Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW:Rebels Season III

t-darko
07.16.2016 , 12:01 PM | #1
View the Trailer

Edit I; Enter Thrawn - Q&A with Timothy Zahn

Edit II; Season 3 opens September 24

Edit III; 9.27 minutes of Rebels Season 3

Edit IV: 10 days left to go >> Dark?

Edit V: Meet "The Bendu"

Edit VI; Food for speculation; watch this breakdown of the first trailer for season 3

Edit VII; Prepare to get 'Thrawned away', and hear the actors thought on season 3

Edit VIII; Seems like Saw gonna join us when season 3 picks up again!!

Edit IX; Midseason trailer

Edit X; Saw Gerrera mini documentary

Edit XI; So how hard is it to wield a dark saber?

Edit: XII; So we're just about a week away for Rebels to pick up after the Hiatus: "Trails of the Dark saber" left things kinda hanging, as it should.

Edit XIII; "Legacy of the Dark saber"

Nersond
07.17.2016 , 07:05 AM | #2
So Ezra is on his way to the dark side for the same reason as Anakin, to protect his friends and the weak.

Newyankalt
07.17.2016 , 10:31 AM | #3
Also a 2 minute Maul clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRsgN4MV2UM

LordMordeth
07.17.2016 , 10:44 AM | #4
Oooh.

Can't wait, that looks really good, best piece of Star Wars i've seen in a long time. ^^

t-darko
07.17.2016 , 02:13 PM | #5
Just to connect some with the threads headline; The SW;R Season 3 trailer received standing ovations as it was apparently clear that thrawn was about to come back in from the cold and rejoin Canon. Strong characters and stories will not be ignored; It actually was a pure joy to watch Filoni at the panels, his commitment and engagement to Star Wars is really coming across at those moments.

The trailer contains so many aspects of Canon that it feels really packed: Three defected Imperial junior cadets and you hear one of them introduce himself; "You can call me Wedge. . ."

Jec-
07.17.2016 , 04:47 PM | #6
I agree! I am super excited that they are digging into the EU and bringing in old Characters. As much as I was resistant to Rebels to start, I really love how they are tying the show together with the movies and the "legends" EU.

myrdinn
07.18.2016 , 11:24 AM | #7
This is the last season, right? I think they are trying to go out on a big bang, before moving on to the next series (which is set around ANH-ESB-RTJ timeframe).

DarthDymond
07.18.2016 , 11:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by myrdinn View Post
This is the last season, right? I think they are trying to go out on a big bang, before moving on to the next series (which is set around ANH-ESB-RTJ timeframe).
Is it? I believe S1 stated five years before ANH, so I'd anything I would suspect they would be aiming for five seasons.

Also, what is this series set during the OT you mentioned? I don't recall hearing anything about that.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

myrdinn
07.18.2016 , 12:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Is it? I believe S1 stated five years before ANH, so I'd anything I would suspect they would be aiming for five seasons.

Also, what is this series set during the OT you mentioned? I don't recall hearing anything about that.
Something that was mentioned back in February (and, sort of a follow-up on something Lucas was working on, that Disney took over).
Basically, they already had the arcs worked out for the Rebel crew, and pretty much knew how they would end up (and not cross canon). I vaguely remember Filoni talking about how they had plotted out the ending for the story arc after the season two ender...
...and in an interview, they talked a bit about a possible followup series (kinda like how Rebels was a follow-up to the second version of the Clone Wars). Filoni said something along the lines that the third series would run about the same time as the original trilogy.

MadDutchman
07.18.2016 , 01:23 PM | #10
We only know that Rebels is fully plotted out, we don't know how many seasons that is.

My money is on 5 seasons.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.