs updated with 5.0 as it seems only the mini-map, ITEM selection in inventory, and PROGRESS BARS are glitching for me (I should upload a video on this) but nothing else is glitching due to those things. AND another OLD graphics glitch (which Repair does not seem to fix? is the old light-aura effect when a companion is healing me and the bright green trapezoid is all over the floor in an obvious polygon shape (maybe i need to do video on this one too) -- THAT ONE IS OLD because it was happening with my original graphics card (NOT a R9, but an R5).

13. Add VULKAN (aka Mantle) support (meaning; NOT ONLY DirectX 12 support) in the graphics engine. If you do develop a Macintosh client, this means add METAL support as well.

14. And EA/BW would be WISE to develop (or FORK!) a cross-platform client for Macs and LINUX (Wanna GREATLY EXPAND that player base????) (or work with others with developing it)

15. MEMORY USAGE: IT'S TIME for the 64-bit CLIENT! I don't want to beat the old horse again but a SIXTY-FOUR BIT client would be TIMELY and appropriate NOW (considering it's 2016). I mean, I have 24 gigs of memory. I'd like to have a SMOOTHER WAR ZONE experience, and it might be actually FEASIBLE to run large scale operations or war zones SMOOTHER with MORE MEMORY usage by using 64-bits address space. OR AT LEAST help us with something like "SWTOR Unleashed" and load more assets into RAM at a time. At least allow those of us with more memory to be able to do this.

16. Most modern-PC players would benefit if the client had more than 2 threads. SCALE the threading model already! I have 8 cores and most people have AT LEAST 2, these days. I know this game is already OVERLY CPU-intensive but you could at least make better use of what we DO have.

17. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL CLASSES should be allowed to use various weapon types, as per "common sense" (NO i don't expect devs to understand this but i am gonna say it anyway)...

18. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: TROOPERS should be allowed to use ALL WEAPONS -- LITERALLY ALL -- EXCEPT lightsabers.

SMUGGLERS should be allowed to use ALL WEAPONS -- LITERALLY ALL -- EXCEPT lightsabers, AND have a penalty on military weapons that are "too big" (just an idea)

19. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL JEDI KNIGHTS / CONSULARS & SITH WARRIORS / INQUISITORS should be allowed to CONTINUE to use all lightsabers and OPTIONALLY pistols or rifles (LUKE SKYWALKER, KYLE KATARN -- hello?), but penalties on MILITARY HEAVY weapons. (And YEAH I KNOW, powers/abilities like "Blade Dance" could NOT use a gun - there could be alternate powers for GUN use, just as there are BOXING powers (which NOBODY USES anymore!)

20. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: Bounty Hunters should follow same rules as Troopers but they should have a lesser penalty with lightsabers because they (lore-wise) actively have hunted Jedi in the past. And Agents likewise as Smugglers, but less penalty on military weapons and explosives. Obviously no lightsabers for them.

21. WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL Companions which follow the above prototypes / archetypes should be allowed to use WHATEVER THE HELL kind of WEAPONS that WE want them to use (I understand that this can be within certain limits, as obviously there are going to be story-wise considerations here -- obviously T7 CANNOT use most melee weapons lol But why not give him a RETRACTABLE ARM for those situations where we MAY WANT him to do melee? Or he could use a rocket boost like R2 did in the prequel movies and he could do OIL-spray AND flying-SLAM attacks?) Some may see ANY of these, as a bad idea but maybe devs can compromise with us on this one. (I am building this idea mostly off of other RPGs which, in the case of some, allow any player character to use ANY weapon, albeit with either penalty taxes to ability of "to hit" or "damage"/DPS etc....) #RevengeOfTheSith

22. OLD SUGGESTIONS I had, years ago (only 2-3 ever got picked or done, and i am sure it was not because of me) And, if any one is interested, a few years ago i posted some ideas that i was trying to suggest to devs / writers / artists, at EA/BW, on the SWTOR forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713032 -- keep in mind that that post is a bit old -- pre-3.0/SOR -- but still has some good ideas on it ... Sadly i am a bit ashamed that I allowed myself to misbehave a bit on the thread there though)

gawd i know i have more ...

I agree with all those,especially the WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL Companions.

I agree with all those,especially the WEAPON PROFICIENCIES: ALL Companions.

YAY!!!! Finally! 1 person on my side hahahaha That's a huge thing for me man! :D

And yesterday I just thought of some other things i'd really want to see:

23. PLEASE MERGE the Companion Crew Skill / Crafting window with the Companions and Contacts window -- there is NO REASON why we need to have 2 separate windows and we cannot see who is busy doing what.... BEFORE we summon a companion! :( We should not need to look at 2 windows before we summon -- thus risking the interruption of the crafting or gathering mission :(

24. Please increase the body-decay delay of biological monsters/humanoids and droid/salvaging to 20-30 seconds longer than what it currently is. Some bodies DECAY TOO FAST and thus do not allow us to gather them all in time. This is very annoying. This is especially noticed during the mission "The Last Defenders" mission on Tython where you scan the droids - they disappear too fast!

25. Minor point but the leg thighs (not the calves) on the dancers in Nemro the Hutt's palace, main throne room, are too long - they always look gross / sick and anorexic. Yuck.

26. THERE IS NO PVP ACTION WHATSOEVER on Prophecy of the Five server - HOW THE HELL is anyone supposed to get any PVP or GSF or WZ action (to fulfill the DVL event requirements) if there is never anyone on them -- even during late night / "Prime Time" / weekend gaming hours? This is just IMPOSSIBLE lately!!

WE NEED CROSS SERVER PRONTO!!!!

27. RID THE GAME of STUPID, UNNECESSARY animations that WASTE COMBAT time (like when Niko or the Combat Support Droid -- or even enemy robots in Kalesh) start shooting straight upward into the air -- FOR WHAT PURPOSE??? This WASTES TIME in combat and is nothing more than an aesthetic look. It's useless and no real "soldier" would do something so stupid.... smh

28. STILL WAITING to see REAL KRAYT DRAGONS (as enemies to fight) in this game!!!! mehhhh

29. TONS of the DIALOG CUT SCENES afford NO VISIBILITY of who i am talking to, when i have Nico Okarr as my companion on the STARTER planets -- you have a LOT of scenes where the camera angles are just NOT COMPATIBLE with having a companion right away (since level 1) - PLEASE FIX all the camera angles of cut scene conversations on the starter planets WITH a companion like HK or Nico Okarr taken into consideration. A LOT of the times, their bodies are blocking my POV (Point of View) because i think the devs DID NOT CONSIDER that someone could have a companion right away. This is very annoying and it DESTROYS IMMERSION when i am only ending up staring into someone's back-side or shoulder and cannot see past that person up-close.

Finn used a lightsaber, he's a trooper...

while Finn was a trooper, yes, we have no clue whether or not he was "Force Sensitive" and yes, while it is true that ANYONE can hold a weapon, it is NOT true that just anyone can PROPERLY USE a lightsaber with even beginner proficiency -- its easy to wield a plain, ordinary, NON-ENERGETIC, metal-only "sword" or blade, that will not automatically cut off your own arm if you move or swing it wrong. But a lightsaber Rwould REQUIRE absolute force-instilled power to be able to smoothly and proficiently wield it with SUPERNATURAL skill. Troopers are NOT supernatural, they are merely SKILLED. Jedi are skilled ONLY BECAUSE they are supernatural, and are not supernatural because they are skilled. They are born that way.

UNTIL we see the next movie in that arc, we do not yet know if he is going to be a Jedi or is just another gun-toter.

(in the end scene, sure, he does not do bad with the lightsaber -- but he also allowed it to fly out of his hand (neither of them on the light side were ever trained, however Rey showed quite a lot of sensitivity to the Force where even Finn DID NOT -- yet)

Finn, if he is force-sensitive, will need training (as will Rey) but we have not seen any indication of Finn being that way yet.

