Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW:Rebels Season III

t-darko
09.15.2016 , 03:28 PM | #21
Hmm Ezra is ominous

MadDutchman
09.15.2016 , 06:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
Hmm Ezra is ominous
Oooo, that is chilling.

It's kinda nice though seeing the kinds of things mental domination can do for you. Normally its all just a whole bunch of TK and lightning and stuff. But put a weak willed individual in charged of a heavily armed and armoured weapons platform...

Throughout season 1 and 2 they've been really showing off Ezra's telepathic and extrasensory abilities rather than just pure TK power (though he has some of that too), so I guess this is just an extension of that trend.

I'm really interested to see where they go with it.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

therecanonlybeon
09.15.2016 , 06:43 PM | #23
oh im hyped for season 3, i really liked the ending of season 2

MadDutchman
09.17.2016 , 09:24 AM | #24
Ashla and Bogan being made canon for light and dark side it seems

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebe...p-bendu-kanan/

We had Ashla introduced in Season 2, but now we got the set. Nice to see Dave pulling all this old EU stuff back in.

t-darko
09.17.2016 , 03:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Ashla and Bogan being made canon for light and dark side it seems

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebe...p-bendu-kanan/

We had Ashla introduced in Season 2, but now we got the set. Nice to see Dave pulling all this old EU stuff back in.
Lovely promo you found there, taking the liberty to put it in the OP.

Looks like you're right; Ashla AND Bogan is a fact of Canon as of now, did I mention that "Dawn of the Jedi" is my personally part of the EU among other things
But interesting input there from the "Bendu"; looks like Jedi Leor Hal was correct all along!! Fancy that!! Interesting turn in the New Canon . . .

MadDutchman
09.17.2016 , 06:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
Lovely promo you found there, taking the liberty to put it in the OP.

Looks like you're right; Ashla AND Bogan is a fact of Canon as of now, did I mention that "Dawn of the Jedi" is my personally part of the EU among other things
But interesting input there from the "Bendu"; looks like Jedi Leor Hal was correct all along!! Fancy that!! Interesting turn in the New Canon . . .
And the best part is: No Lucas to arbitrarily override it.

With Disney being so careful about maintaining consistency across all mediums, these lore details are likely here to stay.

therecanonlybeon
09.18.2016 , 03:28 AM | #27
after that clip im even more hyped

FlavivsAetivs
09.19.2016 , 10:42 AM | #28
Yeah I'm pretty hyped for this.

Quote:
With Disney being so careful about maintaining consistency across all mediums, these lore details are likely here to stay.
Actually the Disneyverse has a lot of inconsistency issues already. Just saying. It's going to happen no matter what because Star Wars always has been, and will be, a pile of authors' fanfics with a few gems actually worthy of the Star Wars title laying on top.

Despite Lucas' overrides, he actually was kind of a stickler about consistency. Bane was written to be consistent with the movies, and so was Thrawn (before the prequels). The current KotFE plot would NEVER make it past Lucas (as we've been discussing in the Vitiate/Valkorion thread).

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

MadDutchman
09.19.2016 , 12:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
Actually the Disneyverse has a lot of inconsistency issues already.

~ Eudoxia
Such as?

I'm not talking about the stuff that got carried over from Lucas, or tiny things like differences in the size of the interior and exterior of the Falcon in the movies.

While I'm sure there a small things here and there, but I honestly don't know of any, current, glaring inconsistencies.

FlavivsAetivs
09.19.2016 , 03:27 PM | #30
The one I'm thinking of is that in the "Smuggler's Run" novel there is a clone trooper that's in his 40's (when he should be in his 80's or dead) hunting Han Solo. That's a glaring conflict with the movie-canon which says Clone Troopers age twice as fast. Most of the other stuff is minor, yeah. But it's there, and it will continue to grow.

However, with the retconning of the EU a lot of the movie inconsistencies are now back (the republic being 25,000 or 1000 years old, Leia remembering her mother, Yoda training Obi-Wan, etc.)

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant