Screen freeze after 5 minutes

edlitmus

This release is freezing after 5 minutes of game play, consistently. I have to ctl-alt-del to get the task manager to force quit the client, which seems to be using 1.5GB of RAM when it dies.

System specs: Core i7 3770, 2x Nvidia GTX 980 (SLI), 16GB RAM.

I have tried with the latest Nvidia drivers as well as 361.75 which was the last really stable release with SWTOR. Every driver I have tried has had the same issue.

Have you tried running the repair utility on the launcher?

Are you doing anything in particular each time this happens? (Mounting, initiating combat, opening inventory, transitioning locations, etc.) I ask because something as innocuous as clicking the mod station in the VIP room on Fleet used to lock the game up and required a forced closing of the game.

I've also started freezing since the patch, has never happened since launch.

I have been either on the character select, running heroics, or just sitting in my stronghold. I have yet to find the trigger.

I have attempted rolling back drivers, and a fresh install.

This release is freezing after 5 minutes of game play, consistently. I have to ctl-alt-del to get the task manager to force quit the client, which seems to be using 1.5GB of RAM when it dies.

System specs: Core i7 3770, 2x Nvidia GTX 980 (SLI), 16GB RAM.

I have tried with the latest Nvidia drivers as well as 361.75 which was the last really stable release with SWTOR. Every driver I have tried has had the same issue.

Have a look at the known issues sticky (Link), note the Nvidia SLI and Windows 10 issue

Initially try applying the Windows 7 compat mode to the swtor shortcut