Troopers (and even Han Solo, who in EU lore WAS ALSO a trooper in his past) can use lightsabers with basic functionality but they are NOT going to be able to use them in combat with no risk to cutting off their own limbs in the process (lots of people are KLUTZES but this is 1 thing a Jedi or Sith is not supposed to be anymore)

Maybe this is why Gus Tuuno failed at Jedi Academy? Maybe because he is a KLUTZ LOL

Edited by lightningseven

star wars VII the trooper:

the trooper whole movie is about the lightsaber as the protagonist with excessive force dare not to approach, originally soldiers used swords .. I think if they should be able to make a move or two base .. the shadows may have a double saber or a normal one, not if you knew but that option exists for the tree

5 years/ 2011

Two bugs I'd love to see fixed:

* Every time I try to Travel To Contact to turn in crates and a new chapter tries to auto-launch, I get frozen in a hallway. I have to submit a ticket and wait up to 3 days for tech support to send my character back to Fleet before I can play again. This has happened for the last 3 chapters.

* During the Jos and Valk Beroya fight in the Blood Hunt flashpoint, the combat resets for no particular reason. My group has tried to complete this flashpoint at least half a dozen times and it always resets. We submit a ticket and were told it's a "known bug". Sadly, they didn't mark it as complete. Until it's fixed or they're willing to mark it complete, there's no way to go farther with the Light vs. Dark event.

star wars VII the trooper:

the trooper whole movie is about the lightsaber as the protagonist with excessive force dare not to approach, originally soldiers used swords .. I think if they should be able to make a move or two base .. the shadows may have a double saber or a normal one, not if you knew but that option exists for the tree

5 years/ 2011

WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT were you even trying to say??? that was ... just ... gibberish?!?! errrrr.....

PLEASE try again, and this next time, using plain English? Thanks.

* Every time I try to Travel To Contact to turn in crates and a new chapter tries to auto-launch, I get frozen in a hallway. I have to submit a ticket and wait up to 3 days for tech support to send my character back to Fleet before I can play again. This has happened for the last 3 chapters.

I have not tried KOTFE yet but it sounds like you need to RESET something - maybe even those quests? Click RESET on them? Try that?

* During the Jos and Valk Beroya fight in the Blood Hunt flashpoint, the combat resets for no particular reason. My group has tried to complete this flashpoint at least half a dozen times and it always resets. We submit a ticket and were told it's a "known bug". Sadly, they didn't mark it as complete. Until it's fixed or they're willing to mark it complete, there's no way to go farther with the Light vs. Dark event.

Never tried that one so i am sure you are right on it. I wish that they would have taken into consideration the LOW POPULATION SERVERS (Prophecy of the Five, Jung Ma, etc...) where NO WZs or FPs or GSF can pop -- AT ALL -- and thus THAT TOO makes for a TOTALLY FAILED DVL event!!! :(

Edited by lightningseven

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought of 6 more, 3 the other day, and 3 more today:

30. Make CRAFTING MATERIALS vendors more frequently found while exploring "in the wilds" of PVE worlds and why not on Orbital Stations too, instead of as it is now, where you MIGHT find only ONE of them on a planet ... I should not have to go back to Fleet to buy EVERY thing i need.

31. Make the Medical Center vendors who ARE ALWAYS found on planets, sell medpacks and stims that correspond to ALL levels (instead of just the ones the planet was meant for use with, when leveling Class / PVE), and since they almost never sell adrenals, please make them sell those too. Please make them stock all levels 1-65 of medpacks. It's annoying since people can come to any planet at any level for any variety of mission-REASONS and the only things they can find there are for lowbies :(

32. ALSO ANNOYING (BUG???) the "Activate Random Mount" feature INCLUDES the Rocket Boots option and says we are "not allowed to favorite it" ... BUT ... we are also NOT ALLOWED to UN-favorite it either! And I DO NOT WANT to be FORCED into using those for Random Mounts BECAUSE they TIME OUT after a short period of time. USELESS! The Favorite option is GREYED OUT so we cannot even remove them from the selection of a "favorite" when we DO click on Random Mount. PLEASE FIX THIS NONSENSE. I want to have the option of when i use my Rocket Boots and MAYBE even for how long. WHY is it still considered a "Mount" anyway? It would be even better if you just removed the classification of it being a mount AND the limited active firing time of the Rocket Boots, so we at least have this 1 thing in which to move faster in areas that are "non-speeder areas" where we cannot use real regular mounts in. (Less of those areas would be nice too). IDEALLY: Make the Rocket Boots stay active AS LONG as we hold the BUTTON down (no limit) -- that would be the best idea ever!!!!

33. WOULD LOVE for them to fix these bugs: When playing a rifle/pistol/shooting class, when i am turned side-ways but aiming at an enemy to my left or right, the shots come out of the barrel at weird non-conducive but PERPENDICULAR angles. Seriously HOW HARD is it for devs to just insert code that causes my character to PIVOT to the left or right BEFORE the shot gets fired? This BS where the shots come out of my barrel at left or right angles and not being shot STRAIGHT ... BREAKS IMMERSION and frankly it just looks stupid. INSERT CODE into the combat sequence where if i am shooting at something that is NOT directly ahead of me, cause my character to PIVOT to that direction FIRST before the shot gets fired. Takes not even a second for this to occur in game-space. OF COURSE there will be people who do not want this so make it a TOGGLE OPTION in Preferences, please.

34. HOW STUPID is it to have the Legacy Bank for Bounty Hunter space ships to be put into the bedroom area? THIS CAN BE FIXED (for aesthetic and practical reasons because it is just STUPID to have it in there, in the first place) by relocating it BACK to the cargo bay area. IF there is "no room" to place it there (that would be EA/BW's typical excuse) then just set an attribute in the object's properties whereby the SIZE of the object is lowered by 10 or 20% -- enough so that when squeezing it right next to the guild bank (which IS in the cargo area) that it does not then look "scrunched together" and looks natural and normal, like the GB already does look). THIS IS SUCH A SIMPLE FIX and frankly it took me almost all of 2 days to just find that Legacy bank in my ship because i was NOT AT ALL expecting it to be in the bedroom area once i had unlocked it .... SMH!!!!!

35. There is a rifle "[Prototype Herloss Molytex Prototype Ripper]" in the game that my Agent Operative currently uses that does NOT have any sound effects currently tied to it's properties when it is fired. It's a blue Level 56 "prototype ... prototype" blaster rifle (yes it actually uses that word twice in it's title name) and it is dead quiet every single time i fire it, no matter which power i select. This is lame. BW devs are SO LAZY and SLOPPY that they miss these obvious necessities when they are putting new code into the system? This bug has been around probably since 4.0 when Heroics were totally revamped (this rifle, I know, was a reward of a Heroic loot drop).

I am sure i can think of more but these things BUG ME .... BAD lol

Edited by lightningseven

Where are you typically teleporting away FROM? Like where do you start your teleport AT? I hope its not in an instanced area - that might be why? Try going to a common area first? I don't know any other answers because I have never tried that. Just use general sense.

I have heard that the FP Depths of Manaan is also bugged for similar reasons. :(

Basically, thiis whole DVL event is RIDDLED WITH NUMEROUS FLAWS because either the Devs or the PROJECT MANAGERS are SHORT-SIGHTED IDIOTS.

sigh

My additions would be:

- The ability to customize the KotFE companions. Preferably change their armor.

- More in-depth character development, especially for romanced companions.

- Turn regeneration toys into skills so we don't waste pack space.

- Let cartel market companions take more types of gifts.

- Hide hood option!

- Bring back the armor pieces that got removed when the armor vendors were taken out so those sets can be completed.

- Fix Vector & Scourge's cross-dressing bug already. And stop Temple from using Kaliyo's voice :mad:

I'd also like to add that a lot of my OLD (pre-3.0 / pre-SOR) ideas for the game, that old list ... STILL has a lot of very good ideas in it (and if people have not read it, go here and see (it's HUGE! and 2 of the things actually did happen in SOR!)) :)

[Pre-3.0 / Shadow of Revan list] "SUGGESTED Future Planets, Classes, Races, Flashpoints, Missions I'd LOVE to see!":

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713032

yeah..I disagree with this : Don't wanna be forced into something .

You may wanna change that to ''All Players'' , sound so Entitled.

6. MORE STUFF FOR VETERANS (including NEW WZs, OPs, etc..)

wouldn't that screw the whole Idea behind a CLASS ? yeah sorry , but I disagree . I don't want my Sith to be able to shoot with a Blaster . Or my Commando shoot with a blaster when I can make a bigger hole with a cannon .

There are games that introduce these kind of system (elsewhere) like be watever race and class you want . Cose it doesn't matter . And it come off so hollow and shallow . These kind of ''restrictions'' may not match your movies , but that is the charm of it . I certainly don't wanna see a Jedi shoot a rifle .

This:

yeah..I disagree with this : Don't wanna be forced into something .

wouldn't that screw the whole Idea behind a CLASS ? yeah sorry , but I disagree . I don't want my Sith to be able to shoot with a Blaster . Or my Commando shoot with a blaster when I can make a bigger hole with a cannon .

There are games that introduce these kind of system (elsewhere) like be watever race and class you want . Cose it doesn't matter . And it come off so hollow and shallow . These kind of ''restrictions'' may not match your movies , but that is the charm of it . I certainly don't wanna see a Jedi shoot a rifle .

This:

What is the DIFFERENCE between a Jedi / Sith (any kind) shooting a blaster in PVE surface combat, as opposed to shooting BLASTER CANNONS in GSF ??

There are no "lightsaber-wielding star ships" either in GSF or anywhere else ... see my point?

What is the DIFFERENCE between a Jedi / Sith (any kind) shooting a blaster in PVE surface combat, as opposed to shooting BLASTER CANNONS in GSF ??

There are no "lightsaber-wielding star ships" either in GSF or anywhere else ... see my point?

yeah..I'm sticking to my point . Worst idea ever...

Agent/Smuggler usage of counterpart weapon - good.

Bounty hunter/Trooper usage of counterpart weapon - good.

Agent/Smuggler using swords - BAD.

Bounty hunter/trooper using sword - BAD.

Jedi/Sith shooting blaster weapons - BAD.

Stop making stupid "suggestions" already.

This is NOT Elder Scrolls, people. You CANNOT make character and give him random weapon.

If you want to be Jedi/Sith with blaster - go play KOTOR. There's plenty of choices there.

And for the God sake - stop using SW VII as your main "argument". This abomination should be buried in a frigid wastes of Hoth.

Well with the weapons proficiencies thing the way the game works right now it'd only really make sense if all the Jedi/Sith classes could use all kinds of lightsabers and all the Blaster Classes could use any kind of ranged weapon.

Personally I'd want:

1. Legacy Wide Conquest
  2. Legacy Wide Friends List and Ignore list
  3. Vastly improved Hard Mode Flashpoint rewards
  4. At least two brand new extremely challeneging Operations
  5. At least three new Flashpoints
  6. At least three new War Zone Maps
  7. Z-Axis and Scaling options for stronghold decorations
  8. The ability to command my companion more specifically. Hold position, move to marked location, etc.
  9. Less focus on the Cartel Market and more focus on developing actual game content.
  10. Use a "Buy-to-Play" payment model for SWTOR. As it is, the Free-to-Play option in SWTOR is a bad joke, and Preferred isn't much better.
  11. Better Communication from BioWare to players on the Forums. If you make them feel like you're at least listening, maybe they'll ***ch less.

Well with the weapons proficiencies thing the way the game works right now it'd only really make sense if all the Jedi/Sith classes could use all kinds of lightsabers and all the Blaster Classes could use any kind of ranged weapon.

Personally I'd want:

Legacy Wide Friends List and Ignore list

NOT ALL of us want this -- we do not all want to have the same friends on each toon.

They should just give us the OPTION of having TWO KINDS of friend lists instead- or a TOGGLE:

Either:

1. a LOCAL friend list for only that 1 character, and no others, and a GLOBAL friend list,

2. OR a UNIFIED friend list that has certain entries on it that can be set as either "global friends" (server/legacy-wide) or local-only (for that 1 character only) friends. Would be better if we also had an ACCOUNT-wide friend list (or an Account-wide toggle for a Unified list) too but that would then need "Cross-Server" and we cannot expect that yet - we can wish :(

Legacy Wide Conquest

Vastly improved Hard Mode Flashpoint rewards

At least two brand new extremely challeneging Operations

At least three new Flashpoints

At least three new War Zone Maps

Since i don't really do these (yet, or) all that often (I do not like other people) I am neutral on it but basically all for it - it hurts nobody to get more of those things.

Z-Axis and Scaling options for stronghold decorations

The ability to command my companion more specifically. Hold position, move to marked location, etc.

LOVE these 2 ideas!!

Less focus on the Cartel Market and more focus on developing actual game content.

Use a "Buy-to-Play" payment model for SWTOR. As it is, the Free-to-Play option in SWTOR is a bad joke, and Preferred isn't much better.

FIRST ITEM: ABSOLUTELY!

Second item: You must want the soon to be imminent death of this game???? Because WITHOUT F2P, there can be no social drive towards the micro-sale Cartel Market, which is the total health of this entire game (besides us subscribers)

Better Communication from BioWare to players on the Forums. If you make them feel like you're at least listening, maybe they'll ***ch less.

I have always thought they were "ok" on this score, but they are definitely not very forthcoming about all that they are working on for future game versions / update iterations. Some of us do not care about "spoilers" (at least on the game mechanics side, so, no, i do not mean story spoilers -- i mean "how the game works and what can we do now" spoilers) -- we want to know what is coming ... just give us more game mechanics reveals). Other games already do this, but NOT SWTOR!! No, we must rely on 3rd party DATA MINERS (other players) to reverse engineer PTS data structures (which can also be fully spoiler-y) :(

sigh

I know it's already done but those KOTOR style cutscenes really annoy me. Even the side-quest conversations at launch were fully voiced. (Yes, I know, there are 48 different voice actors for all the classes in all languages and genders). But these KOTOR conversations are put into the IMPORTANT side missions -- the side missions where we reunite with some of our favorite companions. I know it's probably not going to change, but I really wish these don't pop up in the future. Compared to all the other conversations in the game, these seem like a step in the wrong direction.

I also made this post about some small changes for certain companions which would personally make their experience all around better for me. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=891082

Edited by Kataret

• 2 weeks later...
32. ALSO ANNOYING (BUG???) the "Activate Random Mount" feature INCLUDES the Rocket Boots option and says we are "not allowed to favorite it" ... BUT ... we are also NOT ALLOWED to UN-favorite it either! And I DO NOT WANT to be FORCED into using those for Random Mounts BECAUSE they TIME OUT after a short period of time. USELESS! The Favorite option is GREYED OUT so we cannot even remove them from the selection of a "favorite" when we DO click on Random Mount. PLEASE FIX THIS NONSENSE.

You can bypas this by using the "unfavorite all" button on the vehicle list, which will unfavorite Rocket Boost along with all your other mounts. You can then "favorite all" and it will mark everything except Rocket Boost, or you can go through and manually favotite the specific mounts you want to use.